X3: Seven-Minute Preview

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

FOX just aired the much-anticipated seven-minute preview at 8:30 EST. The good news? No spoilers. Or at least, not a lot for those who weren't looking. The bad news? The showed the whole damn Angel scene. You know which scene I mean, the climax of which is shown in every damn trailer. I was really looking forward to being surprised by it in theatres; I knew what was going to happen but I wanted to see it.

I'm going to upload multiple videos shortly, optimized for dial-up, broadband, etc. One note: They, unfortunately, have a ticker at the bottom for the last :45 or so; there was a tornado watch in my area and they decided to remind us in case we didn't know. I stopped jumping up and down and yelled several unprintable words at the screen, in three languages. But I'm done now.

I'm not sure of this preview's legality, but in view of its low quality and the maintaining of the FOX logo, I claim this video as fair use; I don't believe FOX shall ask us to take it down. But if they do, we will.

Edit: Shortly means in the morning. I've had a long day, and I'm trying to cut down on the No-Doz.

[Edited on 19/7/2006 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

It's already up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCTVCgCz ... ch=X%7EMEN

I wouldn't watch it if you don't want too many spoilers.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

The videos I've uploaded are better quality than YouTube and can be saved. I actually didn't consider the preview to be overly spoilerish; again, unless you were watching for it. I also don't consider the spoilers important; that is, in the grand scheme of things, there are still much more surprises awaiting viewers of X3.... but I still hate that they aired the Angel scene.

Seven-Minute Preview:
  • Dialup (45kbps) - 2.15 MB
  • ISDN (55kbps) - 2.65 MB
  • Broadband (158kbps) - 7.95 MB
  • Broadband (358kbps) - 18.0 MB
Note: These videos have been removed as links as of 18 July 2006; however, they are still available should anyone request them of me. Thank you.

Please only click the movie most optimised for your download speed, in order to ensure best performance for you and for others. I also have a best-quality version which I can send to anyone who requests it.

Thank you,
-Northstar

[Edited on 19/7/2006 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

http://thelaststand.dell.com.edgesuite. ... large.html

and again : ) promotional tie in in some way...
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

From where I'm at, that video won't load and direct links to the movie are very slow/won't save. We'll have less load on Nightscrawlers.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

yeah a very slow video, took a while for it to fully play on my computer as well. Not sure if it is getting slammed with hits or what.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I think it most likely is, seeing as it's all over the web; sites like superherohype and thexverse had it posted minutes after the preview, saying that it would be uploaded at midnight.