X2 Costume - New for Halloween 2005

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Hello all! I just returned home from a very successful Halloween Canned Food Drive event that I sponsored for my high school drama department (I'm the teacher, by the way!) Each year we dress up and go around town, collecting canned foods for local charities.

This year, I set the theme when I decided back over the summer that I was going to go as the X2 movie Nightcrawler. My students caught the X-Men bug, and soon we had quite a few characters represented, both from the movies and from the comic books.

So, I set out in July to make the X2 Kurt costume. Many thanks go out to Saint Kurt for all the advice she gave me while a spent the last few months working it. I think all the hard work finally paid off. We all had a blast, and I was pleased with my costume (and it was a hit with the students!) Other than the contacts (they were a golden hue, but the camera doesn't really pick that up) I think the whole ensemble came together nicely.

I'd love to know what you all think, or if you have any of your own to share. Here are some pictures of my students and some of me as my favorite blue elf.

Theatrepirate :wave

http://photobucket.com/albums/b89/theat ... en%202005/

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Pretty good, pretty good! I like it! I like that you even bothered with the tattoos, that must have taken a bit of tedious work. I also like the shade of blue; I find that commonly a brighter blue is used that distracts me for no reason that I can discern; yours is a lot closer to the movie.

I only have a couple minor quibbles. The tail doesn't look exactly spaded (it looks more like a scythe) and the fingers look odd, though I'm not exactly sure why. All in all, though, an excellent costume!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Wow, that's really good!! Damn my lack of camera! How well did your face paint stay on? Mine lasted pretty good, despite the fact our student union bar (where I wore my costume to) gets really hot, and someone dropped a drink on my head.

I had problems with my gloves though, as one of them ripped and ended up a little blue....
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
I only have a couple minor quibbles. The tail doesn't look exactly spaded (it looks more like a scythe) and the fingers look odd, though I'm not exactly sure why. All in all, though, an excellent costume!
Much thanks for the compliments! The tail IS actually spaded, you just can't tell from this angle (probably because it's not as thick as I would like it to be). Here's another shot of the tail from my "making the costume" album.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/t ... ume006.jpg

The hands are one of two sets that I have. They are a bit too long and oddly shaped, but they were better for picking things up (like canned foods) and driving the car! I tried really hard to get a shade of blue closer to the movie (it took three colors!)

I'm sad I don't get to see Littlebamf's costume, but I'm sure it was awesome!

Theatrepirate

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Nice! I especially like how you got your students in on it, too!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

[quote]Originally posted by littlebamf
! How well did your face paint stay on?

Pretty well. Had to touch up my lips a few times (all the talking), and my students are filming an X-Men parody film for our banquet, so I touched up makeup a bit for that, since I got cast as the elf ;)

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Very nice! I think Dark Phoenix, Beast, and of course KURT look particularly fabulous. That Wolverine has the expression down pat, though, definitely!
Bamf, suckas!
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Thanks for the compliment! (and I'll pass it along...:kissmy students will be so thrilled!)

rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

omg love it! where did you get the trousers?
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
WildCrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by WildCrawler »

Really good pics. The Beast costume was really nice