Shouldn't nightcrawler get his own movie?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Andrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Andrew »

If you think about it he is a very interesting character and he has enough history to hold down a part one and two leading from birth to his time on ( the original) X-MEN! I would like to see his effects done by Sir Steven!
Anything in the mind can become reality!
Andrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Andrew »

Also to if Magneto and wolverine and freakin Electra can do it..............:coy
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

Post by Executive Administrator »

All very interesting but they seem to belong in this forum.

Oh, and try to edit your post rather than posting again. Check out the Board Rules up above for more information about posting ettique here at Nightscrawlers.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Greetings and Salutations ANDREW!

A well-done NIGHTCRAWLER movie would be incredible.
Soooo much backstory....you could probably fill an entire movie with just his time in the Circus alone! If by some incredible twist of fate SPIELBERG was involved in any way ...wow...the mind boggles! Considering the current state of the X-film franchise though, the odds of it ever coming to pass are pretty slim :(
I'd also really enjoy seeing an animated Nightcrawler flick ... considering the popularity of the character on X-MEN Evolution if properly done it'd be ridiculously cool!

BAMF!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Hmmm, an animated flick would be good, but I think I'd like a character like that on X2 better (non-CGI). It seems to bring out more of the realism and the personality depth of the character and I think it'd bring more crowds than would another "animation movie", especially one like Evo, that some people who otherwise don't know of Kurt would shun.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Andrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Andrew »

Wow that would be nice i haven't thought of that, i'd be happy if they finally put him in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Even any fighting game thats 2d!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think an X-Men Evolution movie would be good, maybe dealing with the foreshadowing of the Phoenix..
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by luvnightcrawler »

I really really like Internutter's script, but it would be in place of X2, not just a Kurt spinoff.
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

They could make a movie about why he didn't stick with the X-Men...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

btw i just read the casting list for X-Men 3 and i didnt see Alan Cumming/Nightcrawler in the cast list.
Damn. i thought he would be in the movie too. :yell
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KittyWillow »

a solo movie would be great ...as long as he doesn't look like the X2 nightcrawler... he was so unappealing, I couldn't imagine a love interest ensueing in said movie.

I would like to see a Xmen series Joss Whedon style....a bit darker than Buffy and focusing on mutants living their lives and personal battles.
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
Asylum_Sweetie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Asylum_Sweetie »

HE'S NOT IN THE THIRD MOVIE!?! :yell*snatches up her rusty pipe and goes to 'negotiate'*

:yech:sausage:cracked
Look! Kurt's beating the idiot movie execs with a sausage! XP
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

OT: Haha, that's a great smilie combination.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by KittyWillow

I would like to see a Xmen series Joss Whedon style....a bit darker than Buffy and focusing on mutants living their lives and personal battles.
Woaw, have you seen the sixth season of Buffy ?? You can't get really darker than that. All the characters were depressed, LOL... And it ended with Dark Willow !!

Back to the Kurt movie idea, oh yes I would like one too !
Something magical involving his circus life, yes. And his devil father, too.

And I agree : he shouldn't have his X2 look.
The scars bother me... and, above all, the "Austin Powers" teeth !
His "vampire teeth", like in the comic books, are way cooler. :evil
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Mind you, an animated movie would still look good.
It just shouldn't be kiddie-tainment animation, more adult story orientated. Full of dark shadows, thoughtfull dialogue and fluid animation. A gritty version of the usual animation movie style, the characters should have more comic-like detail. And if Disney could make those beautifully detailed ships in Treasure Planet, think of all the beautifull sets CGI could make, the bright circus, the dark gothic towns.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Diablo
And I agree : he shouldn't have his X2 look.
The scars bother me... and, above all, the "Austin Powers" teeth !
His "vampire teeth", like in the comic books, are way cooler. :evil
I hate to disagree but I thought the creation of the scars was brilliant and the only reason the comic books shouldn't have adopted it is because it wouldn't look good drawn. It's a bit of a pet peeve with me when people go for no reason (mind you, I'm not saying you're saying this):
O NOES!!!1! WHY THEY CUT NIGHTY UP AND MAKE HIS TEETH LOOK RETARDO LOLOL THEY SHOULD BE SHOT!!!one!eleven
Except with less grammar, of course. Anything else would be painful to write. As for the teeth, I think it was just a choice. Probably one to distinguish him from being the stereotypical demon with "vampire" teeth as you say. I don't particularly agree or disagree with them, but I think they look good.

OK, .
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
I hate to disagree but I thought the creation of the scars was brilliant and the only reason the comic books shouldn't have adopted it is because it wouldn't look good drawn.
You have every right to disagree, LOL. ;)
I don't totally hate the scars, but I love the comic book version of the character so much, I wouldn't change it.
Besides, the scars are the mark of a tortured soul, and for me, Nighcrawler has always been happy with the way he looks. It's his inner strength.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Andrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Andrew »

You know what sucks, is that every time a Marvel movie comes out the comic follows the movie instead of the other way around! I agree that Night crawlers scars looked good in the movie because he would have looked kinda plain with out them, but as for the comic......naaaaaaaa i like the classic nighty!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, I don't think the comic is going to follow the movie in regard to the scars and teeth.
Andrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Andrew »

yea Nightcrawlers teeth were kinda jacked up in the movie!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Yes, but also I think that because scars and teeth are a little too detailed for comic books, especially the new teeth. I think the comic teeth are perfect for comic books, but would have been too unbelievable in the movie, whereas the movie teeth were perfect in that context.
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

A nightcrawler movie would be awesome, but only has a chance if X3 is a big sucess. If they make a single character spin off though, they're probably going to make it Wolvie.:wolvie

As to Andrew's comment at the beginning, Magneto has his own movie?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Unfortunately, I'm figuring X3 will not be a big success, at least with diehard fans. You never kow, with the public... and there was a movie named Magneto in 1993 but it had nothing to do with X-Men.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Rocks Back and Forth...
A movie (NOT animated) with Alan Cumming would be totally fantastic. He had Nightcrawler's part hands down. Of course the scars would have to be in it, as well as the teeth. I agree with Northstar, the detail they added in to the movie would have been too hard to draw in comics, his face might have ended up completely warped. :shrug Maybe a Crawler movie after the Wolverine spin-off? It could be the ultimate spin-off war.
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

i hate what they did with his eyes:eek