New X-Men Movies - Questioning Thread

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

http://tinyurl.com/lultu

sweet!

Edit : for those not wanting to click the link ill paste!

BANG) - A fourth 'X-Men' movie is in the works.

The new comic-book film is definitely set to go ahead, even though wage negotiations with some of the A-list cast are reportedly causing major headaches for bosses.

Executive producer Lauren Shuler Donner said: "The newer cast members are signed, and the older cast members are not."

Oscar winner Halle Berry - who played mutant Storm in the three previous 'X-Men' films - recently revealed she would like to be involved in a fourth movie.

She told BANG Showbiz: "I would do it as long as I could. I've got some projects now that should keep me busy for the next two or three years if I'm lucky.

"It's a franchise that I love and a character that I love and now that I have a voice in the movie I really love it. If another great 'X-Men' film came along I could probably change my plans."

Executive producer Donner has also confirmed that two spin-off projects from the highly successful comic book franchise are on schedule.

She explained: "Next, we're going to do 'Wolverine', but not before the end of the year as Hugh Jackman is working on a Baz Luhrmann film at the moment. We have the script and are working on it.

"We also have 'Young Magneto' in development."

(C) BANG Media International

But what do you guys think? Do you think it's just another one of those sites that're sayin things to get us all hyped up? :?

Edited: To remove misleading title. Please see below.

[Edited on 15/8/2006 by HoodedMan]
"It's one o'clock bub! Time ta get yer face ripped off!"--Logan
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

This is another example of the media getting very confused. The title of that article is misleading, and so then was the title of your post. It has been edited.

There will be a fourth X-Men movie; there will indeed be many more than four, seeing how many spinoffs have been confirmed. However, there will not be an X4 (read: a movie that is the sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand). That particular series is over.

I would, however, also like to know what people think about the confirmed spinoffs, yes. Thoughts?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

I think those spinoffs will be quite interestiing. :nodyes
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I think everyone could expect the Wolverine one, but Young Magneto? I'm quite looking forward to that. I'm interested as to who they would cast. I always thought Sir Ian McKellan was perfect for adult Magneto; he's always been a perfect villain. Very dark.

But who could depict the horrors of his early life well enough while still giving off hints of the creepy adult one? I don't know actors well enough to speculate.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Superherohype also had that article, so I'm thinking it's the real thing.. and since they are referring to this movie as 'X-Men 4', I'd think it'd be in the same series as the trilogy.. though a Gen X film would still be good;)

In regard to Magneto, they could always de-age Ian like they did for X3 (that's the only way I'd want it, actually)
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Superherohype also had that article, so I'm thinking it's the real thing.. and since they are referring to this movie as 'X-Men 4', I'd think it'd be in the same series as the trilogy.. though a Gen X film would still be good;)
Well, the media is. But you'll notice Fox isn't, because they know the series is over. They've announced that there will be no sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand; it was the "final chapter to the ultimate trilogy" and so forth. You can't add something to the same "series" as a trilogy.

But yeah, I think de-aging Ian would work rather well. I forgot they did that in X-Men. The only question is whether Ian would be willing to do it, and I think he would; he seems to like his role and the X-Men.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I would go to see Wolverine, sure. But a Young Magneto spinoff? Abso-freakin'-lutely! Just a question, though. How young are they going to start with his story?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Probably right after the end of WW2
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Probably so, but with flashbacks too. His treatment in WW2 is important.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

In the first film, they said Charles and Magneto met at the age of 19, so maybe the first half of the movie will be a young actor, and the second will be de-aged Ian.. I wonder if the movie will answer the age-old question of, "Does movie Magneto have kids??".. at least the question I always wondered..
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Well, Wanda and Pietro's names did pop up, but the could not be his kids :shrug
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

It'd be interesting to see Wanda and Pietro hit the big screen with thier father. I'd like to see how they animate Pietro running about, and to see Wanda hexing! Things are going to escalate!