Kurt's look in X-Men Evolution #9

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ces »

Well, I finally have read this issue. And, wow, did I love :love: Nighty's looks!

He's so cool! Hereby I declare that this is one of my fav. alt. Kurts!

I know this issue has been spoken about somewhere, but... this forum's getting huger by the minute!

Sorry... I was going to describe why I really liked him in this issue, but I'm beyond words! You must see this for your self! (Those of you who hasn't yet.)

(By the way, Toad looks extremely cool in his glasses...)
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

is that the one with them all playing baseball, it was so boring, they didn't do anything but play baseball. I thought they were gonna stop making those! (though the art is cool, your right on that Ces!) :P
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ces »

Nahhh! You're wrong! :p

They are having a party at the mansion (Xavier gone over the weekend)... If someone is interested I can post some scans tomorrow (Kurt's really cool!), since I've decided to do some scans in any case.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

and Kurt forgets Xavier can read minds!:smirk::laugh:
Yeah I love the art in that. It's very cartoon edge!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

Oh, I love that issue, too bad that they're canning it. Which is probably why they got a new artist in, for the "Farewell Comic" thing or something.

But I absolutely love it. This issue got me back into my comic making mood, and while they could've paid more attention to the "Kurt only has two fingers even when he's wearing an image inducer and Why isn't Rogue wearing gloves during the party?" detail, you really can't dwell on it because the art on the whole is just phenomenal and very nicely detailed. That and you get to see them in different clothing for once. I just love Kurt and Toad is this issue as well.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Oh yeah I never notice things like that until the second or third time I read a comic.:rolleyes::laugh: Yeah though anyway overall it's great!:D
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

comix :)

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I have a lot of fun reading the X-Men Ev comics- I know a lot of people aren't fans of the series in general- but I think if you sort of approach it as a huge- massive- Marvel Certified fanfiction kinda thing- It's really enjoyable. (I know one guy that comdemned the entire series because Wolverine doesn't have his lambchops...)
But yes- I like the comics a lot- I didn't even realize there was a comic book until a just a few months ago- but I enjoy it now. It's a shame that they're cancelling it- but all good things- y'know? ::ahem ahem- Excalibur::
Yeah- few comics escape the harsh eye of the scrutinous fan- Perhaps the person who gave inducer-kurt 2 fingers was making up for the Excalibur artist who once gave him five :)
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

my only prob with it was it wasn't very consistant. THough, it was probably aimed more for the little 'uns if it was based after the show, which has a whole collection of 9+ toys. (NOT THAT I HAVE THEM ALL OR ANYTHING!) That kinda thing irks me. When they make something for older people, and they aim for the young twelve year old boys, like LOTR toys at BK (NOT THAT I HAVE THEM ALL OR ANYTHING!) I mean, that was soo aimed for 12 year old kids, then they go, see it, and say.. "MOmmy I didn't get it, OOHH! A TOY!" (If nighty, "Scott I didn't get it, OOH look, they sell charros!")
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by silvermouse »

I always feel in the minority, I love evo and I get so heartbroken when I miss it. Then again, my heart heals fast. Lol! I have half the comics, and I'll be picking up the rest relatively soon. At least I hope.
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

I had thought that #8 was the last ish, but then I saw #9 and grabbed it. :D J.J. Kirby's art is very cool...and I wish I could draw like that, but I don't think that I could stand it for anything longer than a mini-series.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

I think it would be a good idea to put a scan of that ish on for the ones here who haven't seen it! (I only have #1)
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

I also thought that 8 was the last one, and I squealed in delight that there was a 9. Then I squealed again at the art. I have all of the issues except number 2, and I find most of them to be fairly mediocre. Number 3 (with Jean and Toad) I thought was the best out of the bunch, with 4 not far behind (only for the Kurt action, though, the art was sub-par).

I'm still squealing at the art in number 9. It's good, if a bit inconsistant.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

You know...Marvel themselves have still got #10 in their list for this month...

Hmmm...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Really?! I always though an ending at number nine would be kind of symbolic as far as Kurt's love for the Beatles. You know Evolution number nine, Revolution Number Nine?;) Hmm... Okay maybe it's just me.:rolleyes::P

ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ces »

Well I haven't scanned anything yet... been to busy fighting the sun (of course I lost, and right now have a pounding head ache!) in Stockholm.

But here are the cover and first four pages of the issue anyway!

*update* Look at this!

*update 2* Buttocks in a river! :bawl: Why must codes always fight me! Test I Test II

*update 3 = conclusion* If you want to format the text inside url tags, put them inside them! (Ha! I can fight back!)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

aw :( i can't get that ish, i hate Rafa (the comic guy from here) he decided not to bring more American stuff :(
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

Lucy: I thought the same stupid thing! Everytime I wrote or said "Evolution 9" i thought of that song. Ah, Beatlemania is rampant within me.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

LOL, I have to admit, I wasn't going to buy the comic, but I opened it up and I thought the art was pretty awesome! I mean, some of the characters looked NOTHING like themselves (i.e. Kitty, Lance), but Kurt looked so awesome! And Toad was adorable, lol. I agree with all of you who liked that one. It's a shame they cancelled the comic though.
Mirage
Lubber
Lubber

Huh?

Post by Mirage »

You guys like the art in Comic #9? Weird. Over at X-Fan, no-one liked it.
I didn't particularly enjoy it. No offense or anything, it was cool to make a change to it. But I don't think it was good to end the series on #9. Especially with the revelation of the Mr. Sinister plot coming up in #10. :(
The story was like the plot in the X-Ev cartoon episode Fun & Games, apart from the whole Risty thing. I did not like the artwork. :( :surprise: :yell: I suppose Kurt was the best one, if I had to choose, but I found it disappointing.
Sorry to be critical, but this is just my opinion. :shame:
Oooh look, the sausages... :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: *wanders off into own head, to a land of pink fluffy candyfloss trees and pretty little Nightcrawler :love: *
*~* Mirage *~*
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

:smirk: Misled Outcasts :rogue:

:naughty: "Hey! Chicks dig the Fuzzy Dude! Right?"

:rogue: "Don't you ever get tired o' listnin to yourself?"
:gambit: "Not when I'm talkin 'bout you, chere."