Love to A. C. but... I have another idea..

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

But still like someone thought about adrien brody, johnny doesnt have the right face for the role of joker, jack nicholson = the only real joker.

heh, going a bit offtopic :P
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

:LMAO yes I did see Chocolate factory, and yes Johnny is completely insane! :eek
That blue Brody picture is brilliant. Still, his nose is a bit too long and he's a good 6 inches taller than Kurt. And too skinny.
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Johnny is far too GORGEOUS to play the joker............he needs a hot character....hmmmm

*sigh* you all finally pulled the fan girl outta me..........

plus, as much as I love Johnny...(and I LOVE JOHNNY!)...Jack Nicholson will always be the Joker....I don't see any reason why they'd remake a Batman movie with a new Joker....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think Nicholson was such a great Joker, but he's getting older and I don't think he'd be able to pull off the role again (especially since Batman and the Joker are supposed to be around the same age and there's probably twenty years between Bale and him)... as for Depp as the Riddler, I think he would do great, especially if they decide to make The Riddler a dark character, because Depp could definitely pull it off..
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

But why would they do another Batman with the Joker? It seems like it would be superfluous.......I'm sure there are more Batman villians they can pull from, rather than redoing ones which have been performed flawlessly (Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-face...I even thought Uma was FAB as Poison Ivy...)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

:shrug Maybe they thought The Joker was such an excellent character he should have another crack at the box office? And maybe *in filmwritors opinion* they decided to have a modern, darker version of The Joker, just as they made Batman one hell of a lot scarier.
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

But the ones that were already used are the main Batman villains; if they don't use Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy or Bane in the upcoming movies they'll have to resort to using lame villains.. Does anyone really want to see Bale facing off against Clayface?! If Joker wasn't used in this series it would only appease those who still think this movie is a prequel and leave those who actually know this is a fresh start to the Batman series wondering why we were left without Batman's most popular villain.. Having the Joker in the next movie is the most reasonable thing to do to establish this as not only a new series, but to set the tone for future super-villains.. Two-Face may be pushing it though..
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

They way i see it, a much larger percentage of the Batman Begins audience sees it as a prequel......Why are they remaking all this anyway? I don't get it...

And I'm so sick of remakes....
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

It's not really a remake, it's more of a new start to the Batman series.. if Nolan were to make this film associated with the previous ones, it would get all the complaining and such that people gave the last series.. I don't see it as a remake, more like an entirely new Batman story
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Ok, talk about batman somewhere else, like a batman chat site.

Anyone want to offer up other actors to play Nightcrawler keep talking.
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

:nodyes BACK TO NIGHTCRAWLER...
wasn't ray park(who plays toad in x-men 1) considered for the role? I'm sure I heard that rumour somewhere.
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Really? Where did you hear that? That would have been an interesting choice, and he's got the martial arts / acrobatic skills...but I'm glad he took the role of Toad instead (just don't see him as Nighty material.) Though (just a tad off-topic here) I really wanted to see Ray and Alan get to fight in X2. Too bad it didn't work out. Kurt and Toad battling it out is always a blast!

I guess I'm still sticking with A.C. though. Hmm...who else would be good in blue...?

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

In response to TPAM's post, did you know about the scene that was planned out for X2? That scene was supposed to happen, but I guess it was just cut out completely for some reason.. http://www.nightcrawlerheaven.net/id11.html

As for Nightcrawler, I really wouldn't like anyone else but Alan playing him.. hopefully there will be an X-4 and he can be in it:bamf
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

And back at ya, TPAM. Yes, I had heard about that scene. Actually, I stumbled upon one of the drafts of the screenplay. How awesome would that have been?!?! I think I read that Ray Park was under contract with another film, so he couldn't appear in X2 and the scene was written out.

Back to the Alan thing. I think having another fight scene for Alan to have done in X2 would have been great. With fighting Toad, there would have been the opportunity for all kinds of comical as well as action fighting, and a chance for Alan to flesh out even more depth to the role of Nightcrawler. (Since some people have criticized Alan's portyal of NC as not being a well- rounded NC)

But I'm with ya, TPAM...votes for Alan every time! ;)

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Oooo that would have been cool. Ray Park was Darth Maul wasnt he? He was good in that, but he didnt really have to talk ever....
Alan was in Caberet, however you spell it, as the creepy German mc, so that was how Singer knew he could not only pull off the accent, but act too.

Yeh I guess this is a moot point now that he isnt in 3 and they say there isnt any more...but still it is fun. Maybe Ill get out the old adobe and do some, uh, blue ups of some boys. ...:D
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Theatre Pirate, I found that script too! I printed it and stuck it in a book... maybe they took out that scene cos it lasted too long, or it cost too much, or the appearance of Toad at Alkali base would have been way too random.:rolleyes
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

But reviving a seemingly dead character would be pretty true to the comics:LOL:bamf
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
But reviving a seemingly dead character would be pretty true to the comics:LOL:bamf
do you mean Jean Grey? :LOL *confused
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm just saying that at Marvel "Death" is more like temporary vacation.. This year alone at least three characters were resurrected, some sooner than others.. Northstar comes to mind..:bamf
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Ah, yes...Marvel deaths...

and still a bit off topic, but...

I agree, I would definitely have liked to see the return of Toad...with his tongue all charred up from Storm's blast. Ah, what the dialogue between he and Kurt might have been :smirk. Alas and curses...

Back on Alan...I don't know...seeing him act in almost anything else is creepy. (And don't get me started on the cologne commercial...yikes!) Interestingly enough, we received new drama texbooks this year, and wouldn't ya know...Alan was on the cover! (acting out a scene from Hamlet!) Now that, I could handle, and I gained some more respect for him as an actor. But, I'm sorry... he just looks best in blue. :love Just can't picture anyone else.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja NachtcGleiskette
They way i see it, a much larger percentage of the Batman Begins audience sees it as a prequel......Why are they remaking all this anyway? I don't get it...

And I'm so sick of remakes....
have you seen Schumahers Batmans?
AAAAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!
"hey lets make batman movies so we can sell some toys"

Batman begins (10/10) Nolan
Batman And Robin (2/10) Schumacher
Batman Forever (6/10) Schumacher
Batman Returns (9/10) Burton
The Batman (9/10) Burton
Alkuperäinen postittaja Tonks Kittygoth
Oooo that would have been cool. Ray Park was Darth Maul wasnt he? He was good in that, but he didnt really have to talk ever....
Actually Park didnt say a single word as Darth Maul
hes voice was dubbed with the voice of Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of The Dead) because Park didnt have the kind of a voice that Darth Maul should have had.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Alkuperäinen postittaja Tonks Kittygoth
Oooo that would have been cool. Ray Park was Darth Maul wasnt he? He was good in that, but he didnt really have to talk ever.... (emphasis Northstar's)
Actually Park didnt say a single word as Darth Maul
hes voice was dubbed with the voice of Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of The Dead) because Park didnt have the kind of a voice that Darth Maul should have had.
That is exactly what she said, Casshern.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Thank you hooded man.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

"but he didnt really have to talk ever.... "

I see where Cassern/Croc hunter is coming from though.. it's kind of a double negative.. it's like you're saying "He hardly ever has to talk" opposed to "He never talks"
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I think I can possibly see that, though it wouldn't be a double negative. I'm not trying to jump on him or anything, I just thought his correction (as I saw it) wasn't needed. But yes, I can see where you both are coming from.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.