The rumor of X-men 4...

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Random
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Random »

It actually seems to be more than a rumor, after seeing this one topic in this forum, and my friends mention of five X-men movies discussed, i had to look deepr into it.

And pages like
http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/20 ... men_4.html

http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=529

http://www.digg.com/movies/Fox_Confirms_X-Men_4

And various others keep saying the same thing.
Yet on this forum, one person denies it in one topic, I failed to find controversial information to these articles though.

I guess it is up to each and everyone to decide on their own, but hope has never hurt anybody in this light matters. :)

Oh yeah, Hi all! I am new here, and a big Fan of blue and fuzzy things..
Do you Shuffle?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by HoodedMan »

Hope's great, but it's not going to happen. The first link you posted has already been posted and the headline is wrong. It's a simple case of the media getting confused when trying to squish their story content into a title; they're talking about a fourth X-Men movie.

There will be a fourth X-Men movie. There will in fact be many more than four X-Men movies. This fourth X-Men movie, and all the rest, however, will not be in the same series as X-Men, X2: X-Men United, and X-Men: The Last Stand. No movie will be called X4. X-Men: The Last Stand was the last movie of that particular trilogy.

Your third link is a copy of the first one. The second talks about the future of the franchise. There will be more X-Men movies. But there will be none in the same series as X-Men: The Last Stand. That movie is the last one in the series.

On a less hostile note, welcome to the forums! I hope you're not offended by me apparently shooting down your hope or your post; I've just heard so much hype about "X4" and I really want to avoid spreading false hope. It's getting ridiculous. I am very pleased that you at least posted your sources; thanks! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Bitsy »

I don't care how many more movies they make, as long as they include one of two things: the return of Nightcrawler and FINALLY, Gambit! Three whole movies and hardly a mention of him except for that one "cameo" in X2. WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR THE RAGIN' CAIJUN????
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by HoodedMan »

Oh, I think you'll find there's plenty of love for him on here. ;) *coughgetstheNachtwhistle*

No one can say whether either will return though. If Nightcrawler returns, it won't be as Alan Cumming. But then, it won't be in the same series so will it really matter? Let's just hope they pick someone good for both characters should they come back.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Random
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Random »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Hope's great, but it's not going to happen. The first link you posted has already been posted and the headline is wrong. It's a simple case of the media getting confused when trying to squish their story content into a title; they're talking about a fourth X-Men movie.

-clippety-

Your third link is a copy of the first one. The second talks about the future of the franchise. There will be more X-Men movies. But there will be none in the same series as X-Men: The Last Stand. That movie is the last one in the series.

On a less hostile note, welcome to the forums! I hope you're not offended by me apparently shooting down your hope or your post; I've just heard so much hype about "X4" and I really want to avoid spreading false hope. It's getting ridiculous. I am very pleased that you at least posted your sources; thanks! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
Well What comes to X-men movie IV, isn't it still X-men movie? As in, starring Wolvie, Xavier in new body or stuff, Colossus and such? If it is so, if it contains the X-men, i think it qualifies it to be the X-men 4 as it is fourth movie, even if it is with new storyline with sentinels, rogue going berserk, Ororo losing her powers, nightcrawler's teleportation in depth, and such possibilities, it is about X-men, maybe not titled as X4 or X-men 4, it will have word X-men in its name more than likely.

I don't know why it would not count as fouth X-men movie of X-men 4? There's three already, fouth is fourth, As long as it is about X-men.

Of course i named this whole X-men 4 X-men four as i did not know the future title of the movie, people didn't call the new Puniusher movie as Punisher 2 for obvous reasons, but X-men is X-men, only if there won't be any original actors in it, and old roles are recasted, old events and deaths are ignored, it'd be a separate line of X-men. And with of course comic suits of spandec and vacoom packed supertight costumes.

But I do not plan to argue, just stating my difference in the view of which makes "X4" the X4.

I am great X-men enthusiast, since my childhood it has given me great joy, the fact there are three movies made of it now is like manna from heavens. I loved them all, i accepted them as they were, expected nothing super fantastic, yet got that super fantastic.

The fact that series and characters dear to me are now even more popular, and even more known makes me happy.
Only minuses to me were the selfmutilation aspect in Kurt, lack of blue fur, and the hobo look he had in the movie (not so swashbuckler there ;_;) and the character who Acted as Kurt was not sexy enough in my opinion.

