No nightcrawler in xmen 3

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

Just been on Alan Cummings webs site and it was saying Fox haven't asked him back for the third film. :( . So what do think a good or bad move ?
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

NNNOOOOOOO!!!

If this is true....if this is true....absolutely crushing news...:( :( :( !!!
O.K. went to ALAN's site and it's right there in the "What's happening" section...

What's happening?!!!
"EX X MAN!! Alan will NOT be appearing in X3. Fox has not picked up his option to play Nightcrawler for a second movie."

:(!!!!!!

O.K. in a near panic I searched for everything I could find online about X3's CURRENT CAST LISTING.
Almost everything I googled had ALAN listed as one of the cast members!
But if something like this was true it would seem logical that ALAN's site would be the FIRST to know about it.
Then I found an interview with Mr. and Mrs. SMITH screenwriter SIMON KINBERG who's currently working on the X3 script.

http://movies.about.com/od/mrandmrssmit ... 060905.htm

Some segments from the interview...

"The Status of “X-Men 3: Simon Kinberg is currently at work writing the script for the heavily anticipated third film of the “X-Men” franchise. Commenting on the status, Kinberg said, “It’s going really well actually. We have a new director. Matthew Vaughn just left this week and Brett Ratner came on.”

Kinberg on Changing “X-Men 3” Directors: “It’s a strange thing obviously because usually you’re more used to it with writers than with directors. But Brett’s fantastic. He really understands the tone of the movie and he understands the franchise and he’s really committed to the film. And his energy is really, really inspiring and really infectious and we need that because we’re on a tight schedule.” How tight of a schedule? Kinberg said, “Try seven weeks – six weeks.”

The Return of Our Favorite “X-Men” Characters: Kinberg confirmed that the same familiar faces will be in place when “X-Men 3” starts shooting. “Everybody is back with some new characters, too,” confirmed Kinberg. As for Halle Berry, there was a lot of talk early on that she wasn’t interested in returning as Storm. Kinberg said she’s definitely back. “She has much more to do, actually,” offered Kinberg."

This interview was dated 6/09/05.

After reading this a couple of theories jumped into my mind as to how they could possibly even consider NOT having ALAN come back as Kurt...=(
The 1st thing that jumps out is the ridiculously tight shooting schedule. SIX to SEVEN weeks?!? To shoot a MAJOR summer blockbuster (with more than likely a lengthy post-production period) where they'd have to add TONS of expensive and time-consuming CGI and special effects?

BEAST is already a confirmed character and, from what gossip we know of the script, plays a MAJOR role in the flick with MAJOR screen time. I'm loathe to admit it, but it actually would make perfect sense from a time and cost-cutting standpoint to just NOT have to devote energy, money and time to ANOTHER blue, super-agile, makeup and CGI extensive (tail and teleporting) character in the movie. :(

It goes without saying that THAT SUCKS.
I like BEAST. I really do and I know that if done right he will be incredibly cool to have onscreen. But if it's a choice between Hank or Kurt? Pshh...in my mind it's no competition. Plus who's to say that KELSEY GRAMMER can even pull this off? ALAN CUMMING absolutely nailed it to the wall. Even with all of the make-up, prosthetics and other crap he had to put up with his performance was nothing short of amazing. Who's to say they'll capture the same magic with KELSEY's BEAST? I guess we'll find out....

Another interesting thing is how Kinberg mentions that "ALL of the characters are returning". (!?!)
So maybe NIGHTCRAWLER (the character) however briefly will be in the flick, but ALAN CUMMING (the actor) wont?

BAMF!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Well...if this turns out to be true it really is the last nail in the coffin for me...if the craptacular script posted on AICN is the final script AND Kurt's not gonna be in it I have absolutely no interest in seeing it.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I really hope this isn't the case:( After seeing X2, Nightcrawler has become my favorite character and to not have him in the movie would be such a waste of a movie... having him be such an important role in X2, just to get rid of him in X3 would be utterly pointless.. I really hope Alan is back as Kurt and this all was just a misunderstanding:bamf
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

It does sound rather stupid on their part...he was generally considered the best new addition to the cast and that he almost stole the the show from Logan...

