Fur?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
fuzzydude.tk
Lubber
Lubber

Fur?

Post by fuzzydude.tk »

Just out of interest... Did Nighty seem particularly furry to any of you? I always thought an integral part of nightcrawler would be the fur... But, it didn't seem all that apparent, apparently being replaced by those angel tattoos that I've never ever seen, ever. Anyone else find this odd, or is it just me?
fuzzydude.tk - Chicks Dig It
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Fur?

Post by Sorte Springer »

I think a lot of fans noticed that movie Nightcrawler lacked fur. For my part I can only say that it did not bother me much. In the comic books Kurts doesen´t look that fury. Actually I had been reading the books for years before I found out that Night Crawler had a fur coat because Kitty Pryde mentioned it at some point.
As a kid I read the comics in translation, and the translater rendered the nick name "Fuzzy Elf" as "Springfyr", which referres to the teleport ability and not the fur.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Fur?

Post by Garble »

I was only mildly disapointed at the lack of fur, because I'm still so grateful that he was included as a character at all. Plus they stayed true to him in so many other ways.

Besides, Poor Alan had to put up with so much just being painted blue... can you imagine if they had to glue a fine layer of fur to his skin as well?
KnightKat
Lubber
Lubber

Fur?

Post by KnightKat »

I think that with today's "imaging technology" :LOL they could have altered Alan to LOOK like he had blue fur! But anyways, I was more dissapointed with them inventing a story about tatoos. Totally takes away from Marvels HUGE history, which they should have drawn from.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Fur?

Post by TelegramSam »

Well, that's hollywood for you. Nothing is sacrosant.

Sometimes being a book/comicbook fan and a movie fan too is hard.

*insert long-suffering sigh here*
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Fur?

Post by Mistress D »

I actually didn't notice, because I saw the movie, THEN got into the comic books! *nervous laugh* Heheh... *ducks to avoid thrown mouse pads* I was really confused when I read a fanfic about X-Men with Nighty in it and found that the auther kept reffering to his fur. At first I thought it was an error, but then I went and read the comics, and a little light bulb went off over my head. :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Fur?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by KnightKat
I think that with today's "imaging technology" :LOL they could have altered Alan to LOOK like he had blue fur!history, which they should have drawn from.
That's just the thing though, they would have needed to use alot of CGI just to do that adding stress to the budget, it would cost alot, not to mention, if they didn't do a good job with the CGI it could make it look severly tacky, and not making him with fur is the easiest way not to make tat mistake...though I bet Alan would have been greatfull if they had done CGI, he wouldn't spend all that time in the makeup chair. CGI was fine for mystique because they didn't have to cover her in fur, only in scales, which I believe are easier to create than intricate little hairs.:eek
one name: Bruce Campbell
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Fur?

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, I prefer this method to CGI or putting fur on him. I think putting fur on him would have looked bad too. Imagine how hot it would have been! Plus he would have looked bulky. I think this was a pretty good choice because of what could have gone wrong. The idea that he cut himself is a bit off from the character, but its better than a stupid Gollum CGI thing...
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
stocktonwood
Lubber
Lubber

Fur?

Post by stocktonwood »

I didn't really mind because i actually liked the angelic symbols alot. Plus I think it would have made Alan's job even harder than it already was. I mean can you imagine acting under all that stuff? it would have been hard to tell what his facial expressions were.
"when I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, Let It Be.." The Beatles

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

Fur?

Post by Destiny »

i think it was a good idea for the scars instead of the fur. Maybe they thought that fur would be too much. or maybe they just felt sorry for the poor scottish dude that would o had to sit for hours and hours on a chair gettin covered in fur lol

Feel bad for the wee scottish dude :(
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"