Wolverine Wannabe Goes to Jail

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

X-Men 'pretender' gets more jail
Saturday, June 03, 2006
THE BAY CITY TIMES via Saginaw News

VASSAR -- Michael C. Terry may have wanted to fight like Wolverine, but police said his "claws" were kitchen forks, not the unbreakable metal brandished by Hugh Jackman's character in "X-Men" movies.

Tuscola County Circuit Judge Patrick R. Joslyn ordered the 18-year-old Terry to spend 90 days in jail, with credit for 80 days, when sentencing him for assault with a dangerous weapon.

A Tuscola County Jail spokesman said Terry won't spend any more time in jail because of good behavior.

"Initially this complaint began as a result of (Terry) playing or pretending to play X-Men," said Jill L. Schmidt, Terry's Sebewaing lawyer.

Ryan J. Laleman, a worker in Terry's Pioneer Work & Learn Center cabin March 11, didn't think he was kidding when Laleman saw the Highland Park teenager wearing a pair of Jersey gloves with forks protruding through them, a police report reads.

Laleman said that the day before donning the metal claws, Terry had choked a 17-year-old fellow resident during an argument.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

What an idiot, but then again I've been running into walls trying to dupe myself ;)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Wouldn't you think he was being charged with choking his 'fellow'? At least he decided against the knives on his gloves.. :LOL
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I LMAO at this. FORKS?? Oooooh...that would look COOL! :rolleyes

Its people like him that give fans a weird name. Because when you say "I am going to comic con and am going to dress up as so and so." they think "fork guy."

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Kitchen forks? Everyone knows sporks are far more deadly....pfft, some some people.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Maybe he's created his own hybrid of Wolverine and the Blue Rajah, which begs this question: just what the fork was he thinking? :evil
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

If the Blue Raja and Mr. Furious were to merge into one unstoppable force, it'd be that kid :LOL
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Blue Raja had to look that up. But, I'll bet he taped the tines to the gloves, though the handles wouldn't have looked too dangerous I would think.

The article doesn't really say why he was arrested - for assaulting someone I can understand - but if he was just running around shouting threats - it's not really clear.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by chicory
The article doesn't really say why he was arrested...
For being an idiot in a public place?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I don't know whats stupider, that he did tihs, or that he used FORKS when butter knives are in the same drawer and give a WAY more authentic look to it...

On a side note, I just heard on the radio that a recent poll put Wolverine at the top of peoples favorite fictional characters, right above Harry Potter at #2 and Spiderman at #3....this bodes well for a Wolverine movie (hopefully costarring GAMBIT)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Yep. A poll by Entertainment Weekly ranked Wolverine as the #1 fictional power player. Following Wolverine, in order, are Harry Potter, Spider-Man, Shrek, Robert Langdon (the main character of "The Da Vinci Code"), Jason Bourne ("The Bourne Identity" and "The Bourne Supremacy"), James Bond, Jigsaw (the villain of the "Saw" horror films), Bart Simpson and Madea (Tyler Perry's trash-talking grandmother).

Also, Tim Stack wrote, "Wolverine is our pick for Hollywood's top character based on a devoted, built-in audience and early excitement over his planned solo flick, which could be out as soon as 2008." There goes my announcement of that confirmed spinoff. But there you go.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
x___bamf!
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x___bamf! »

HAHA! Forks! Oh man, I wish I had of seen it. :LOL