Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

The teaser trailer for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is now online! Check it out here.

Personally, I think it looks neat (I love the Silver Surfer and the effects), but I didn't watch the first movie. From what I heard, it was a bust. Thoughts?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Well, while it had some differences from the comics, I thought that movie rocked. Some think it sucked but I disagree. Reed and Johnny got it goin' on!! And I love this trailer. Doesn't give any hints on the storyline but a great chase scene.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

In the trailer, it looks like the Silver Surfer is the new bad guy.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I doubt it. I hear Galactus is in it as well.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Both the Silver Surfer and Galactus are villains. After all, where there is the Silver Surfer, there is Galactus.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Actually, Galactus and the Silver Surfer are neither hero nor villain. But I think the Silver Surfer will be a neutral character in the beginning to become good in the end. Do you think it will be like the comic storyline where Galactus comes to eat Earth to be stopped by the SS and the F4?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, according to Fox, both Galactus and the Silver Surfer are central villains of this movie. So I doubt the Surfer will stop Galactus; he's his herald.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

But how can the Silver Surfer Rise if He and Galactus are villains? Could the F4 take down SS, then Galactus? Cuz I'd think if that were the case, both would fight the four and win easily. I don't think Fox would leave the Fantastic Four defeated, do you?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I don't think so either, so I'm going to watch the movie and see what happens.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

I'm a little worried. Most movie adverts contain short bursts of the coolest scenes from the movie.

...and since they have only one scene...

Logic dictates that this must be the coolest scene they have. Therefore the rest of the movie either isn't finished yet... or it just doesn't stand up against that chase scene.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

According to IMDB, principal photography completed on the 15th. So that could be the case; it could not. I'd like to think it's an aesthetic choice, but I would. It is only the teaser, however; I look forward to more trailers (usually at least two are produced -- the teaser and the theatrical trailer).
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Encourager Extraodinaire

Post by kamizzi »

I sooo need to see that movie!!! I saw a trailer yesterday and it was great :D
Hope, this part'll be as good as the teaser and a lot better than the first part :
:?