Movie 'Crawler Update

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

BamfCentral, the *biggest* elf sight around has multiple links to tghis place, that's how i found it!:D
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

other people. I found out via Elwing, blue dj found out cuz a me, his bro cuz a him. A lot of people just click nightcrawler on google thought I'm sure. try it yourself and see what happens
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

I had a theory about the X-Men sequel and how it starts. I thought the beginning, like a prologue of some sort, will show Mystique holding her baby and drop him over a water fall.

But, instead, it shows an opening of the White House and there is like a tour going on. Nightcrawler will be doing some of these fancy tricks, but he's under mind control.

Is it just me, or should they make the beginning like I said, instead of showing the White house incident first?
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

They'll probably do the whole waterfall thing later in the movie.
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

nah... thow WE naturally are quite interested in the Elf, but it would just confuse less informed movie viewers.

the Whitehouse opening serves many purposes in terms of movie making that the waterfall scene could not. It introduces us to a new character, including his abilities and what he looks like (NOW not when he was a wee lil thing). it introduces us to the villain, Stryker. it shows us what Mystique is up to. It provides a central question with the fact that Kurt is mind controlled. WHY was he beig controlled? and by whom? It sets up the movie world's view on mutants anew, and povides a catalyst for the main plot. mutant tries to assasinate president - government responds by initiating anti-mutant policies - X-Men MUST respond to that. it's a great beginning to the movie since it serves multiple purposes.

Waterfall.... indroduces Nightcrawler, and reveals his connection to Mystique. but not his abilities, not his appearance as of today... not anything, really.

keep the Whitehouse beginning, says I!
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

yeah! it looks really interesting, and introduces the crawler with a bang! (or a bamf!):laugh:
Nope...Too small

~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

:bamf: is correct. But still, any theories on how the X-men gonna encounter Kurty?
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nightfollower »

Aww, no piccies? Oh well, THANKYOU REX FOR PUTTING MY MIND AT EASE!!! I was scared that he was going to look real bad, but I trrust you that he will look good. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! *hugs Rex tight*

Whip marks? Wha....? :? Oki, I'm confused
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

i'm betting that they will either fight him and then have to rescue him, or find him in a church.
Nope...Too small

~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

I vote for church. That is the most obvious place to be.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

and it would show the religeous thing very well!
Nope...Too small

~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

well considering they were filming scenes at a church a few days ago, and several places have already reported that he IS found at a church, i'll go with that idea.... :p but i don't particularily like it because i fear we may get another TAS Nightcrawler... i hated him in TAS :rolleyes:
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

TAS? Whazzat?

I'm looking more and more forward to the movie, now...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

The Animated Series... ya know... where he was a monk? carried a bible with him at all times? :rolleyes:
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

Oh...If they'd have made him more like he really is, I would have been a fan longer...and at that point and time, all I knew of the comic book world was from the shows...Gimme a break. I was 8 at the time...

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Hsu
Geez, it's STILL slow as all hell too! Thank goodness we got out of there.

BTW, how are all these people finding this place? Google?
according to our stats, and filtering out the ones that are in site or likely just image theft we are left with (for the month of September):

902 from google.com
294 from bamfcentral.com
222 from blue-elf.com
193 from dcboards.warnerbros.com
175 from superherohype.com
143 from yahoo.com
94 from..... marvel.com?! :o
84 from cat.devil.com
80 from X-Fan
51 from Lucy's blog

mostly google... but i was shocked by the marvel.com one i had no idea we had made the 'Marvel Buzz' sidebar thingy. that was the exact page it was coming from, was the 'Marvel Buzz'. what have we been saying worthy of that? huh. actually, it was probably this very thread.

the one from DC is from the Legion boards, and from Dave, so that's easy....

but i think it was yesterday. we were at 75 for marvel.com, but the second midnight hit (and the webalizer was updated for the day) marvels went to 94 so i think it was updated earlier today with new info, and if we had looked yesterday, nightscrawlers.com was on marvel.com.

btw we are getitng some hits tricking in from countingdown.com now. Rex, you've created a monster with this thread :p

