Jason's Eyes

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
theindigojester
Lubber
Lubber

Jason's Eyes

Post by theindigojester »

Hello everyone,
Now I know there has been a thread about the changing color of the eyes of those who are under the influence of the serum secreted from Jason's brain and all. And we have noted that their eyes turn that frosty bluish color. But I still have another question.

My friend and I were watching the DVD yet again and I think she brought up a good point, why aren't Jason's eyes both that blue color? I understand he isn't under it's influence, but wouldn't the originator of the serum have that sort of conection with the people it affects?

I eagerly await your response.
"A face only a mother could hurl into a river."
:):evokurt:moviecrawler:ultimate;)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Jason's Eyes

Post by Siona »

First of all, the blue-eye/green-eye thing is probably genetics. I have a cousin who has the same colors.

And secondly, the serum is created from his brain fluids. The silver-eyes the result from the serum ((Or "stoned-serum-eyes", as I think they look like. ;) )) comes from being controlled. Because Jason creates it, he's immune to the affects of it and cannot be controlled in that fashion.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Jason's Eyes

Post by Lady Bamf »

The silver-blue color of the affected person's eyes isn't consistant. If you'll notice, Nightcrawler's eyes retained their natural yellow color although they may have dilated more than normal or something to that effect.:shocked
Blue is Beautiful
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Jason's Eyes

Post by Warbird »

I haven't watched it lately, but I thought there was alot of blue mixed in with the yellow in that scene. I remember because the first time I saw it I had expected his eyes not to be completely yellow, but was still really suprised to see them. I thought it was a mistake at first. Like I said, I haven't wached it in a while.

However, Jason's eyes, if he was THE mastermind, shouldn't have been two colors I don't think. I'm still holding to my belife that he was supposed to be Mastermind by the way. Same power and name!!!!
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Jason's Eyes

Post by Lauren »

Mastermind is so despressing though, he died from the Legacy Virus, and in the movie he dies because his father used him...awww
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Jason's Eyes

Post by Lady Bamf »

Ok, I just checked the movie again and Warbird was correct. Nightcrawler's eyes were mostly the silver-blue color. I guess I never looked at them that closely.:rolleyes
Blue is Beautiful
theindigojester
Lubber
Lubber

Jason's Eyes

Post by theindigojester »

Originally posted by Siona
First of all, the blue-eye/green-eye thing is probably genetics. I have a cousin who has the same colors.

And secondly, the serum is created from his brain fluids. The silver-eyes the result from the serum ((Or "stoned-serum-eyes", as I think they look like. ;) )) comes from being controlled. Because Jason creates it, he's immune to the affects of it and cannot be controlled in that fashion.
I know he is immune to the effects, but wouldn't his eyes change that blue color when he is using his power (i.e. on Professor Xavier) sorta the same way Storms eyes turn white or Jeans fiery?

And I do agree that there is a difference in the color of Nightcrawlers eyes when he is in the White House. A good shot to see that would be when he looks through the doorway right befroe he runs down a hallway and takes out more guards. Also, if you do a screen by screen look at when he is shot, his eyes change color just a bit before he BAMFs off.
"A face only a mother could hurl into a river."
:):evokurt:moviecrawler:ultimate;)
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Jason's Eyes

Post by Garble »

As there were only 3 people being controled by the syrum from Jason's brain and we could only see the eyes of 2 of them, there doesn't seem to be any consitent effect on the eyes other than them changing in some way.

Professor X's eyes didn't seem to change when he was being controled by Jason directly, nor did Storm's or Kurt's (when they were in the Dark Cerebro chamber).

I believe Jason's blue and green eyes were a way of making him unique as a mutant and also a visual reminder to the audience that the little girl (also with blue and green eyes) was actually Jason's illusionary self.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Jason's Eyes

Post by SheCat »

Deathstrike's eyes were light blue when she was under the serum's control. Magneto's were as well, but I'm not sure his were blue to start out with (I think they were). Cyclops' were hidden by his visor. I'll need to check on Kurt's eyes when I get the chance.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Jason's Eyes

Post by Warbird »

Magneto's eyes were allready blue but they did make them look different. I think that the Serum eye's were necessary to show who was under the influence when Jason wasn't around. It would make sence that a chemical injected into the blood could change they body chemistry, ie eye color. There was not real physical contact when Jason was directly controlling people so there wasn't a reason for the eye color change, plus, it was obvious why they were acting all werid.

I agree that the eye's were probably done to emphasies who was Jason. I mean, people not too familiar with the Mastermind charicter could have easily been confused by the little girl at first if that hadn't been done.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy