Question

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bright_Eyes_Of_Gold
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by Bright_Eyes_Of_Gold »

Ok, ya know the part of X 2 when Storm & Jean go to the church to look for Kurt and hes teleporting around and shouting at them in german (i think)...well does anyone know what he's actualy saying? The first part sounds like he's yelling get out but the rest i have no idea. Anyone?:

[Edited on 4/5/06 by Bright_Eyes_Of_Gold]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Question

Post by HoodedMan »

If you'd have searched, you'd have found the answer here.

Short Version:

Gehen Sie raus! = Get out!
Ich bin der Bote des Teufels. = I am the messenger of the Devil.
Ich bin die Ausgeburt des Bösen. = I am born out of Evil.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bright_Eyes_Of_Gold
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by Bright_Eyes_Of_Gold »

Oh right....heh thanks :)
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Question

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by HoodedMan

Gehen Sie raus! = Get out!
Ich bin der Bote des Teufels. = I am the messenger of the Devil.
Ich bin die Ausgeburt des Bösen. = I am born out of Evil.
Thanks Northstar! I knew about the Get out! but I was completely unaware he was also saying he was a creature of darkness to scare them away!

:wave Hey Bright_Eyes_Of_Gold! Welcome to Nightscrawlers! :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Nidi
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by Nidi »

it's so cute hearing Kurt speaking German :love

[Bearbeitet am 22/5/06 von Nidi]
+.+ mata haru ni aimashô +.+

owned by: Haru, Chô und Miko (CP El, Shiwoo und Woori)
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Question

Post by wsg »

Yes Kurt is a cutie!!
"It's one o'clock bub! Time ta get yer face ripped off!"--Logan
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Question

Post by Nightwind »

I agree with you both completely!!! :love:D
Perrolobo
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by Perrolobo »

Very good what so that says, I had not understood because it was in German, thanks to translate
Painajainen__
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by Painajainen__ »

Yes, Kurt is the cutiest thing in the world!!:love
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by psychonaut »

That answers my question too!
You have to wonder why he spoke German to them knowing he was in Boston... unless he was still a little screwed up from Sryker's injection (probably).

I always wondered why Storm chose to break the wooden beam with LIGHTNING (wouldn't that electrocute a person standing on top of it?)... why not just make a strong gust to blow him off if she knew Jean would catch him? And also, why didn't Kurt teleport his blue fanny out of there when the beam exploded? I know he wasn't expecting it, but you'd think he would have done it instinctively. I guess for the purposes of the movie they made him panic and forget.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Question

Post by HoodedMan »

I think he spoke German: 1.) because he was trying to scare them, and 2.) because it was his native language. He could have been screwed up, but I doubt it would be because of the injection. I think he was in a distressed state of mind following what he did, certainly, thus his words and the feelings he expresses.

And I don't think I could answer as to Storm's motives, but a lightning bolt hitting a wooden beam would not electrocute someone on the beam, as wood is a poor conductor. The little current that would have flowed through Kurt would not have affected him, as he had both feet on the beam and thus closed the circuit (like birds on an electric wire).

Someone who knows canon better than I can certainly correct me, but I believe a psychokinetic (especially one as strong as Jean) can hold Kurt in one place and not allow him to teleport. This is supported by Kurt's line, "She's not letting me," when he is asked to rescue Jean from Alkali Lake.

Incidentally, welcome to the boards, psychonaut! I hope you enjoy your stay. Thanks for asking questions like you are; it helps to get them answered for everyone else who didn't post them.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
TheFuzzyFan27
Lubber
Lubber

Question

Post by TheFuzzyFan27 »

i know a website called http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate and you can translate German to English, or English to German!:D;)
"Kitty: Ewww! Professor!! Kurt is like totally getting fur in the pool!!
Kurt: I am NOT!" :D