8 from spawn.com? the hell...?

oooh! hits from comicscontinuum.com! hey, Evo Nighty got a new outfit. non-induced wearing street clothes. like, different clothes than he's worn before, i mean. he's got his shirt tucked into his underwear... *sigh* give the boy some fashipn tips, someone... that seems to be a running theme with non-comic Nightcrawler. bad fashion sense :p
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by jogurt »

I thing this is is a intresting statistic...I guess i came with bamfcentral link...dunnoanymore.
A really busy page...isnt?
Giving Bamfette a pat on the back
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Elwing »

222 from blue-elf.com

*does the happy happy dance quietly in a corner*:D
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Rex Luscus »

Oh geez, where on countingdown.com is this thread linked from?? Hey, that's a great site, actually ... I just had a look around. :)

I love all those 'Oh my god, is Alan Cumming gay???" threads. :) Gee guys, what was your first clue? And anyway, he isn't -- he's bisexual. Thank you, God! :D

-Rex
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

i dunno, i am looking, and some of these i can not find a link back to us, yet they are listed in the stats. i guess maybe someone from here just came to here after checking something on there. the ones in the list tho, have enough hits that several of them have to be genuine hits, and marvel.com's hits come from an imbedded page, so there is no way they can't be genuine hits

anyway, while searching i drifted away from my original intent and lookie what i found:

http://www.comics2film.com/DCG/DispArt. ... 372&f_ssn=

Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler photomanip. i am 99% sure that is NOT Cummings body but anyway.... DAMN!! :naughty:

this one not quite as good cuz he'd got a weird expresion on his face... but it is still Cumming as Nightcrawler :p

http://www.comics2film.com/DCG/DispArt. ... 824&f_ssn=

these ar both just fan manips... i just thought they were cool is all
Typhon24
Lubber
Lubber

Boo yah!

Post by Typhon24 »

Originally posted by Rex Luscus
Oh geez, where on countingdown.com is this thread linked from?? Hey, that's a great site, actually ... I just had a look around. :)
Yay! Always happy to see that people are enjoying the countdown. If you guys like it, I feel like I'm doing a good job. Shame ole' Kurt isn't on the teaser poster...what a missed opportunity! Not that I don't love the metal X (ok, so I don't love the metal X), but I would expect we'll be seeing Kurt on the final poster, whenever that pops up.

Oh and by the way - hope y'all don't mind...

:bamf:BAMF!:bamf:
X2 - The Evolution Continues!
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

I came here from the Bamfcentral site...As most seemed to have done...Marvel's got us linked? Uh-Oh...(This is bad for me)...

Teen Scrawlers #1
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Originally posted by Rex Luscus

I love all those 'Oh my god, is Alan Cumming gay???" threads. :) Gee guys, what was your first clue? And anyway, he isn't -- he's bisexual. Thank you, God! :D

-Rex
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those just kill me too!:rolleyes: What planet are these people from? And why does no one seem to understand what bi-sexual means? And I thought that I had been spending too much time under my rock.....

If a tenth of all of the rumoured scenes with Alan get into the film , there will be some very funny Nighty moments indeed!
Ive heard about entire scenes that would have us all going "That Is SO Nightcrawler!" I think that Alan will be a lot of fun if he is aloud to ad-lib a bit...he is a very funny man. And he should have quite a lot of time in the film, who would cast Cumming in a role only to not allow him to act? what a waste! Plus, I doubt that he comes cheaply...I think we will see a lot of him, and even if the focus IS on Wolvie, Alan is a better actor than Hugh...I will not be at all surprised if he steals the show.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Elwing »

Make that 99.99999999%, Bamfette....But nice montage. Oh, and keep tickling us pandora.....Grr. More mystery and I'll explode for sure.

I think you're right about the acting though. If they were concerned mostly about looks they would have hired someone else, younger, cheaper, prettier, more athletic, less whiny about prosthetics or whatever. But not that good an actor. Being a good actor is the only reason I can think of for hiring Allan Cumming. Now isn't that a comforting thought?
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Elwing »

Some of the fanart in that gallery is hysterical though. Be sure not to miss it!