Kurt is a prettyboy, who can count to ten using all of his limbs, (eleven if tail is included) not an imp from old doom :P

If Kurt comes back, and it is not as Alan, I'll be likely just pleased. plus, Why kurt had no fuzzy skin? Budget cuts in the wrong end? Only involved will know that.

But yeah, I started rambling :P
Back on topic,

javascriptquote()
There will be a fourth X-Men movie. There will in fact be many more than four X-Men movies. This fourth X-Men movie, and all the rest, however, will not be in the same series as X-Men, X2: X-Men United, and X-Men: The Last Stand.

With same series, you refer to what? What changes besides storyline there will be to make fouth movie a completely different from the others?
Different villain won't really turn X-men to a Spider-Man in my eyes. To say "there won't be a "X4"" when there'll be X-men -insert some hollywood title here- is in a sense contradictory, if what people are referring to with it is just the chronological number of release. (in which sense I said it at least)

There will be movie, it is confirmed. So what should it be called before the title is released? if not Fourth?

(not trying to be smartass, just to avoid further confusion, I need to know the officially accepted reference)

And then, thank you for welcoming me :) I am glad to join this forum i just recently discovered in my search of nightcrawler sound and image reference for a little project of mine.

edit::: well that quote code worked well 9.9

[Edited on 4/10/06 by Random]
Do you Shuffle?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Random
Well What comes to X-men movie IV, isn't it still X-men movie? As in, starring Wolvie, Xavier in new body or stuff, Colossus and such? If it is so, if it contains the X-men, i think it qualifies it to be the X-men 4 as it is fourth movie, even if it is with new storyline with sentinels, rogue going berserk, Ororo losing her powers, nightcrawler's teleportation in depth, and such possibilities, it is about X-men, maybe not titled as X4 or X-men 4, it will have word X-men in its name more than likely.
Of course it'll be an X-Men movie. And it will be a fourth one as well, seeing as three have already been produced. Sure, it may "qualify" to be "the X-Men 4" as you say. But Fox will not call it that, nor will they call it X4. They don't want to cause the confusion that you seem to be having and of which I'm trying to prevent the spread. (Please note, my assumptions on Fox's titles are based on the premise that they're bright. They may not be and they've challenged that assumption in the past.)
people didn't call the new Puniusher movie as Punisher 2 for obvous reasons, but X-men is X-men
And not subject to the same rules of common sense? The same "obvious reasons" a new Punisher movie was not called Punisher 2 are the same reasons why the new X-Men movie will not in fact be called X-Men 4. They are not related to the existing movies in any way.

You're just arguing semantics, it seems to me. Fox will not give new movies a deliberately confusing name that implies they're in the same series or even the same universe as X-Men, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand. X-Men: The Last Stand was given that name for a reason. Fox gave it the tagline l'ultime chapitre de la trilogie (the ultimate chapter of the trilogy) for a reason. There will be no sequel.

The movies that have been confirmed, in fact, are not even choronologically following the events in that series. The characters are a lot younger and aren't the same characters as in the series, as the events in the series will not happen later in their life. You're familiar with this if you've read the multiple X-Men comics series.
With same series, you refer to what? What changes besides storyline there will be to make fouth movie a completely different from the others?
You don't think a completely different storyline is enough to differentiate the spinoffs from the series?
To say "there won't be a "X4"" when there'll be X-men -insert some hollywood title here- is in a sense contradictory, if what people are referring to with it is just the chronological number of release. (in which sense I said it at least)
Maybe you use that sense, and that's fine, but a great number of people do not. When they see headlines announcing confirmation of X4, or X-Men 4, or anything relating to X-Men ending in four, they think "sequel". They ask questions like, "They're going to revive ?" They're understandably confused and the answer is no. There will be no sequel.

On the other hand, when they see something like X-Men: Young Magneto, they do not think "sequel", or at least not most of them. Fox does not want them to think "sequel"; they want them to think, "fresh and new!" People may think "another X-Men movie" but they do not think "Young Magneto is X-Men 4!" Because in the usual sense it isn't.
There will be movie, it is confirmed. So what should it be called before the title is released? if not Fourth?

(not trying to be smartass, just to avoid further confusion, I need to know the officially accepted reference)
They're on working titles in the moment, as far as I know; no official title has been decided upon. I'll post some information on them a little later this week.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be mean to you here or shoot you down. I'm just trying to curb the spread of confusion that followed the announcements that Fox was going to continue to use the X-Men in future movies.

