Should Nightcrawler be in "Wolverine" movie?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Still recovering from my "Cumming won't be coming back in X3" shock, I decided to look around the web at what other people feel about this. Of course, nearly every board I went to is as pissed about this as I am, but I found one that was interesting.

If Wolverine does get his own movie (which we all know he will,) should Kurt make an appearance or even be a co-star? To me, that'd be cool because one of the things I was looking forward to in X3 was the possible backround of how Kurt and Logan became friends.

I could see how they might work it: Logan decides to leave X-men for awhile to find his roots and more about himself and he uncovers some horrible anti-mutant thing and in one scene he's getting his butt kicked by some military guys (while equally beating the crap out of them), then gets saved by Nighty who knows about the movement and....well, that's all I got so far. As long as they don't depict him as a "Sidekick" and more of a "partner."

Ok, this is the part where everyone tells me this'll never happen because deep down, I know it won't either. *shrugs* One can dream.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

A co-star role might be nice as it would gain him some much-needed publicity (though I would want to make sure Kurt has an equal role in the movie as Wolverine). However.

I'm not going to say, no matter how much you ask, that it'll never happen. But is it likely? No. Wolverine is Marvel's baby, and let's face it, Kurt is not. If they make a Wolverine movie (likely) they wouldn't want a co-star in it or even many other parts at all. They'd want it just to be like their umpteen solo series of Wolverine.

However, I could be reading it wrong with my normal pessimistic twist. Let's see what others think.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

To the best of my knowledge, Marvel licenses characters out to various studios (Sony in the case of SpiderMan and Fox in the case of X-Men) and then loses virtually all creative control over what the film studios do with the characters.

If Marvel says, "Hey, we want a buddy movie with Wolvie and Nightcrawler" and Fox says "No. We want a gory slasher with Wolvie rampaging through fields of blood" then Marvel just has to sit back and watch the rivers of blood.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

That's rather odd; that doesn't seem to me that'd be the way Marvel works. They tend to try to run things with a tight fist and be master of their own little universe (as we've seen). However, you may be right. Does anyone else have more information on this?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I could be wrong about this, and I can't substantiate it with a reference, but I believe Marvel has a tighter hold over their franchise than that. Avi Arid is CEO of Marvel Studios and does have a say in what goes into these movies. I know for a fact that there was a FF movie produced a few years ago that Marvel nixed because it wasn’t what they were looking for, so the studios can’t take complete license with Marvel characters.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Nighty’s presence would be the only thing that would get me to see the Wolverine movie…I have absolutely no interest in sitting through 2+ hours of Logan strutting around and skewering things…it’ll probably make buckets of money though…

They'd be more likely to make a Nightcrawler movie a buddy flick with Wolverine...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

Has anyone here read Wolverine: The Brotherhood.

Personally a scene like there is in the end of that would be my best bet for a Nightcrawler appearence. For those of you aren't familiar with it, it is basically Wolverine and Nightcrawler in a bar discussing morality. It would make a great end to any Wolvie movie, even a hack 'n slash.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

but they would have to establish the Wolverine/Nightcrawler friendship forst for that to work.... as it stands now Wolverine is vaguely annoyed by Kurt, they haven't become friends yet....
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

Well, I can hope, can't I?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

I doubt the Wolverine movie will have much connection at all the the X-Men movie. Remember Elektra? They barely alluded to the Daredevil movie.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

:rolleyes we can dream. like others before me, I think that 20th century fox will just want a movie about Wolverine in his pre-X-men days. It's unlikely that Kurt will make an appearance- a reference, perhaps? ie. Logan is in Germany and is talking to someone.
Someone: have you heard about the demon in the church?
Logan: Nope.
(End of reference). :doh!
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
AceOfHearts
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AceOfHearts »

Originally posted by Hsu
I doubt the Wolverine movie will have much connection at all the the X-Men movie. Remember Elektra? They barely alluded to the Daredevil movie.
Yeah !
In Daredevil Elektra dies. .. and then she gets her own movie ? If that can happen then I think Wolverine and Nightcrawler should have a movie. :)