X-3 Interviews!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-3 Interviews!

Post by Siona »

((Note: these were stolen -- er -- found on SuperheroHype. Aheh. :oops ))

Brian Singer: Director Bryan Singer has signed an overall deal with 20th Century Fox to develop projects he'll direct and produce. Singer has separately begun negotiations to return for a third installment of the X-Men franchise.

Fox production president Hutch Parker told Variety the effort to mount another film is in its early stages, but that he would have been eager to bring Singer into the Fox fold even if the studio wasn't thinking about another film.

"We are always wary of sequels because so often they are an invitation to mediocrity, because not enough attention is paid to the skills that allowed the first film to succeed," Parker said. "We had such a fantastic experience with Bryan on 'X2' -- he was a great partner who navigated the process, which included the magnitude of the budget, the number of visual effects, and our desire to build on the first film and make a better and more satisfying movie. The deal is an outgrowth of the strong relationship we built on those two films."

The two-year deal is the first studio pact for Singer, who named his production company Bad Hat Harry, a line from his favorite movie "Jaws." Singer will have an office on the lot and will bring with him development director Alex Garcia and add to his existing staff as he accumulates projects.

"I've been stockpiling a number of different projects in movies, TV and videogames, and it's great to have a base of operation and a place to put writers to work," Singer said.

Mounting X-Men 3 will be a more pricey undertaking than the last effort. The cast members made deals for the original film and an option for one sequel. The studio will have to broker new deals for returning cast members.

Ian McKellan: ComingSoon.net spoke with "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" star Ian McKellen about possibly reprising his Magneto role once again in X-Men 3...

"Ask me this time tomorrow when I would've spent the day with Bryan Singer and one of the writers who is coming to the premiere. I'm told by both of them that they hope there's going to be a third movie, they both hope to be involved and they both hope that Magneto would be a part, but they don't quite get around to saying I'll be playing Magneto. It could be the young Magneto they could be writing. Who knows. I think Lauren Shuler Donner has announced that there is going to be an X-Men 3 and there's going to be a spinoff, a Wolverine spinoff, and that Hugh Jackman is contracted to do both."

Lauren Shuler: Dark Horizons talked to producer Lauren Shuler Donner about the anticipated third X-Men movie. Here's a few clips from the interview...

Will Colossus have a bigger role?
We'll see, probably.

Will the Dark Phoenix storyline be used?
We have to, we kind of left that out there so we have to follow that thread along with some other stories.

Ian McKellan told us he's keen on doing X3?
I can't imagine doing it without him or Patrick [Stewart] or any of the main cast...and Halle [Berry]. We have to make sure that she's used well and we have a great great storyline for her, or maybe we do a Storm movie...who knows.

Patrick Stewart: The Bradenton Herald spoke to Patrick Stewart, aka Prof. Xavier in the X-Men films, about the third installment.

Despite Star Trek's continued success in syndication and on the silver screen, a younger generation of viewers knows Stewart best not as Captain Picard, but as Professor Charles Xavier, from the two blockbuster X-Men pictures, the latter of which opened in 2003.

"X-Men 3 should come out in 2005," Stewart said on the red carpet. During the discussion inside the theater he said he hoped the franchise continues for several more films.

He also said he won't be doing any more "Star Trek" films.

Stan Lee: "Oh I hope I get a cameo in it. I wasn't able to do a cameo in X2. I have a cameo in the next Spider Man. I actually have a line to say. That'll make the movie. (laughs) I'm not involved really with any of them, except if I'm lucky they call and ask me to do a cameo, and I'm not the kind of guy who says no. Well, I did have to say it with one. I was asked to do a cameo in the new Punisher movie, but they were shooting it somewhere in Florida but I didn't have time to go down there, damn it, so I missed out on that."

On another note, Halle Berry also said, "If they could give Storm a little bit more to do. Even if she's relegated to the background, she'll likely return. I'm so connected to the group that I would come back."
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.