Movie 'Crawler Update

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by jogurt »

What is the problem?
The chance anyone of will have an affair with Mr. Cumming is so small - so what cares us?
Me cares much more he do a good job as crawler. :)
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

well.... Alan DOES have a boyfriend. but who cares? I agree some of these people you see flipping out that he's bi alternatley amuse me and tick me off :p i mean geez guys... he's an actor, he's a professional. he is going to do his job, and play the part to the best of his abilities. as long as he is good in the roll, that is all that matters. i don't care what he does in his personal life.

What scenes are you talking about Panz? the only ones i have really heard much about are the Whithouse opening, and them finding him in that church... oh and when he's injured and gets some TLC from Storm :naughty: now i could picture how comic-book Nighty would act in such scenes, (aside from the Whithouse one of course) and it would be real great to be sure... but i havent heard anything about how Alan is supposed to play the part...

and yeah, some of that fan art is a riot huh? :LOL:

and Typhon... thanks for the link, and welcome to the board!! :D
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Well, it may just be more rumours...I think that I read some of the funnier ones over at Jackman's Landing., but Im sure these will be out takes, they sound like they are having a blast crapping around sometimes...And then on a few other boards, Ive seen mention of some scene where Kurt is dashing about the X-mansion in his undies...trying to figure out who these people are and what they are up to... and then in one of the interviews with Alan, he mentioned spending a lot of time on wires, and that there was a lot of crawling around on surfaces but he doesn't know how it will all come out in the end....Still no one is saying very much, so Im even taking what Alan says with a grain of salt...There is SOOO much speculation and gossip out there and I have no way of knowing which it is...Just about every sci/fantasy, movie, X-Men or comics discussion board out there has some wild speculation and some odd scene that they have heard about...Jackman supposesdly says that he is terribly funny and that it is hard to do your lines when he is saying some silly thing...
ignore me, Im just excitable and I spend waaay too much time on the internet at 3 AM....I don't mean to be a tease, I just spout things that I've read, whether they are true or not.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

oh go ahead and tell all! but if it is specualtion just say so beforehand. i love hearing stories from the set! :D

even if they are not *completely true* you can still infer some things about what's going on. like, official reports would have you believe that Alan will be spending the majority of his scenes with Bary and Jansen.... but sicne Jackman is sharing lines with him, he will be meeting up with Wolverine too... thing we may get to see the seeds of a Logan/Kurt friendship like the comics?

nighty in his underwear, huh? i wanna see THAT! :D

*goes to check out Jackmans Landing*

*comes back*
egad! that place is a goldmine! :o
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

:dead::dead::dead: too much writing rots panzez brain...Jackman has some yummy pics over there too! :love:

I ghost around on a lot of boards and you would be surprises at the strange stuff that people will come up with!

I didn't think that he had hooves for the simple reason that when Tim Curry did "legends" he made particular mention of how awful they were to wear, and he is not a whiner...ifAlan had been put in hooves, we would be listening to him whine still. I Am curious to find out how much of the hands and feet are prosthetics and how much are cgi .

Some time ago, I saw a pic of Al in a sequined top hat...long before he was cast as Nightcrawler...I kinda hope that he gets to wear some strange and funky gear :P It would be fun. Bamfette? did you find the reference on JL where Alan and Hugh are capering around singing show tunes? :P...I KNOW I didn't dream that one up:D

I need a nap:Z
Panz

Typhon24
Lubber
Lubber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Typhon24 »

Hey Bamf-

Yea, you run a nice MB here. I salute you ;) I must admit, though, this is also the first I've heard of the waterfall and underwear scenes, so wherever this came from, it isn't something Cumming or Singer have gone on record with. I think I can confirm what they were shooting at the Church, tho. Trevor Goring, one of the production artists for X2, told me at Comicon this year that Storm and Jean first encounter Nightie in a church. Sounds sweet to me. What is it with Marvel and churches all of a sudden? Blade 2: Blade fights Nomak in a church, Daredevil: all sorts of goings on in churches, X2: Nightcrawler found in an old church. Wonder if the Bruce Banner will go to confessions after he Hulks out :D

PS) Ever think of making an avatar out of this? It's small and a little blurry, I know, but it'll have to do till Marvel provides us with something better!
X2 - The Evolution Continues!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

oh no, the Waterfall is jsut speculation. this thread was the first i saw mentioned of it myself. i have never heard mention of anything actually being filmed.... though i did hear of some location scouting going on in Germany back before filming began.

where that comes form is the comic book Nightcrawler's origin - he was tossed off a waterfall by Mystique when he was a baby. so i guess some fans would like to see that origin in the movie...

but you know, they seem to be sticking fairly close, overall. i'm actually very surprised how clsoe they are! kept him as German, kept the circus background, kept his faith... i was shocked, especially about the circus. i was sure at first the only thing they'd keep was him being German, no mention of his past at all.

and yeah, i have seen that pic, but never thought about making an avatar outa it before... hmm....

Panz! i can't find mention of showtunes! i will keep looking though, i am sure you couldn't have dreamed that up :p make sense too, since both Hugh and Alan came form stage backgrounds.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Slarti »

I remember reading a conversation on Hugh Jackman and Alan Cumming singing showtunes on the set. I didn't hallucinate that did I?
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Well, slarti-girl...if you are having those kind of things as hallucinations....share!...ok?

