Nightcrawler's Powers and Abilities

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler's Powers and Abilities

Post by SmoothBamf »

I'm quite annoyed at certain things in The New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe X-Men 2004. Specifically, the section that deals with Nightcrawler's powers. First of all, his eyes dont glow in the dark. That is just a visual, done because it looks cool. I could point out pictures in almost any comic where similar visual stylings were used. Such as, when Captain America is standing in shadows yet you can still see the star on his chest, the A on his head, and his eyes clear as day. No where does it say that these things glow as well, I doubt it. Besides, how stealthy can you be with eyes that are producing light? However, I will grant you that the eyes could be reflective, like a cats.
Secondly, they dont even mention the fact the he has the wall crawling ability. (Which by the way, I have an interesting theory on how that works, but I will explain that later)
Third, they continue the absurd notion that Nightcrawlers agility is only peak human. Any Nightcrawler fan knows this is bull. It makes me wonder if the writer ever read anything with Kurt in it.

At this time I would like to tell you about some of my theories on the workings of the Elf's powers.
First his super agility. I believe it is derived as a result if the combination of a few of his physical mutations and the wall crawling ability. Meaning that if you were to take away any of the componets his agility would be diminished. I would like to now go into detail about what gives him his super agility. And that would be a unique muscle structure, which includes more muscles and just plain different muscles than a normal human. I propose the notion that his muscles are set up similar to a cats. In case you didnt know, a cats muscles are like a spring of bungy cord, giving that snap-like reflex, which is why a cat can jump from the floor to the counter. Now if we apply those same principles to Nightcrawler, it would easily explain his super human feats of agility, and although he does not possess super strength or super speed (in the traditional sense). My theory would explain momentary instances where it does.
Nightcrawler also does not have super endurance. Any time that it looks like he has it, I say it is just a further use of his agility, which allows him to roll with the punches and sustain less damage.
Now its time to explain my take on his wall crawling ability. (and keep in mind that I watch a lot of Discovery, TLC, and Animal Planet) First of all, we know that we have electrical pulses that run through our bodies. The chamaleon has the ability to control that electrical charge to a certain extent. It runs a current through thousands upon thousands of tiny hairs on its mitten shaped feet causing an electro-magnetic static cling, which allows it ti cling to a variety of surfaces. Nightcrawler, as we all know, is covered in a very dense short fur, therefore it is entirely possible that he utilizes a similar method of localized static to stick to walls.
Finally, that brings me to Nighcrawlers most controversial power; the ability to turn invisible in shadows. Marvel has contradicted itself many times on this subject. Sometimes they say he can turn invisible, as in when they first introduced his power, but latter they say that due to his indigo coloring, he merely blends very very well in shadows. I prefer to believe tha he litterally turns invisible and I'll tell you why. Kurt is clothed most of the time and amongst those clothes are a pair of white gloves and white footwear. So I ask you, wouldnt his clothes counter act the blending effect?

Please respond if you agree or disagree, I would like to hear your thoughts. Thank you.
....and I'm spent :bamf