X3 Set Visit Mentions Nightcrawler

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Stoffelees
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Stoffelees »

Hello, I just signed up tonight, but I've been slinking about these forums for the past two years. I frequently visit another site that updates on super hero movies (I'm not sure if I can mention it or if I'll get in trouble). I saw that they had mentioned Nightcrawler and immediately 'ported over here to see what had been said about it. To my shock there was nothing.

I know it may not seem like much, but for some reason it really sparked my interest and perhaps even got my hopes up. Here's the quote:

"Q: Nightcrawler's not back, do you address that?

Gorder: No we don't, and it's not really necessary in the story that we have. We would have liked to have had Nightcrawler back but, there's certain trade -offs that you take with a story, and Nightcrawler's an expensive character, prosthetic makeup wise, and also visual effects wise and so if you're going to have a character like Nightcrawler, you want to have a story arc that justifies that expense. And you also want to make the actor happy that he has a significant role to don the makeup and the effects, and do the stunt work and that sort of thing. So we just had so many other characters that we wanted to try to get in and introduce, that were new, that we will probably leave that open and bring him back in some other sequel."

So, I'll now end my post in saying that I'm glad I finally signed up and I hope to find my place among the Nightcrawler fans here.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

So basically they weren't going to feature Kurt at all, then figured out it was kind of pointless to dress him up and pay the actor then. Gotcha. :/

Welcome to the boards, Stoffelees!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Stoffelees
"...we will probably leave that open and bring him back in some other sequel."
Um...haven't they gone on record saying this will be the last X-Men movie? Or are they planning on bringing him into one of the spin-offs? Can't see him in the Magneto one (unless they do something about Mystique's backstory in it) or the kiddie academy one (unless he's a teacher), which leaves the Wolverine one...and though they are best buds in the comics that was not established in the movies so I don't see that happening either...

But thanks for the news Stoffelees :D

[Edited on 24-2-2006 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I heard that the Producer said this wasn't the last film.. unless he was talking about X-Films in general.. I just hope Nightcrawler will be included if they make an X4
Stoffelees
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Stoffelees »

Well, this is the supposedly the last X-men film of this "series". But it is confirmed that Magneto is getting at least one spin-off and Wolverine may get as many as 3. Although my reasoning leads me to believe the fuzzy-blue one won't be in any of those, he could make an appearance in the rumored new X-men movie(s). I don't remember how long ago it was mentioned, but on the same site where I found this info it also said that they wanted to make at least one movie focusing on the younger X-men in the current set of movies, Bobby, Kitty, Rouge, etc. So perhaps he'd make an appearance there. The way I see it, unless the costume pieces are auctioned off and not a single piece remains in the hands of the movie makers, we still have hope ;)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

If you read further in that article you'd find this..

Q: Are you planting seeds for an X-Men 4 in this film?

Gorder: Sort of, yeah, you know, as much as we did in X2, many people missed the fact that there was a sort of an outline of a Phoenix in the water. We do sort of the same thing in this one. You could go there if you wanted to. But it doesn't rule out anything, it doesn't set up anything specifically like saying well you're going to tell this story in X-Men 4. It just sets it up like they could come back, or they could be….certain characters could come back and continue their story arcs.

It's not exactly a sure thing, but they're not ending the movie there..:D:D:bamf

EDIT!!!!

Q: Brett, should this film be looked at as the third part in a trilogy, or just another story in a continuing series of stories?

Ratner: Because I feel so reverential to the first two, I'm not reinventing anything that's already been done, but I am informing some back story that maybe you hadn't seen but makes total sense to the first two. And we are paying off some of the arcs of the characters and resolving some of the arcs somehow-I don't think it's the final arc. I think there's a lot of opportunity to go further with it. But I think because I'm referring to the first two movies and I'm making sure that we're consistent with the first two movies as far as the characters are concerned, as far as what they went. Bryan and these actors have created kind of the universe and there are rules that come with that universe. And I'm not going outside of those rules, but I am looking to show the audience something that kind of pieces it all together. Like, 'Oh, that's why in the first movie they were in this location here.' That sort of all pays off. So in that sense maybe it is a trilogy, I'm not saying that Fox wouldn't make a fourth or fifth X-Men...

AANNDD:

Q: Are you deliberately setting things up in this film that might be paid off in subsequent movies?

Ratner: See, I don't have a contract to do X4-it depends on the performance of this movie if they ask me to come back, which is the reality. But the truth is I am introducing some characters that I know that Fox is gonna go, 'We've gotta to put Kitty Pryde in X4. We've got to bring them back'. I'm setting things up where I'm introducing little things that whether I'm doing it or not, I just love planting those little seeds, and bringing things into this movie that for some reason or another, Bryan wasn't able to bring in… that only the hardcore fans would really know about that wouldn't really make a difference to the moviegoer. But for instance, like the Fastball Special-I don't know if I can talk about that. [laughs]. But stuff like that, stuff that the fans are gonna be like, "Yeah!" and gonna be cheering, that for one reason or another weren't able to make it into X-Men 1 or 2.

:worship

[Edited on 25/2/06 by Blue_Demon94]
Stoffelees
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Stoffelees »

Then why is it called the last stand? My brain is going into overdrive. Who's last stand is this going to be? The Brotherhood? Not the X-men's apparently. I know they're going to make spin-offs, but I thought it was confirmed that this was the last one in this series... my brain hurts.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think it's the mutant's last stand against human oppression.. ir maybe the X-Men's last stand against the Brotherhood.. who knows:LOL
Stoffelees
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Stoffelees »

I hate being confused. So, I know a lot of people here have been saying that they're not going to be seeing X3, but does anyone happen to know when the tickets will be going on sale?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Do you think there'd be a Midnight showing?? I'd want to go to that, screw school:LOL I'm leaving school early on that day to go see it.. that's where my priorities lie people:D:bamf
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

wow, a nightcrawler spin-off would be brilliant, but Marvel are in love with Wolverine. *sigh*
they should make more x-men films, but only if they can find a good stroryline and don't end up making it naff with loads of new characters *ahem* :doh! and have something that is not only about Logan. I'm not saying he's a rubbish character, I just think they should be a little more inventive and feature someone else as a bigger role. :D
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I heard some mentions of a possible Beat spin-off, but I don't think it'll actually happen.. most likely just hopes the producer was voicing
Stoffelees
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Stoffelees »

As far as going to a midnight showing... that's exactly what I was thinking of :nodyes

So does anyone know? Because I've already convinced a non-X-man fan to go with me :D