Of course they were; they made a lot of money and they want more. But they will not be producing sequels to the movies already produced, and the announcements of "X4!" and "X-Men 4!" tend to give people that impression.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

*ears perk* Did I hear the Nacht whistle??

And if we're talking Gambit we better bring Paws in here. She's the one who originated the Remylove here at Nightscrawlers...

And agreed. WHEN are they gonna do anything with him?? Come on!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

There are five Batman movies, 6th Is coming up.

Batman , Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman Begins and Dark Knight (aka. Batman Begins 2).

Now Batman and Batman Returns are chronological, Batman Forever doesnt follow these two.
Batman & Robin follows Batman Forever which are chronological.

Batman Begins shows how Batman started doing what he does, but again it has nothing to do with the first four movies. Dark Knight follows Batman Begins so these (again two) are chronological.

So in your case they all should be Batman 1, Batman 2, Batman 3, Batman 4, Batman 5 and Batman 6?

(if you dont see my point, or think im confusing. Sorry, it all made sense in finnish).

[Muokattu 6/10/0606 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
cockrumFANrick
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by cockrumFANrick »

X-Men 4 should be based on Cockrum's Giant Sized X-Men #1 and introduce new characters saving the old ones and a changing of the guard... and get rid of Magneto as the same villian, bring in ARCADE'S MURDERWORLD...
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja cockrumFANrick
X-Men 4 should be based on Cockrum's Giant Sized X-Men #1 and introduce new characters saving the old ones and a changing of the guard... and get rid of Magneto as the same villian, bring in ARCADE'S MURDERWORLD...
As already stated by Northstar there is no X-men 4 coming.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by HoodedMan »

Though I think we can assume in this case he meant the fourth X-Men movie since we've discussed the other. It's an interesting concept, cockrumFANrick. Though I do enjoy Giant X-Men #1 and a movie based off of it could be quite good, I'm not familiar with Arcade's Murderworld.
cockrumFANrick
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by cockrumFANrick »

Arcade's Murderworld is in Marvel Team Up #65 and #66 as well as The Uncanny X-Men #123-124 and Dave Cockrum's Uncanny X-Men issues, I think #146 which has a beautiful cover and maybe #145 and #147. Conan O'Brien would make a good Arcade if he were ever to do movie acting.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Arcade is so hokey. It's not really what they've been doing with the movies....they focus more on the struggles between mutants and humans and the most basic Xmen story, rather than all that craziness
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Saint Kurt »

Which is exactly why it's about time we had XMen movies about classic Marvel gems such as Arcade, Mojo, and The Crazy Gang! I mean really, who cares about the stuggles of serious guys like Wolverine and Magneto when we can have a band of evil clown vilians and a guy with a killer (and by that I mean deadly) amusement park?

Plus, the MurderWorld theme could tie in with the whole violent video game thing we've got going on now... (oh wait, that almost sounded like it was serious.)

Perhaps #4 should make a clean break by showcasing the true ridiculousness that the XMen have been capable over the years.

XMen:The Revenge of the Shi'ar anyone?

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Nandireya »

They could use a ghoulish, Mister Sinister-like scientist harvesting mutants and creating his own…or offering phenomenal cosmic powers to everyone at a phenomenal cosmic price :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
cockrumFANrick
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by cockrumFANrick »

Yes, the X-Movies are a bit tired with the same theme of prejudices in society and alienation. They should go back to some of the fun times and make a movie that's like Spider-Man, nice, bright, energetic and high energy and action packed. Arcade can be crazy like Bullseye or the Joker in the movies, and not necessarily campy like the comic books. Or maybe SAVAGE LAND !!! (...and bring in sexy SHEENA Tanya Roberts!)
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Thank you

Post by Panz »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
There are five Batman movies, 6th Is coming up.

Batman , Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman Begins and Dark Knight (aka. Batman Begins 2).

Now Batman and Batman Returns are chronological, Batman Forever doesnt follow these two.
Batman & Robin follows Batman Forever which are chronological.

Batman Begins shows how Batman started doing what he does, but again it has nothing to do with the first four movies. Dark Knight follows Batman Begins so these (again two) are chronological.

So in your case they all should be Batman 1, Batman 2, Batman 3, Batman 4, Batman 5 and Batman 6?