:surprise maybe that's why he's been axed! He was taking too much attention away from Wolverine!

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Well...if this turns out to be true it really is the last nail in the coffin for me...if the craptacular script posted on AICN is the final script AND Kurt's not gonna be in it I have absolutely no interest in seeing it.
Count me in!! This really stinks

I was wondering why the inside scoop Slarti was kind enough to get for us didn't mention Kurt at all. I had a really bad feeling about that.

If this movie turns out the way it's starting to shape up, not only will I not waste my money at the box office, I doubt I will even bend to curiosity and rent it later. If Fox doesn't know a good thing when they have it, they deserve to take a dive with this film. :evil
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I seriously am disturbed by this.
maybe that's why he's been axed! He was taking too much attention away from Wolverine!
If that's the case, then I'm ready to start a boycott on anything with Wolverine. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, but he's all over everything in the Marvel universe, not to mention those rumors of the Wolverine movie that's supposed to come out in the next one or two years. Can't he just go out on his own for a while, hybernate or something.

And
“Everybody is back with some new characters, too,” confirmed Kinberg.
That's rather vague. By saying ''Everybody'',it could just be the people from the first movie, or from both but with less screen time....I feel sick.

Plus, If the NC thing weren't sounding bad enough...It's the third movie and they still have a problem with consistancy...Kitty was in her teens in X1, younger(I believe) in X2, then the actress that that several sites have said to be Kitty (Maggie Grace, from 'Lost') is what? In her twenties???

there's a whole list of reasons of why they should just pull the plug on this now.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

From what I've heard bout x3 its all about Storm.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Nononononononono

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I'm so, so pissed !

:mad:mad:mad
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Guess this is gonna pretty much put an end to this entire sub-forum...unless we all just wanna bitch about it.

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I admit this is disappointing because I really liked Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler and Nightcrawler's presence in the X-Men movies in general.

However, while reading all the fans on other sites alternately bitching about and praising this decision I had this weird wild thought... What if Nightcrawler is still in the movie?

They've changed actors/actresses before and if there is one character you can do that with, it's the one who's wearing so much makeup and prostetics that you can't tell who he is. If a blue guy with a tail who could teleport walked into a scene, you'd still know he was Nightcrawler whether he was played by Alan Cumming or not.

So it's disappointing, but I'm not going to give up hope mainly because it seems silly to introduce Nightcrawler as being so outwardly meek in X2 without letting him blossom into the awesome fun character that he is in the comics. He wasn't a main character in the comics either, but he was always there in the background injecting some fun into the plot and being all Nightcrawler. Maybe they just don't feel they need an A-list actor to do that because it can be accomplished with a stunt man in makeup.

-e
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

With all the rumors going around, I think I'm just going to sigh, throw up my arms, and wait. It seems like things are so chaotic that *no one* knows which end is up anymore. The last I heard, Alan had been signed up for X3, contract and all, along with Janssen, Stamos, Hu, Mardsen, and Stewart. And Halle Barry was 100% out. Then I heard Halle was back, and Mardsen was out, and now Alan is out, and Kelsey is in.... I mean, the FDA doesn't change its mind on "toxic food of the week" this fast!

This reads like a 4th grade girl's party list. It keeps morphing as she changes her mind about who her "best friends" are.

Until filming actually starts, and I get some publicity stills, I'm just going to discount pretty much anything I hear. And even when we get stills from the set, they can still be "wrong". Remember when someone smuggled out a shot of Sauroman's skewered body on the set of ROTK, and everyone assumed it was Gandalf? :naughty
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

Maelstrom, I think you've got the best plan :)
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Maelstrom

