Shouldn't nightcrawler get his own movie?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
Angelique wrote:Hate to disappoint you, but being single and Catholic still means no sex.
Hate to disappoint you, but his history shows that he's banged at least two women (Amanda and Cerise) and he's never been married. He's not the perfect Catholic.
He also had sex with Anjulie. His virgin ship has sailed whether we like it or not.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I like it!

He might have just gotten an underwater blowjob from Anjulie though. They never made that clear.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, part of the joy of a Nightcrawler movie is that it's a good chance to reboot the character- keep all the brilliant aspects of his character and remove the clunkers like his convoluted love life.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

His love life is far from convoluted. Poor Remy has a convoluted love life, even Logan. Kurt? Far from it, the guy has never been overly-committed to any one woman ever, in his life. Sure he's loved a few, but never has he really, *really* experienced the pain of losing one yet.

I dunno, I think he's not as convoluted as you suggest, nor would I think sex a thing that creates a convoluted love life.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Ult_Sm86 wrote:His love life is far from convoluted. Poor Remy has a convoluted love life, even Logan. Kurt? Far from it, the guy has never been overly-committed to any one woman ever, in his life. Sure he's loved a few, but never has he really, *really* experienced the pain of losing one yet.
You're right. I had the fully completely love experience once. Deep and absolute insanity. Wonderful! My biggest dream in life is to experience it again.

If he'd felt that way about Cerise, he would have gone into space with her. If he'd felt that way about Amanda, he would have gone to hell with her. (Or at least visited more often!)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:His love life is far from convoluted. Poor Remy has a convoluted love life, even Logan. Kurt? Far from it, the guy has never been overly-committed to any one woman ever, in his life. Sure he's loved a few, but never has he really, *really* experienced the pain of losing one yet.
Logan's love life is actually quite simple compared to Kurt's. Loban never took back an ex-girlfriend who's had a repeat history of lying about who she really is, what she's doing, and how they're (socially at least) too closely related to even be dating. That makes no sense whatsoever. Nor has Logan ever been dumped for a stint in Shi'ar prison.

It's not pain that makes a love life convoluted. It's not even necessarily the number of lovers. It's a failure to make any sense. Granted, Gambit's love life has been at times pretty convoluted, too. (If your girlfriend has Ms. Marvel's powers, how on earth does cheating on her make sense?) But still, I don't think any relationship among mutant kind can surpass Kurt and Amanda's ability to make me repeatedly wonder, "What was the writer thinking?!"

And he tried to break Cerise out of Shi'ar prison, but she wouldn't have any of it.

[Edited on 8/5/2009 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Angelique wrote:
And he tried to break Cerise out of Shi'ar prison, but she wouldn't have any of it.
He had the option of staying in space with her after that. He didn't. I think he might have done some whining about "The Dream" to make that decision.

He was always way too into "The Dream", maybe that's why he's so directionless now that its body has finally been discovered and given a formal burial.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Angelique wrote: But still, I don't think any relationship among mutant kind can surpass Kurt and Amanda's ability to make me repeatedly wonder, "What was the writer thinking?!"
He had a perfectly good relationship with Amanda Sefton and then they made her his disguised sister. They wouldn't let Mystique be his father because that was too weird.....but they'd let him date his sister? That wasn't a good move, and I wonder why they allowed that at all?

(But I still like Amanda.)
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Right, he hasn't had a main girl yet. Amanda was a big one, yes, and there were a few others I've forgotten, but that's about it.

Truth be told, I'm not sure that i'd like him to have a girl. I can't put my finger on why, but I think it sort of separates him from the other men in the series. I mean, Cyclops and Jean, Remy and Rouge, everybodys got a somebody. I'd rather have Kurt stay alone for a little while longer.
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Yes. He should stay single, so I can have him.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

Angelique wrote: He had a perfectly good relationship with Amanda Sefton They wouldn't let Mystique be his father because that was too weird.....but they'd let him date his sister? That wasn't a good move, and I wonder why they allowed that at all?
I totally agree that Marvel should never have let that slip by them! But, then again, look at Wanda and Pietro... :yech
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

But Wanda and Pietro is supposed to be a screwed-up situation. They expected people to take Kurt and Amanda seriously. Yicky.

He's really just too weird to get a good main girl. Nightcrawler is I mean. I just read a book (braggity brag about MY BOOK that I READ) and the main character was told he was just too weird to get a girl. He's adorably weird, and I had a bit of a crush... but I've been thinking about it and yeah. Weird in a cute way is still weird.

I'm not even talking about the way he looks, he's just got such a creepy personality, at least lately. Hanging out in that chapel he set up where other characters only go when they need to talk to him... it makes my skin crawl. No one wants that Roman Catholic chapel, buster, they're just humoring you because you've been hanging around with them forever.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

The Drastic Spastic wrote: I'm not even talking about the way he looks, he's just got such a creepy personality, at least lately. Hanging out in that chapel he set up where other characters only go when they need to talk to him... it makes my skin crawl. No one wants that Roman Catholic chapel, buster, they're just humoring you because you've been hanging around with them forever.
Awe, that sucks. I would hang out with him all the time, creepy or not.