(if you dont see my point, or think im confusing. Sorry, it all made sense in finnish).

[Muokattu 6/10/0606 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]

I LOVED "Batman begins" I was sure that there kind of had to be a sequel, but I hadn't seen anything about it, Been out of the loop dealing with mundanity and the real world for a while now.

I've heard a lot about a Wolverine movie spin off and am still hoping that they do more with the x-men, but the theme IS getting a bit tired. I can see it as an end to this story arc, that makes a bit of sense, I think that the ending need a lot of work and wish they had made it a bit more logical, but hey, there were truly good scenes in it and it was kind of a fun flick, if you don't take it too seriously.

[Edited on 6-11-2006 by Panz]
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Jolinare
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Jolinare »

Originally posted by Bitsy
I don't care how many more movies they make, as long as they include one of two things: the return of Nightcrawler and FINALLY, Gambit! Three whole movies and hardly a mention of him except for that one "cameo" in X2. WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR THE RAGIN' CAIJUN????
yes, i want nightcrawler, ich brauchen Nightcrawler, click click bloody click nightcrawler!

ahem. i don't want the freaking origin stories of magneto and wolverine because they only involve one or two x men! i want all of the xmen, specifically the man in blue himself. otherwise i shall cry. and it shall be an even greater scandal than angel getting sidelined.
j
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Originally posted by Jolinare
Originally posted by Bitsy
yes, i want nightcrawler, ich brauchen Nightcrawler, click click bloody click nightcrawler!

ahem. i don't want the freaking origin stories of magneto and wolverine because they only involve one or two x men! i want all of the xmen, specifically the man in blue himself. otherwise i shall cry. and it shall be an even greater scandal than angel getting sidelined.
Completely agreed. (especially click click bloody click Nightcrawler, that's funny). Magneto Origin would be retarded, but I'd watch Wolvie. Nightcrawler Origins!! In X4, We need way more Angel, plus Gambit, Bishop, and Psylocke. Extra villains: Blob, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch. That would be an awesome movie.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by steyn »

A good old fashioned Excalibur movie, that's what we all need.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Original Excalibur or newer (with colossus and such)?
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
pignut
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by pignut »

Originally posted by Saint Kurt
Which is exactly why it's about time we had XMen movies about classic Marvel gems such as Arcade, Mojo, and The Crazy Gang! I mean really, who cares about the stuggles of serious guys like Wolverine and Magneto when we can have a band of evil clown vilians and a guy with a killer (and by that I mean deadly) amusement park?

Plus, the MurderWorld theme could tie in with the whole violent video game thing we've got going on now... (oh wait, that almost sounded like it was serious.)

Perhaps #4 should make a clean break by showcasing the true ridiculousness that the XMen have been capable over the years."
Thank you. X men has been getting far too serious, and Wolverine needs to come down off his pedestal. The first Xmen comic I ever read was the one set in "Oirland" with black Tom, Juggy and lots of leprechauns. I remember thinking at the age of 5 that it was the silliest thing I ever read, but strangely I was hooked.

I want Dazzler in all her disco Diva glory. I want "Jason Wynegard", in his wide lapelled corduroy suit, platform soles and enormous sideburns, and every female in the movie must remark that he is the sexiest and best dressed hunk they have ever seen.

If the makers of Jason King and Barbarella don't sue for plagiarism, it will be disappointed. Also that story where Mesmero hypnotises them all and they join a travelling circus would be a great short intro.
XMen:The Revenge of the Shi'ar anyone?
definately
Jenni
Lubber
Lubber

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by Jenni »

Originally posted by Bamfing_Bob
Original Excalibur or newer (with colossus and such)?
Oh definetly old crowd! Nighty, Kitty, Captain Brittain, Megan and the Fantastic Rachel Summers!

Bout time we had a good ENGLISH superhero! I mean, they made bloody PSYLOCKE American!

She was x3, they just majorly @(*&ed her up! And then killed her off. She was the one with the funny hairstyle.

Sorry. I have issues with X3.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

The rumor of X-men 4...

Post by littlebamf »

I don't know, I'd go half old Excalibur and half new as I would totally love to see Pete Wisdom in it.

And I still refuse to agree that that was Psylocke. There was nothing beyond partially purple hair in the film to support that it was her.

And yeah, we need a good English superhero! Maybe Spitfire or Union Jack and go all oldschool with it!