This reads like a 4th grade girl's party list. It keeps morphing as she changes her mind about who her "best friends" are.
LMAO!! :LOL
Originally posted by zamweaselSo it's disappointing, but I'm not going to give up hope mainly because it seems silly to introduce Nightcrawler as being so outwardly meek in X2 without letting him blossom into the awesome fun character that he is in the comics. He wasn't a main character in the comics either, but he was always there in the background injecting some fun into the plot and being all Nightcrawler. Maybe they just don't feel they need an A-list actor to do that because it can be accomplished with a stunt man in makeup
Very true and I guess it would make sense if Nightcrawler is barely in the script to save $ on the casting. That at least is better than not seeing the character in the film at all.
Goes without saying though that either way i'm still incredibly dissappointed... :(

One thing I would love to see is an OVERWHELMING show of online support for NOT eliminating Nightcrawler from X3.
The TOP story on AINT IT COOL NEWS.COM right now is

ALAN CUMMING LEAVING X-MEN?!

I'm pretty sure that AICN is one of the top sites on FOX's radar when it comes to gauging early FAN/Industry reaction to upcoming projects. It may seem like a drop in the bucket but I am imploring anyone who is passionate about seeing as much of Kurt as possible in the next X-movie to PLEASE go over there, sign up (if youre not already a member) and let your voices be heard!! I've just come from there and every negative post I read about "being glad ALAN/NIGHTCRAWLER is gone" is like a punch in the gut. I think i've already noticed a post in the 'TALKBACK' forum under the article from DIABLO. :D Would love it if we ALL showed em just HOW passionate we are about seeing as much of Kurt in X3 as possible!!

Here's the link for ya hopefully i'll see you all over there.... :) !!!

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20503

BAMF!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

As if things REALLY needed to suck more. This is terrifically rotten news :cry
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bawl
HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO OUR DEAR NIGHTCRAWLER!?!?!?!?!
WHY!!!!!!!:yell
WHY DO THEY HATE US???!!!
*WEEPS*
whaaaaaa......:rainy:cry:cold

i know this has something to do with you Storm!!!!:shifty
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

So- this news, plus other spoilers circulating the net- would I be right in assuming that the entire active rosteris now made up of Wolverine and Storm?
Nina
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nina »

I've never been this dissapointed over a movie thing. I mean. First it's directed by the Rush Hour moron and now this. The movie might just suck. :(
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

Yep, the casting list is looking very thin at the min.
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by luvnightcrawler »

I can't beleive this. I saw it on http://www.xmenfilms.net on Sunday, but was grounded from the computer and just sneaking on for a fast second so couldnt come here and bitch. But now I can say right now is that if all the rumors are true--

THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK ROYALLY

I really hope they aren't true......
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

As I like to find a bright side to everything...I think I have found a bright side to this...I'm gonna save buckets of money!

When X-Men came out I wasn't overly keen...only bought the comicbook movie adaptation (didn't get any of the prequels) the DVD and soundtrack...I only saw it on the big screen once, and I won a double pass to it...so that didn't cost me a cent...so it cost me around $60...

With X2...well...I saw it 4 times on the big screen (paying every time)...I bought all the comics...the trading cards...two of each of the Nighty action figures...the Nighty head bopper...the collector magazine...the Art of X2 book (hardcovered version)...that little wind up Nighty...the DVD and soundtrack...and any number of other things I can't recall at the moment...so it cost me several hundred dollars...

X3? At the moment I have no interest at all...probably won't cost me one red cent!

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

BAMF wrote:
I think i've already noticed a post in the 'TALKBACK' forum under the article from DIABLO.

Sorry buddy, it wasn't me !
:oops:
But I posted something today.
Name over there is *Diablo*.
Yeah, I'm an active fan ! :evil

(although it will be very hard to say something as interesting and clever as your posts over there, BAMF !);)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Destiny »

Originally posted by Shashuella
Just been on Alan Cummings webs site and it was saying Fox haven't asked him back for the third film. :( . So what do think a good or bad move ?
in a conversation with Jonathan Ross he said that he had signed for 2 movies
also his name is down for x men 3 in any movie website
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Any idea when the conversation was made Destiny?
Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Destiny »

4 April 2003 on friday night with Johnathan Ross
i have it recorded :D

also check out this website it has the new poster for x men 3

http://www.killermovies.com/x/xmen3/
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"