X-2's "Artie" and Hummers?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I was watching TV tonight and the Hummer commercial came on that has the kid build a hummer to win a soap box dirby. I was trying to figure out why the heck I recognized him, and I think it's the same actor that played Artie. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I was wondering if it actually was him.

*edit* I went back and corrected the name.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Warbird
I think it's the same actor that played Arnie.
First off, it's Artie (the kid with the blue forked tongue).

Artie was played by Bryce Hodgson. He did play the kid in the Hummer commercial with "Happy Jack" by The Who.

To see the commercial, go to Hummer's site, wait for the popup, click FAQs, click TV spots, and "Big Race" should be the third from the left on the bottom scroll bar. There's also a mini-site with behind-the-scenes pictures and director information.

Note: I don't suggest searching for the actor's name and Hummer on google. The first site has pictures and seems quite pedophilliac. I checked the message board to confirm my suspicions and damn I feel the need to bathe in bleach now :X
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

hallo together

stupid question, but artie isn´t that the morlok named leech?

grüsse alex
grüsse alex
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Now that you mention it, fallacy, I think there was a morlock named artie. But I don't think it's the same character.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Yeah, there is a morlock named artie, but I didn't think he had a forked tognue, and they really didn't get into anything else about him. Thus, I didn't make the connection that it would be the same charicter. I actually don't know most of the Morlocks as well as I do my other Marvels , so it makes sence I wouldn't think of it. Besides, I thought it sounded like she said Arnie anyway.

Whatever, not a big deal. I just wanted to know if I was going nuts or not. It turns out I am, this just has nothing to do with it.:D
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Artie & Leech Bio. Now, keep in mind, lots of times (particullarly in Generation X) the writers and artists confused Artie and Leech. I think on more than one occasion, their colors were switched.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)