MESSAGE TO ALL MOVIEGOERS!!! (If you haven't already heard)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

Seeing The Last Stand this weekend? I have an important tip.

May 26, 2006 - You're planning to see X-Men: The Last Stand this weekend, right? I expect most of you are. That being the case, I now ask you to do one important thing. If you're an X-Men fan, you'll regret it if you don't! At the theater this weekend, when the credits roll, when the audiences begins to filter out of the exits... keep your seat. And then, perhaps, share this little secret with a few of your friends: the movie isn't over.;)

I don't want to spoil anything for you,:whistle but I want you to know that the scene that follows isn't your typical post-credits tack-on. It's a coda for one of the main characters. The scene is maybe 30 seconds in length, but it's enough. And it will surely be one of the more talked moments in the fan community.

Think you know what this scene is? Guess all you want, but chances are that you won't see it coming.

Major mutant war happens this Friday! Wolverine:wolvie yells, "Hold the line!" - that stand's not easy. All you have to do is hold on through the end credits - that's much easier. You don't want miss the coda!

DANG I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!! GOD SPEED UP TIME!! :worship
"It's one o'clock bub! Time ta get yer face ripped off!"--Logan
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Thanks, wsg! Good tip; I knew about it but hadn't posted it yet. It is (already) a much talked-about moment in the fan community but hopefully it won't be here for a few days.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

U R welcome peeps! :D
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Seriously people, stay in the cinema!!! Me and my pals did because we are lazy, plus one had heard about some sort of short film - no short, but really do keep your seats!!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually starting to get excited about this now, and we're planning on seeing it tomorrow night as soon as we get off work.
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

Great peeps! Hope you have a great time and that this helped!!:nodyes
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

But I'm not going to see it...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

But other people are...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Oh I disliked waiting till the very end. Plus the curtains were already winding before the scene was done.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but I will say that it was well worth the wait and it got me so excited.. thanks for the tip, wsg
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

Sure thing guys! I haven't seen it yet (going to see it tomorrow) but I already know what the end scene is! I can't wait!!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
But other people are...
I realise that...but as no one's spoiling I'm never gonna know what anyone's talking about...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Cerise
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cerise »

Ohhh man! I just saw it tonight! ( it SUCKED, imo.) Now I'll never know what happens. It miust have to do with Nightcrawler, huh? :(:(:( Someone could...PM it to me if they wanted. >_>
:bamf I have spoken!!:bamf

http://www.tvguide.com/movies/dbpix/images/34281a.jpg I love Edward!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Nope had nothing to do with Nightcrawler(I hope he got cured :shifty) and the movie didn't suck of course I had my favorite character in it ;)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I didn't think it sucked, it was just ... busy. Busy, busy, fighty, but it had some really good bits.

It was funny at the theater, 90 percent of the people piled out and the ones who stayed were all eyeballing each other to see if they really knew to stay or if they were just hanging out. I will say the coda made the ethics lesson make more sense. ;)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

There were only like ten of us waiting for the end of the credits and with each passing second I was thinking, "Is there even gonna be a clip or am I just making an ass of myself", but I'm happy with the scene.. I agree with you Slarti, the movie was way too rushed.. they should've made the movie at least ten minutes longer in order to get even a little bit into the characters heads (I'm not even sure if anyone else knew who Colossus and Kitty were)..
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Well, I already saw the movie and I had to pee like a racehorse on an all-tea diet about 30 minutes before it was over. Needless to say, I ran out of the theater right as the credits began to roll.

Someone wanna spoil this for me? I probably wont be seeing it again until it's on DVD.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

LOL!! I know what you mean...I made my whole group sit there while everyone left except for the fellow geeks that laughted at [spoiler] the "don't you know who I am! I'm the juggernaut bitch!" [/spoiler]

OK - so without further ado here is what happened: [spoiler] You remember the brief "moral" clip with moria that xavier showed the students with the unconcious man? At the end it had the persepective of someone laying down in bed looking up at Moria and saying "hello moria." in xaviers voice. So dahdahdahdah - he switched his conciousness and is still alive and kicking. Kinda. [/spoiler]

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Completely unrelated to X3 but, all-tea diet???

Ack! :shakeno
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

When I saw it on Thursday night, I needed a pee after the credits as I'd had a jumbo sized coke...thankfully the ladies loos were next to the scren we were in, so I was able to be in and out in time to see the final scene...
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I made sure everyone I was with knew there was something after the credits beforehand, cause I had no intention on missing it :P
torrid_Jade
Lubber
Lubber

Post by torrid_Jade »

After reading the spoilers I'm not to suprised now...not that things at the end of credits is anything new. Anyway, I feel the whole X-Men: The Last Stand was canon fodder. Normally I'm not one to bash my favorite characters, but Archlight, Quill, and Psylocke were the Omega mutant three stooges. Callisto...thank you storm is all I can say...thank you! :D

[Edited on 30/5/06 by torrid_Jade]
ShadowGirl
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ShadowGirl »

I never saw that scene at the end of the movie after the credits....i think i missed it...oh well. I liked the movie anyway! :)