:? Wait.
Why is he stuck up in a chapel?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

He's not stuck in it. He just created it for everyone's use. It is supposed to be non-denominational.

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Oh, okay, I see. Thanks.

But why is he hanging out in it all the time?

[Edited on 15/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

OctoberHoliday wrote:Oh, okay, I see. Thanks.

But why is he hanging out in it all the time?
Because he's stuck in a rut and it's the only distinctive character trait the poor bastard has left.

502: He's building it. Emma comes in to drag him out to a fight.
503: He appears in some fight scenes.
504: He's in the "chapel", praying out loud, alone. Piotr comes in and points out that no one else gives a shit about having a prayer room.
505: No appearance.
506: Again he's not there even though everyone else on the team is at least seen hanging out and being sociable, even if they don't have any lines.
507: Wondering if he's still in the book and yes, he shows up for two pages to talk Piotr through getting a tattoo.
508: In the chapel at 7:30am. Emma comes in and is all wtf. He's all blah blah blah it's my job to hang out here all the time. She's like, actually it's not, your job is to be an X-Man. He laughs it off. And the description bubble calls him a priest and I'M all wtf. There are actually faceless random people hanging out in there today. Then he takes Emma to a classroom and disappears.

It's just really really weird. From my perspective, he's being horribly asocial. Missionary types do not think about what people actually need, they give them what they think they ought to need. And there is the problem with the whole business: He's acting very much like a missionary, and not like a team member, or a friend. Which used to be his prime directive, no? Love, kindness, friendship? Belonging? Not divisiveness and alienation, and glass-chewing awkward moments. It reads as an absolute obliviousness to the people who are close to him, complete social blindness. I find it disturbing.

Nondenominational just means he hasn't chosen a flavor of Christianity. Big deal.

It's likely partly my bias talking, but even without that I'm pretty sure he's still acting like a freak. I hope they (the writers) are going somewhere with this and not just trying to find somewhere to put him when they don't need him in a fight.
Witchbrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Witchbrew »

I can hear the writers now:

"What shall we do with Nightcrawler?"

"I know - we'll put him in the chapel!"

"We did that last issue - he needs some action."

"Ok - (Fill in the blank) can (Choose one: stab, shoot, beat) him this month."

I'd stay in the chapel too if pincushion was the alternative. #509: Stabbed (again).

[Edited on 16/5/09 by Witchbrew]
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." E.A. Poe
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

Post by flashbang13 »

The Drastic Spastic wrote: It's just really really weird. From my perspective, he's being horribly asocial. Missionary types do not think about what people actually need, they give them what they think they ought to need. And there is the problem with the whole business: He's acting very much like a missionary, and not like a team member, or a friend. Which used to be his prime directive, no? Love, kindness, friendship? Belonging? Not divisiveness and alienation, and glass-chewing awkward moments. It reads as an absolute obliviousness to the people who are close to him, complete social blindness. I find it disturbing.

Nondenominational just means he hasn't chosen a flavor of Christianity. Big deal.

It's likely partly my bias talking, but even without that I'm pretty sure he's still acting like a freak. I hope they (the writers) are going somewhere with this and not just trying to find somewhere to put him when they don't need him in a fight.
I totally agree with that. Even missionaries are supposed to reach out to people, not stay holed up until someone asks for them. They tell you in church every sunday to 'spread good news', and you think if Kurt really wanted to help people with their problems he would go up to them instead of being an emo buttface all holed up in a corner.:rainy

[Edited on 16/5/09 by flashbang13]
Me: Do people that have sex with you get rug burn?
Kurt.....;)
Me: lol
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

So he's in the chapel in #502 when he's building it, #504 when he's praying in it, and #508 when Emma comes to talk to him..... only three times.
I haven't read this last issue yet, but it doesn't seem that strange for a Christian to pray in a chapel. It is strange if they're calling him a priest and he says it's his job to be in there.
The writers haven't got anything for him to do so they're putting him in the only place they can think of.....which is just more of what they've been doing with him lately. Nothing new. They just don't seem to be able to write him as part of a team.....unless of course there are demons around.

And wasn't it Kurt who suggested to Emma that she reach out to the Russian girls?

And welcome, flashbang13!

(And does he really get stabbed again in #509???:doh!)

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Yes, Jeremus, he does indeed get stabbed again. It's part of his new occupation as a human pincushion.

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Man, that all sucks out loud! I thought that his character was meant to be written all hardcore and funny and nice and amazing, but that sounds lame.

Are there usually periods of nothingness with Nightcrawler, or is this sort of a first?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's not the first but it's become irritatingly common in the last ten years or so.

I am very upset with Nightcrawler as of late, the writers have him acting a self absorbed religious ... stabby-doll.
He's not a priest, they annexed that, so why can't Marvel get their stories straight?

I've had it, I'm writing to Joe.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: I've had it, I'm writing to Joe.
:?Sorry, but who's Joe? I'm a bit fuzzy on some of the details.

[Edited on 17/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Joe Quesada, Marvel editor.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Remember he's also half demon now and that was never established in the past...even in the arc that must not be named it was specifically stated that he who shall not be named from the arch that must not be named was a mutant NOT a demon!

Marvel just doesn't have anyone who knows what the hell to do with Kurt...or even knows his history apparently...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D