I am desperate for some entertainment!
Panz

Typhon24
Lubber
Lubber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Typhon24 »

Ah, nice - yea, I think the only thing they're not keeping is the Mystique/Crawler relationship, but even there I'm not sure...an article in Entertainment Weekly seemed to imply they were keeping *that* even, but I find that hard to believe, for obvious age-related reasons...EW doesn't always research their stories like that as heavily as they should. Maybe if they were brother and sister...but then you have to get into who their parents are, and I think then you're just getting way too off topic.
X2 - The Evolution Continues!
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

If Nightcrawler, somehow, managed to find out that his mommy is Mystique, I just want to see that look on his face in the movie.

For, in the animated series, he took it calmly, but in Evolution, he was like, "NOOOOOOOO!", but in the movie, I want to see this reaction.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Garble »

"Kurt, I AM your Mother!!!"

"No! That's not true... That's Impossible!!!!"
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

*bursts out laughing*
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Garbs, it would be waaaay worse if she said..."kurt, I am you father" don't you think?
Panz

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by kladyelf »

Garbs, it would be waaaay worse if she said..."kurt, I am you father" don't you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually there are some fanfics that do that.....

heh, we've had Kurt Skywalker, now we've got Darth 'Tique, what next? Remy Solo? Princess Pryde? who'd be the wookie? Logan or Kylun or Sabretooth? :D Charles-XPO? Warlock-D2?
yes?
no?
maybe?
:P

SPCBFE
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

Here's an idea! (Heh, heh, heh).

Storm3P0
Scott2D2

AND

Obi-Charles-Kenobi!
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by jogurt »

scott 3pO devinitiv it fits more his character..LOL -petty bourgeois
he is...
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nightfollower »

Alan is bi? Hmm, mebbe thats why he was prancing around in that dress thing *oh god the visuals!* Well, ya learn something new every day, dont ya? Reminds me of Deacont....

Kurt will be found in a church? Kweel.

Yeah, I saw one of those episode thingies where he was a monk. Bloody good episode too :D

Oh man, why cant X2 come out tomorrow instead of next year?! I just cant wait!!!!!!!!!
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

seven months and nine days to be precise.... (yes I'm counting... I'm also couting when I get married because we get married exactly three months after x2 premiers in the U.S.)
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

There's some interesting timing...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

Originally posted by Garble

"Kurt, I AM your Mother!!!"

"No! That's not true... That's Impossible!!!!"
Then Kurt gets his hand chopped off...:shocked:
And rescues Amanda Solo from her Limbo-imprisonment...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Garble »

Hey, wait a second. What's that everyone was saying about Alan?
Something about him being a bicycle???

Ooooooohhh..... Well, yeah I wondered about that.
It seems to me, it doesn't make any difference. After all, the director and guy playing Magneto are gay, so it's a little late in the franchise to develope homophobia. (Biphobia?)
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

THAT'S IT! I'm sticking up for Alan on this one! *growls*

I speak on behalf of Alan that it's not his fault that he's bisexual. So what if he is?! Is that any reason to penalize him?! To label him a weirdo?! I have a friend who is lesbian and I know a guy who's gay and HE'S COOL!

If a kid I know named Bernard was here to see this, this is what he'll say: It doesn't matter if you are gay, straight or lesbian, can't we all just try to be ourselves and not cover our faces in the shadows?

I don't care if he's gay, I don't care if he's bisexual, I don't care if he's like Marilyn Manson! Alan Cummings made me happy when I heard he was gonna play Nightcrawler and that's what it should matter. He is there to make the character look good and he's a great actor, why the hell they choose him for that part?

I am so sick and tired of people making fun of Alan for his choice of life. Leave him alone and be appreciative that he is playing Nightcrawler and is there to do a hella of a good job. He's a human too, guys, with feelings and it's possible that you might hurt them if you say it in front of his face.

There is a saying that not everybody is perfect. GOD CREATED IMPERFECT HUMAN BEINGS! That goes for characers as well.
So, let's all leave Alan Cummings alone, okay? Okay.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by jogurt »

Originally posted by Tabitha

There is a saying that not everybody is perfect. GOD CREATED IMPERFECT HUMAN BEINGS! That goes for characers as well.
So, let's all leave Alan Cummings alone, okay? Okay.
who let the girl outa her gage man? Its normal like beeing straight. Mother earth did us like that. No reason to go pathetic.
You fell in love with a human not with his/ her gender...(to all out there .no avances !im not gay- but if somebody is It didn`t cares me!) Thats my very last word to this gay discussion, I swaer.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Garble

Hey, wait a second. What's that everyone was saying about Alan?
Something about him being a bicycle???

Ooooooohhh..... Well, yeah I wondered about that.
It seems to me, it doesn't make any difference. After all, the director and guy playing Magneto are gay, so it's a little late in the franchise to develope homophobia. (Biphobia?)
Bryan Singer is gay?
BTW, is this convo my fault? I did bring up the subject but only cuz I was a tad confused. I thought it might be a typo seeing as how he was involved with a girl.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]