X-men: The official game talk

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Forget Kurt, we all know that Strong Guy should get his own game.

Also in the trailer for the game I thought I saw Kurt fighting Madrox(same shirt and everything as the movie) can anyone confirm or deny this?

[Edited on 5/26/2006 by confusedelf]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm pretty sure he's in the game.. but I've got some bad news for everyone. I just saw X3 and Nightcrawler isn't in it.. I know what you're all thinking, "Why didn't anyone warn us!" but I assure you that had I been warned ahead of time, I would've told you sooner.. :)
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I am shocked and appalled at Nightcrawler not being in X3 Blue :shocked
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

In the credits, it lists Mulitiple Man as one of the voices. So I guess he must appear in the game. However, I haven't reached him yet.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

That's cool maybe I'll rent the game just for that.....
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I thought they would at least mention what happened to Nightcrawler in Xmen3, but they didn't. Now that was disappointing.

He wasn't even at baldy's you know what. (That's a hint, not a spoiler.)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

His bris?? I could've done without that scene:LOL.. I thought there was supposed to be a brief cameo of him in it, where he reports to the team about his current mission:(
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

nope, nada, like he never existed.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I don't mind he wasn't mentioned. Sometimes continuity is forced.
Cerise
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cerise »

Yeah, so...apparently Nightcrawler just vanished according to this movie. He didn't even have a cameo. :cry
:bamf I have spoken!!:bamf

http://www.tvguide.com/movies/dbpix/images/34281a.jpg I love Edward!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe he's in prison? He’d have to be a wanted man after trying to kill the President…even if he wasn’t in his right mind…maybe he’s in an asylum somewhere then?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi!

I just spent all of yesterday and most of the day before playing the X3 video game (actually, I didn't play because I can't use the controls, but my brother, my sister, and her boyfriend played it and I rooted them on) and I finally have the answer they gave as to why Nightcrawler is not in the movie.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS BLATANT SPOILERS AND UNCENSORED OPINIONS CONCERNING THE X3 VIDEO GAME. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

[spoiler]First of all, I have to say straight out that the reason they gave for why Nightcrawler left is complete and utter cheeze. In a word, he left because of Weltschmerz. "I'm not sure I'm cut out for this," he tells Logan. "It goes against my peaceful nature." :doh! Then later, he tells Xavier "I'm a simple man," and that he's leaving because he thinks he sees in Xavier a weariness of life, a pessimistic melancholy that he can't relate to. In other words, Weltschmerz. Good grief. All those hours of bashing Hydra soldiers and ice-skating through tunnels for that? Where's his swashbuckling spirit? Where's his quirky humor? Not in this X-Universe, apparently. I want my 30 hours back!

What happens, basically, is when Nightcrawler is sent on a mission with the X-Men to retrieve parts from Dark Cerebro, he thinks the ghost of Jason Stryker is haunting him because he left him to die when the dam broke. As it turns out, Jason didn't die after all. The "ghost" of Jason's child self guides Nightcrawler through the game while his physical, adult alter-ego works to get revenge for his father. In the end, after being forced to face his so-called 'inner demon' (which looks suspiciously like Azazel) Nightcrawler is able to save Jason's body, but his child spirit tells Kurt to let him go and Jason finally dies. As soon as he returns to the mansion, Kurt tells Xavier he quits and that's that. What a bummer!!!!

The game itself was pretty fun, although there were a surprising amount of glitches. My favorite part was when Nightcrawler had to face off against Multiple Man to save the Brooklyn Bridge from blowing up. When he punched the 'renegade' Jamie, dozens of multiples appeared and it was a really cool effect! Logan's story line was pretty neat, too, because it took him to Japan. Iceman's levels, however, were...well...erm...what's the opposite of exciting? As for my brother, my sister, and her boyfriend, none of them are into X-Men at all, but all of them said Nightcrawler was the most fun to play. They all kept saying how he should get his own game! They started playing as a favor to me, but they kept it up because they liked playing Nightcrawler so much they felt plowing through the other levels was worth it to get to play him again!!! I'm going to get them each a present for being such great sports! :D

As for the answer to why Nightcrawler doesn't stand with his new friends on their darkest hour and all that smeg, I have to admit to feeling a deep, deep disappointment in the whole thing. What I actually feel is ripped off, and I don't like that feeling. I going to need to watch a marathon of Marx Bros., W.C. Fields, and Danny Kaye movies now to cheer me up!!!! Literally! So in conclusion, the game itself is fun as a wack-em smash-em Wolverine vs. millions of Hydra warriors/Nightcrawler BAMFs all over the place game, but if you're playing it to find out why Kurt left, don't bother. It isn't worth the time.[/spoiler]
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

[spoiler] Sweet, so Madrox was in the game, as a villian, but he was in the game, but trying to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge that makes no sense, I thought'd he stop Madrox from robbing a bank or something.[/spoiler]
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Since this is a hot board, I decided to edit the title since I started it. I'm sorry if I got people's hopes up with all that "Kurt in X-men 3" talk. I was kidding, but now I feel guilty. So....sorry. Better late than never, right? :oops:
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

On learning the game story I’m reminded of the penguins arriving at Antarctica in Madagascar…to paraphrase: “Well…that sucks…”

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, again. I suppose the game has to be considered independent of the movies and the comics. It's odd and somewhat out of character but he is in it, at least, there's some explanation, and it still could be a good game.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Maybe i should download the game then.
Sure as hell im not using 60€ for that.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Still...I've already got a rabid plot bunny from Chris' crappy idea...

john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

i have goten every thing for nightcrawler his other costumes look sort of odd expecialy his comic costume

[Edited on 6/7/200606 by john117]
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

I think you have to consider it some kind of bad fic thing. Damn, I feel like such a downer in regard to everything that's come out recently. I wanted to like it! I really did! But it was just so ridiculous! OHNOES Deathstryke isn't really dead! And what's more, she's in charge of a bunch of hydra soldiers... somehow!

Kurt's reason for leaving was pretty impressively lame but... eh. Kind of fits in with how not well thought out everything else was, including the movie. Teleporting was fun! :oops:
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Ah, I don't know if I dare say this, by Rowena's review really sold me on the game - I want to play it now (but I don't have a playstation).

Moviecrawler is an entirely separate person from the Nightcrawler we all love from the comix - and I really like that he decided to leave because he didn't enjoy beating people up and had to make peace with leaving Jason to die.

'Course, that doesn't exactly make sense if they gave him all these combat skills in the game. But, I don't expect console games to make sense - it's all about jumping around and defeating the enemies. And the game sounded like it was good for that.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Well put!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja chicory
A I don't expect console games to make sense - it's all about jumping around and defeating the enemies.
I disagree. :shakeno
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Well, everyone has their own opinion now, don't they?
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter

Why do you disagree?
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz