X3: DO NOT read the spoilers!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I originally planned to write up a comprehensive list of spoilers for you all, because personally I can watch a movie even if I know some of the things that are going to happen. Some things in X3 I already knew. Some are really exciting, some are really surprising, some are really shocking.

But when I started researching, I discovered so much has been leaked and so much is out there... now I basically know every single thing that's going to happen and the entirety of the plot. For example, I wanted to answer a question posed to me concerning Angel; it turns out the answer is in the first scene of the movie, which is crafted for major shock value.

It would have shocked me. It still may shock me though not as much, since I'm a very visual person; I may still be shocked by the scene. But now I know the answer and I wish I didn't; I wish it had been a surprise. I've hit my limit in spoilers even for me.

So even though I have the answers, I decided not to post them, and please don't ask me to post them. Please don't research (Google) them for yourself if you want to enjoy the movie at all. It's just a fair warning. If you really, really want a question answered, you can U2U me and I'll probably answer it, though don't complain if it ruins it for you.

Damn, spoilers suck, don't they? ...

[Edited on 4/5/2006 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Note: Spoilers are going to start turning up in earnest, as screenings have begun. Also, due to the release date being as early as the 24th in many countries, there are going to be HUGE spoilers from that date. I recommend you do what I do and avoid looking for X3 info before the 26th (the 28th, in my case, because that's when I'm seeing it.)

I will do my best to ensure this forum, however, remains mega-spoiler free.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Yeah, just had a chance to read the end spoiler which some smart new member of this forum posted to the "your favorite x-men writer" topic so. Im not going to see it, just because yes, i know the ending.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

that's quite a shame.. I hate spoilers oh-so much.. I already knew most of the "shocking" secrets thanks to SHH! I vow that I will remain spoiler-free for Spiderman 3 and the other X-Spinoffs
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

It was good. More or less a summer action popcorn flick. Didn't have the heart the first two did. However it was a decent attempt and is doing well at the box office thus far.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I have to say, it did have some holes and bad moments, but all the good moments more than made up for it. But more than anything, READ THE BOOK. It makes up for everything in the whole series, it's that well-written. I just got it this morning and have read it thrice; it's fantastic.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Does it mention the events of the game? I just don't have the time to get through that sucker...well...I've only played it for about an hour...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, I wouldn't know because I haven't played the game. Did Cyclops go, "Where's Nightcrawler?" and Storm answer, "You'll find out if you buy X-Men: The Official Game, available at your local Best Buy for only $39.99"? No.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I was only asking if they mentioned him...Storm and Colossus go on a mission with him and Wolverine in it...jeez...no need to be such a prickly pear...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Nightcrawler is not mentioned in X3.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

But during the big fight at the end one of the Morlock people kinda bamfed like he did. So not mentioned or anything, but his teleport effect was in the movie.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Northstar
which is kind of annyoing considering that people took the "nc in x-3 as computer generated" as fact.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I wasn't really sure where to put this...but if any Aussie boarders are interested, Birch, Carroll and Coyle/Greater Union cinemas are screening the X-Men movie trilogy at selected cinemas on the upcoming Queen's Birthday long weekend...commencing 11:00 PM Sunday June 11th...

Perrolobo
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Perrolobo »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
If, that I bother much, I wanted q I appeared!
SamKarns
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by SamKarns »

Does anyone know what Patty Cockrum thought about the film? How is Dave by the way?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

You could probably ask them in Cockrum Corner; they'd be more likely to respond there.

Edit: Never mind, you already did.

[Edited on 1/6/2006 by HoodedMan]