Damn hot pic of Kurt

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Right, and in the Prequel comic, he's in great shape as well! He's doing somersaults in the air and all sorts of circusy tricks.

So what happened? He get depressed and stryker left him one-on-one with the cookie jar?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Jeremus »

Maybe he had an allergic reaction to the drug Stryker injected him with. Maybe if they'd just given him a Benadryl the swelling would have gone down and his abs would have resurfaced.:D
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Nandireya »

You know...I actually had a dream last night that I was on the set when they were filming the opening scene of X2...and it looked so lame with them just flinging Alan around on wires...which it probably did...

He actually did work out for the part...mostly to strengthen his body for the wirework...but it didn't show, did it?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by steyn »

nope, not at all.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe if we compared his X2 body to his before X2 body we might notice something...but I don't think I want to do that...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Nandireya wrote:You know...I actually had a dream last night that I was on the set when they were filming the opening scene of X2...and it looked so lame with them just flinging Alan around on wires...which it probably did...

He actually did work out for the part...mostly to strengthen his body for the wirework...but it didn't show, did it?
Haha yes. Join us in snarkitude!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Nandireya »

I'm Australian...snark is what we do :D

I've got nothing against Mr Cumming...his portrayal was fine...it just wasn't my idea of what Nightcrawler should be (kickarse opening scene aside)...it was Bryan Singer's idea of what Nightcrawler should be.

My favourite non-comic version of Kurt thus far is the Wolverine and the X-Men one...they seem to have gotten the balance right. He kicks butt, is charming as hell (you'll notice Wanda didn't fall for Gambit's charms...only Kurt's :)), has a wonderful mischievousness to him and though there isn't a prayer book in sight, he's still very thoughtful and caring over others...

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Slarti »

Researching his pre-X2 body wouldn't even be all that hard considering he seems to have a propensity for running around in the buff.

I rented Titus after he was cast as Nightcrawler since it was all Blockbuster had and.... yeah.

:yech
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Nandireya »

He keeps his clothes on in Spy Kids...and Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion...and Josie and the Pussycats. Titus I saw on Pay TV...well some of it...it was pretty disturbing...what with the pie and all...

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by love_of_bob »

Nandireya wrote:My favourite non-comic version of Kurt thus far is the Wolverine and the X-Men one...they seem to have gotten the balance right. He kicks butt, is charming as hell (you'll notice Wanda didn't fall for Gambit's charms...only Kurt's :)),
Because Wanda has brains and self-respect. God, I love WATXM Kurt/Wanda.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Slarti wrote:
I rented Titus after he was cast as Nightcrawler since it was all Blockbuster had and.... yeah.

:yech
Nandireya wrote:
Titus I saw on Pay TV...well some of it...it was pretty disturbing...what with the pie and all...
I saw it on TV once
I'd like a piece of that pie. :LOL
Kind of reminds of the "Cartman pays back" episode with the chili. (South Park)

Anyways, I saw him in Golden Eye and he looked like a nerdish 30-year old. Then I saw him in Titus and he looked pretty much the same, but then I saw him in X-2 and he looked like a 30-year old something with the body of 50 year old janitor.

[Edited on 10/5/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Croc you speak for many. And your words are both elegant and accurate. Choice opinion sir, 2 :thumbup
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:Alan Cumming is gay. So ha.
Actually, he's bisexual. ;)
steyn wrote:But Cumming is neither thin nor tall.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I ment more scrawny, not so much thin. And again you are right, he's not too tall either, but I guess I don't really care so much about the height.

I suppose what I ment is that I'd prefer a guy with not much of a body, so I can pay more attention to the face. I mean, when I'm talking to a guy, I'm looking at his eyes, right? I'd take a pair of beautiful eyes to a six-pack any day.

[Edited on 13/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

When I'm with a guy, I don't want to spend ALL my time talking. Jeez. A sixpack (or even just average amounts of muscle development) can be very nice.

I found Alan repulsive before I really noticed or cared about any of that stuff though so ymmv.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by steyn »

Gimme someone with a deep red veined eye, a pitch black patch over the other eye and a great big bushy beard Yarrr! Peglegs is optional.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Jeremus »

I wish he'd been more.....athletic....,but I did like Alan Cumming in the movie. He definitely wasn't everything the character was in the comics, but he was likeable and for people who'd never read an Xmen comic, he was sympathetic and really brought home the idea of 'don't judge a book by its cover'.....especially when in the beginning he was set up to look like the bad guy (because before, the only mutants that were "different/ugly/abnormal-looking" were the bad guys and the beautiful mutants were the good guys). So if no one knew about Nightcrawler going into the movie and had seen X1, they'd assume that here's another ugly evil mutant ready to take down the good guys.....and it wasn't so.
So flabby bod aside, I think Cumming did a good overall job of playing Nightcrawler (in the alternate movie reality) and got pretty good reviews and introduced a lot of new fans to the Xmen and comic-Nightcrawler. I was really looking forward to him being in X3 and was really disappointed when he wasn't.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by steyn »

Yeah, they explained what happened to him in the X2 game
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by OctoberHoliday »

steyn wrote:Yeah, they explained what happened to him in the X2 game
Really? I always thought the whole Nightcrawler absence went through without an explanation. They didn't even mention it in X3 (which really bugged me).

What did the game say happened to him? I'd check the game out myself, but my game store is sadly very deprived.

[Edited on 15/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by neling4 »

He said the life of an X-Man was too violent for him.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by OctoberHoliday »

neling4 wrote:He said the life of an X-Man was too violent for him.
Oh, thats nice then. I suppose that that would fit more into his movie portrayal than the comic one, huh? I like that.

Thanks, neling.:)

So, anyway, everyone here seems fine with the opening scene of X2 up to a point, but not so much with the rest of it. Why is that?

[Edited on 17/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Roxanne_Selkina_Raven
Lubber
Lubber

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Roxanne_Selkina_Raven »

I like this picture. Any picture of Kurt is hot to me, regardless if it's from the comics or movie.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

OctoberHoliday wrote: So, anyway, everyone here seems fine with the opening scene of X2 up to a point, but not so much with the rest of it. Why is that?
Because after that scene two things happened. 1. We got a good look at him and 2. he opened his mouth. It's all downhill from here!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Nandireya »

"Blah, blah, blah, God, blah, blah, blah, faith, blah, blah, blah, something about the circus..."

He wasn't the well rounded Nighty we all know and love.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Nandireya wrote: He wasn't the well rounded Nighty we all know and love.
At the time I thought the movie Nightcrawler was cool.
Hence, join date 2003.
Now I know better. ;)
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Damn hot pic of Kurt

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Oh, come on. I still love him to bits, movie or not. He was presicely what the X2 movie needed, and even though he was far different in the comics, he's still a great character on his own.