AARGH!!!!!!!!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

From ComiX-Fan
According to a recent report by the Animation Insider, the popular Kids' WB! animated series X-Men: Evolution has been cancelled. The show recently concluded its fourth season, and was on hiatus awaiting a decision on a possible fifth which would have adapted the classic comic book story "The Phoenix Saga".

As recently as early November, Marvel Studios President Avi Arad described the series as "continuing" (see 'ARAD'S MEGA MARVEL MOVIE, TV UPDATE'). Series producer Boyd Kirkland told ComiX-Fan in late October that the season 4 finale was intentionally structured as a wrap-up in the case that the show was not picked up for a fifth season (see 'THE FUTURE OF X-MEN: EVOLUTION').

X-Men: Evolution was a strong ratings performer during its four year run on the Kids' WB! network, supported by popular VHS and DVD releases as well as toys and a short-lived comic book series published by Marvel.

Stay tuned to ComiX-Fan for more news on this situation as it develops.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by sevati »

Ah, crud. All I can say is, I hope this is just a rumor.

I was really looking foward to another season, since the last episode showed character's future looks and Phoenix.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Northstars Love »

Ah Damn! I was finally getting around to seeing all the eppy's I missed and now this crappy news!

As Sev said hopefully a rumor. I don't want to see it cancelled! If The Simpsons can have a long running series why can't Evolution? :cry
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

:bawl
@#$%! this is CRAP-CRAPCRAPCRAP
i cant BELIEVE this- X-Men EVO was the best thing on WB- now all i'm stuck with Pokemon & Yu-gee-oh (or whatever-i dont care how its spelled- cause i HATE it)

i was also looking forward to seeing the Phoenix saga,or maybe even the Proteus Saga, Hellfire Club- i was desappointed in not seeing some of my fave characters make it to EVO.
pleasepleaseplease let this be just a rumor
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Nightcrawlis »

If it's true that it has been cancelled then;

Verdammen Sie, verfluchen Sie in Vergessenheit

:mad
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Fuzzy_Jr.
Lubber
Lubber

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Fuzzy_Jr. »

I certainly don't get what the heck is going through the WB's minds if it isn't a rumor... X-Men Evo is the best show on that station! It has a wide age-range of viewers, an interesting plot (Unlike SOME of their other shows) and TONS of fans! There's over 200 authors of Evo fanfic just on ff.net, tons of fan-sites, forums, and Roleplays online. And that's just SOME of the viewers... they really need to reconsider this. I don't know about you guys, but when Evo was on during the weekdays and weekends, I'd watch the WB 5 hours during the week, to see all the episodes. Now that time is cut down to 0! Eeurg. *Immense frustration*
N-No Season Five? *Wince* *Whimper* WAHAHAHAHA! *Twitch*
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by spinifex »

OK - sad. I loved that show.

But maybe now Cartoon Network will get rights to all the seasons?

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Fuzzy_Jr.
I certainly don't get what the heck is going through the WB's minds if it isn't a rumor... X-Men Evo is the best show on that station! It has a wide age-range of viewers, an interesting plot (Unlike SOME of their other shows) and TONS of fans! There's over 200 authors of Evo fanfic just on ff.net, tons of fan-sites, forums, and Roleplays online. And that's just SOME of the viewers... they really need to reconsider this. I don't know about you guys, but when Evo was on during the weekdays and weekends, I'd watch the WB 5 hours during the week, to see all the episodes. Now that time is cut down to 0! Eeurg. *Immense frustration*
I 100% and wholeheartedly believe that this cancellatiion came from the fact that the WB is owned by AOL Time Warner, who also happens to own DC Comics. It's simply a matter of Brand Loyalty. Rather than liscence a show about teenage superheroes from their competitors, they can use teen superheroes that they already own, such as Static and the Teen Titans.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by TelegramSam »

I was under the impression that DC comics bought Marvel after that whole bankruptcy thing a while back, though?
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Nope. DC and Marvel are entirely seperate companies.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Nandireya »

Comics Continuum have backed it up...they say it's not official but it's as good as...

Jerks!

Wish I had Kids WB so I could refuse to watch it...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Hmm.......... according to comics continuum, it looks like Cartoon Network will be pulling EVO in March..........

ANOTHER AOL/Time Warner subsidiary drops evo despite ratings...................

something seems a bit off here..................
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Originally posted by Fuzzy_Jr.
I 100% and wholeheartedly believe that this cancellatiion came from the fact that the WB is owned by AOL Time Warner, who also happens to own DC Comics. It's simply a matter of Brand Loyalty. Rather than liscence a show about teenage superheroes from their competitors, they can use teen superheroes that they already own, such as Static and the Teen Titans.
i didnt know that WB & DC comics were owned by the same company.
This is GREAT-JUST GREAT- now theres only Teen Titans & Static Shock-
i dont like Teen Titans- but that cartoon is STUPID (I'm sorry to anyone who likes it)
i dont like the theme song its annoying, i dont like the amimation,now Static Shock-i dont know i usually dont watch it but i have seen 1 or 2 eps.
does Marvel own a network
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

hahahahahahaha "Does Marvel own a network?" :LMAO

Short Answer: Ha! No.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by TelegramSam »

you'd think they could get some support from the Disney-owned networks. :
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by TelegramSam »

Also I don't see why WB would kill the show *just* because it's Marvel. WB makes money from the advertising shown as well. It would be a stupid decision from a business point of view.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Well, they certainly didn't cancel it because of the ratings..................
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by Archangel »

The WB still showes the X Evo chacters in some of there tsrange add's with there simbols
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AARGH!!!!!!!!

Post by nightcrawler30 »

man, this really stinks. i think they canceled it because they had other shows to be put in. like they just put in astro boy, and staic shock.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.