X-men: The official game talk

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

I bought the game a few day's ago and I really like it, though some of the levels where you play as Wolverine are quite difficult -_- Nightcrawler is the best I love teleporting behind the enemy :D And skating around on ice is always fun :P The animation suprised me a bit I though there lips would move but I guess they kind of did it comic style. :) Still lots of fun :D
meepdog
Lubber
Lubber

Post by meepdog »

Personally, I don't think that they had enough of NIghtcrawler in it... and that they had waaaaay too much Wolverine. It was pretty cool, though, because you :bamf behind an enemy and then *WHACK WHACK WHACK* and they're down... The comic-book style of the so-called *movies* annoyed me though, just as it had in the Goblet of Fire video game (although THAT game had it much worse).
Kurt, of course, was as cute as ever in the game.;)
"Guess what? She's dating Chris!" X-MenSG1
"I don't believe it!" meepdog
"She is! It's true!" X-MenSG1
"I find that hard to believe!" meepdog
"I swear by Nightcrawler she's dating Chris." X-MenSG1
"Oh, well then, I HAVE to believe you now!" meepdog
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by meepdog
Personally, I don't think that they had enough of NIghtcrawler in it... and that they had waaaaay too much Wolverine.
It has a lot of Wolverine in it? Golly gosh! I'm so totally gob-smacked :surprise

I have the game but haven't played it a whole lot...if I try to play a game while Mum's home she gets really ticked...she can be a bit like the Vogan captain: "I'm too busy to enjoy myself so I don't see why anyone else should have a good time!"
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

nightcrawler deserves his own game
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

I think it would be great if he had his own game :D And I agree there does seem to be more Wolverine than either Iceman or Nightcrawler, though fighting those Sentinels in one of the first levels as Kurt was fun :P
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

You know, they could always expand on the ending of this game (the fate of Nightcrawler) in another game or even a movie.. they could have him living his peaceful life (maybe searching for the family Stryker stole him away from) and in the process he's forced to fight for his or his family's life and realize the gifts he was given shouldn't be his to hide from the public, but he should embrace them and use them to save the world (then he joins the team again and everyone claps and goes "RETCON!") :*):bamf
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

prehaps the game will follow his comic history
like the first cutsciean is him falling off the water fall and beaing found by his foster mother and the first levels you have to do cicus performences is would be cool
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

Are there any chances of them making a game based on Nightcrawler? It would be interesting to know if they were thinking about giving the fans some more of Kurt! But who would take on the project?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I doubt they'd do it, but it'd still be something worth hoping for:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

IGN makes me want to rent this game, to at least have Kurt fight Madrox and lose intetionally
http://games.ign.com/articles/711/711134p1.html
(to lazy to hyperlink)
Top 5 Boss Battles.
#1 - Nightcrawler vs. Multiple Man
Our number one boss battle deserves to be in the top spot, not just for showcasing a particularly inventive foe, but for making it just so gosh darned difficult. Jamie Madrox, also known as the Multiple Man, has become a malevolent mutant offender of the worst kind and is threatening to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge…and that's just one of your problems. As Nightcrawler, it's your duty to not just make sure that the bombs don't go off, but you have to apply your considerable skills against Multiple Man's even more considerable duping talent. Jumping in and wailing isn't going to do it; do so and you'll end up with about eight fists slamming into your face from different directions. Throw a few machine guns in their hands and you'll find out just how taxing being a weaponless, peace-loving ex-circus freak is against a single-minded army of anarchic miscreants.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Ah, it's good to see I'm not the only one who enjoyed this game! I agree on the "cutscenes" though. It looked cheesy at times. But, this is a movie based game, so I guess I should've have expected too much.

I've thought about ideas of Kurt having his own game, but should it be based on the movie or the comics? I'm going to say a combo of both. Like why Kurt REALLY left the X-men! You know what'd be cool? If he goes back to Germany and finds all these spiratual cults and beings going around, causing mayhem and he sets out to stop it.

I came up with that on the spot, but I can see him doing a Resident Evil kind of game...only not as scary. And you'd use a sword! Anyone else got ideas?
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

It'd have to start close to home, like finding that his friends and family amongst the Munich Circus have been abducted, finding out where they've gone etc. I think European attitudes towards Mutants would have to be a lot more accepting than American ones, but there'd still be the odd bigot around. Sort of a cross between an adventure and a detective story, leaning heavily towards the adventure towards the end of it as things get more intense. Finding his 'family' leads him to fighting nastier and nastier evil stuph [And maybe some zombies? C'mon, every supernatural thing has to have some zombies in it...] with help from the more magical elements of the Circus crew. Maybe throw in some BS about how his angelic sigils hide him from evil, blablabla, and gradually uncover the backstory of *WHY* he carved them into himself in the first place.
And, of course, give the ending an opening for him becoming a superhero in his own right. Movie based on the game ^_^ Yay ^_^

*I* think it'd be cool.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I thought Zombies were more of a "Gambit" thing....
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

me to I thought nightcrawler was more the demon slayer
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Kurt discovering his roots would be a great game.. guest starring Rebecca Romijn as everyone's favorite maniacal mother and maybe even having Azazel appear in something other than the Draco :azazel

I'd think that experience would put him into a crisis of faith that would bring him back to the X-Men
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

Wouldn't it be cool if we could think up of the plot, storyline and such and present it to someone who may take an interest in it, and then make it into a game? But I guess it's only a dream, unless someone here ends up becoming a game designer :D
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Encourager Extraodinaire

Post by kamizzi »

I can't pass the last level with Nightcrawler!!! this with Multiple Man ;(
I'm ashamed :/

and there's nothing to do with Jason Stryker :(
he just appears sometimes :/ boo...
:?
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

The best thing to do, Kamizzi, is to go back to previous levels and replay them to earn mutations, then you'll be strong enough to face MM. Oh, and don't worry. The next battle has more to do with Jason. He plays a very big role in Kurt's story.
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by kamizzi »

thx ;)

I've already started to do that...

hmm....Jason...
it could be intresting

brr.. I hate Iceman in this game... :-/

[Wyedytowany dnia 6/7/06 > kamizzi]
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Kamizzi -

Since double posting is frowned upon here at Nightscrawlers, you can imagine how we must feel about triple posting. :

If you just posted and then you find you have more to say, please use the "edit" button at the top of your post to add it.

The Nightscrawlers Triumvirate thanks you,
SK
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by kamizzi »

sorry :(
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

I'm actually stuck on the level with Nightcrawler following Jason with all of those electric wires that keep pulsing with electric currents -_- It's infuriating as I keep falling down because the level is so very bright! It make the teleportation puffs hard to see, if you know what level I'm on about does anyone have any tips to pass it? I hate seeing Kurt die :(
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Eleri
I'm actually stuck on the level with Nightcrawler following Jason with all of those electric wires that keep pulsing with electric currents -_- It's infuriating as I keep falling down because the level is so very bright! It make the teleportation puffs hard to see, if you know what level I'm on about does anyone have any tips to pass it? I hate seeing Kurt die :(
www.gamefaqs.com
InvisibleWoman
Lubber
Lubber

Post by InvisibleWoman »

I love the new game... only I wonder why they put Nightcrawler in it if he wasent in the move!? wish he was, but still, it was an awesome game!
Heather AKA InvisibleWoman
who says girls only care about our hair and nails... Can you say stereotype? Welcome to the 21st century!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja InvisibleWoman
I love the new game... only I wonder why they put Nightcrawler in it if he wasent in the move!?
Because the game was supposed to explain things that happened between the X-2 and X-3?