X-men: The official game talk

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Somewhat-bad news: It'll be for the video game coming out in May.

Ok, before I explain, I want to apologize to getting anyones hopes up for a split second there, but you'll love me in a second!!!

I got my latest issue of Game Informer today. The main cover is Sam Fisher from "Splinter Cell: Double Agent." Then, what do I see in the upper left hand corner but the subline "X-MEN 3: Telling you the story you won't see in the upcoming film." Waaaaaaay in the corner is lovable Kurt!

I IMMEDIATELY turn to the article and they're making a sort of prequel to X3 and a continuation of X2. You get to play three people: Wolverine (obviously), Iceman, and *ta da da da* NIGHTCRAWLER!!! They updated his appearance a little, giving him a X-men trenchcoat and X-symbol belt. You use Kurt's teleporting and hand-to-hand combat skills. There's even a part where you team up with Colossus.

Also, they said that the game will explain why Kurt won't be in X3, but I think we all know the reason for that. *Evil eyes Marvel* They didn't tell much about the story line, but I assume Kurt will interact with Mystique in the game and she'll give hints on his past. The systems will be PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PC, and PSP.

*Huggles PS2, kissing it madly* I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!! I can't WAIT for this game! The effects look SOOOO Good! I wonder if they'll have Alan do the voice? If he does, I'll just die and go to heaven! Just thought I'd share the excitement with everyone.

[Edited on 31/5/06 by Bitsy]
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Yeap, but they can still f*** up the lisence games.
Usually they do.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, that's at least somewhat hopeful. I hope Kurt is as good as he seems to have been in X-Men Legends 2. Hm, and an X-Men trenchcoat, eh? I should try to find a picture of this game.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Well, maybe I'll get some use out of that PS2 after all.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Well let's hope the X3 game is as good(or better) as the X-Men Legends games.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

ooh er! I don't have a ps2...you guys wil have to inform me about the game when you've played it :( It sounds good though. Can anyone confirm that the rumours about Alan doing the voice are true yet??? :
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja rad_666
ooh er! I don't have a ps2...you guys wil have to inform me about the game when you've played it :( It sounds good though. Can anyone confirm that the rumours about Alan doing the voice are true yet??? :
I wouldnt worry if i were you.
As its an license game it will be probably released to all platforms.
PC, Ps2, xbox 360, GC etc.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

This game had better be good...*glares at people making it* And maybe Alan could be the voice of Nightcrawler again!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

two days and i will know if this game is any good.
if this game is X-men 3 The Reunion.
lol
:LOL
...that was just too annoying, someone has released a space exploration game called "X3"..<_<
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

This is very good news. At this point, i am very glad to have a PS2, I hope they have it for PSP as well.

I hope there is a very good explanation as to why Nightcrawler was not put into the movie.

The trench coat sounds cool. Can't wait for this. Do you happen to know when it's comming out Bitsy?

As for the Alan Cumming Voice over...I can only hope...darn sexy voice.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Ok, in answer to Curlyhairgirl's questions, yes, PSP will be another of the platforms for the game and all it said was that it'll be released in May of 2006. So that's like (counts on fingers) six months away. Well, five and 10 days, technically. God, I love having games to look forward to!

Seriously, though, you guys have GOT to check out this article! Just go to any Game Stop or Electronic Boutique or any game retailer and look for the latest issue of Game Informer. It's the January 2006 issue and it has a black and white cover advertising "Splinter Cell." It has some dude named Sam Fisher at a police lineup or something.

They have some great shots of Kurt in it. They actually show his "tattoos" quite nicely. Not only that, but the angelic symbols also detail his uniform. They have a little profile of him on page 101 in the upper left corner. From a distance, it's the same thing he wore in the movie, but closer it's WAAAY cooler than that hobo thing he was pulling off. He wears a long black jacket and a vest underneath, plus a snazzy "X" belt buckle. They even let him keep his rosary, which he has hanging on his belt. As I stated earlier, the ensemble has red curves decorating the leather, similiar to his tattoos. I guess Prof. X wanted to show respect for Kurt's beliefs. :*)

I read the article again and here are some other little tidbits I picked up:

** Chris Claremont was hired as one of the writers for the game. Now, I'm not that familiar with many of the "behind-the-scenes" people, but wasn't that the guy they interviewed on the DVD? The one who wrote the prequel comic?

** During one of Kurt's levels, Prof. X askes Kurt to go back to Alkalai lake to find out some weird activity going on. Also, there's a shot of Colossus and Kurt in (apparently) the base.

** JASON'S BACK!!! From what the article said, Jason Stryker somehow survived and is still connected to "Dark Cerebro." Man, can you imagine Kurt fighting that freak??? With his mind control and all....*shudders* That little girl still freaks me out. "I've got my eyes on you..."

That's all for now, folks, but I'll be sure to keep you updated. Sorry I can't post pics or anything. :(
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Alkuperäinen postittaja rad_666
I wouldnt worry if i were you.
As its an license game it will be probably released to all platforms.
PC, Ps2, xbox 360, GC etc.
:eek I don't even have one of those.. I am ashamed. :shame
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by rad_666
:eek I don't even have one of those.. I am ashamed. :shame
Um...you don't have a PC? How are you posting? Are you using a library or Internet cafe or something?

I'm set...got me a PC, an X-Box and a Game Cube...:D

Of course...this is likely to be the only thing related to the movie that I'll even consider buying...

Bitsy? Any possiblity of some scans? I'm not likely to see the mag down here until after the release of the game...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

** Chris Claremont was hired as one of the writers for the game. Now, I'm not that familiar with many of the "behind-the-scenes" people, but wasn't that the guy they interviewed on the DVD? The one who wrote the prequel comic?
Claremont is a writer for several X-books (not the X2 Prequel though, that was Chuck Austen..) and is the current writer for Uncanny X-Men.. he is also the one responsible for Kurt becoming religious if I remember correctly..
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

hey i saw the preview for x-3
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I would prefer it if he didn't have an ugly trenchcoat again.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I wonder if they could get Cummings to do the voice acting..
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

i hope so did you guys here the voice for kurt in x-men legends 2 he almost sounded italian or spanish or something
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I think there's a good chance it will be Alan. Remember he had a two movie contract? Maybe they twisted things and got him to do the game instead.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Wouldn't be the first time he's leant his voice to something…he was the voice of Black Beauty, the Devil in God, the Devil and Bob and the posh cat in Garfield

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightwind »

O.o

I never knew Alan voiced so many things...
I must pay better attention... :doh! lol

Indeed I love games, but with this game coming out, I've never felt so giddy to own a Gamecube! :cracked :toothy
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I've been trying to find piccies...here's the only one Game Informer will give you access to if you don't sign up with them…and it seems you have to be a subscriber to do that, which is so stupid…if you’re a subscriber you’d have the magazine, so why the hell would you want to look at the article online? But it does give you some kind of idea about what Kurt looks like...

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I'm wondering is that a klit he's wearing?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Probably just a long coat.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

His hand looks a bit odd, but that doesn't matter. I'm just happy it's coming out on PC, PS2 games are ridiculously bloody expensive here. And don't mention online shopping, it always ends a few bucks more than buying at the normal shop. It's really strange how PC games can be cheaper than PS2 games.

Wait, what's this about again. (checks top of page)
Oh yeah! Man I can't wait for that game. That and fallout 3.