Evo or Orginal X-men Cartoon?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.

Total votes: 0

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

talking more about things like Kappa Mikey or King Arthur's Disasters. There are a lot of animations being made like that, and not like actually full sized people walking around shooting beams out of their hands and stuff.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

But...I kinda like Kappa Mikey...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

steyn wrote:talking more about things like Kappa Mikey or King Arthur's Disasters. There are a lot of animations being made like that, and not like actually full sized people walking around shooting beams out of their hands and stuff.
Never heard of either of those shows.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neither. I like Wolverine & The X-men Nightcrawler or the one who appeared in Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends!
:D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Neither. I like ... the one who appeared in Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends!
I've heard of that, and seen a few episodes, but haven't been able to find the NIGHTY one on youtube (hint, hint).
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:
Ult_Sm86 wrote:Neither. I like ... the one who appeared in Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends!
I've heard of that, and seen a few episodes, but haven't been able to find the NIGHTY one on youtube (hint, hint).
I haven't found that one, but would you like to see the original Spiderman series from 1967? Marvel is airing the episodes:

http://marvel.com/videos/601.Spider-Man_1967_Episode_01

http://marvel.com/videos/channel/group/Spider-Man_1967

[Edited on 7/5/09 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Wowie! That's when I first decided I wanted to be Spidey when I grew up. THANKS, O Marvel Of Marvel-ous Knowledge!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

You are welcome! I grew up on that series too. Remember "Swarm"? I am just waiting for Marvel to post that one.

Isn't that the coolest theme song ever?
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Totally. I loved the violin lady playing it in Spidey 2. Used to sing it to my grandkids before naptime. *sigh*

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

steyn wrote:talking more about things like Kappa Mikey or King Arthur's Disasters. There are a lot of animations being made like that, and not like actually full sized people walking around shooting beams out of their hands and stuff.
Exactly. The stories might be good, but I don't like that kind of animation.....Fairy Oddparents, Danny Phantom...

I do like Avatar. I guess I like the more realistic stuff. They used to have a lot more of it. (Does anyone remember "Dungeons and Dragons" on Saturday mornings?)

To Elfdame: They have the video of Spiderman and His Amazing Friends/ Xmen Adventure at Amazon and sometimes on Ebay.:)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I loved Dungeons and Dragons. I actually wish they would redo it now.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I wish they would too. I really loved that show!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Jeremus wrote: To Elfdame: They have the video of Spiderman and His Amazing Friends/ Xmen Adventure at Amazon and sometimes on Ebay.:)
I checked it out, and it's VHS. Altho Dear Ol' Dad can take stuff from tape and put it on DVD. I also saw one at amazon.co.uk, but doubt my puter would play that region.

*sigh* Life ain't easy for a Spidey fanatic.

tmaximus89
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tmaximus89 »

I love x man.

[Edited on 21/5/09 by tmaximus89]
OneItalianFlower
Lubber
Lubber

Post by OneItalianFlower »

I like Evo but that's basically because I only got into X-Men through their representation of Kurt. No lie. I went and saw Wolverine a few weeks ago with my friends, having no previous knowledge of the X-Men stuff (well I knew about it but never read comics/watched series/etc) So I liked the movie, and asked my friend about X-Men...she directed me to Evo, and the cool representation of Kurt in the first episode literally kept me watching for him...now I'm actually thinking about getting the comics (or at least the TBP until I catch up).

In long-winded conclusion, I like Evo, but I also have nothin' to compare it to. :(
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I watched the original cartoon something like 5 years ago when it was aired around here.

Then I watched couple of episodes of Evo few years later, but I didn't like the drawing style and most of the plot.

So I'd say original X-men.
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Hmmm. Well, the animation of TAS, as Spastic said, was pretty much junk, but it does have that great American line style to it. Then again, I was raised upon imported anime, so when I got aquainted with Evo, I latched onto its art. But then, Evo's art is cleaner and neater...and better in general.

But honestly, the main factor for me was that Nightcrawler was a regular character and given more than one side to his personality was what did it for me. But the fact that they cut out his religion entirely kind of annoyed me (but given S&P of today, it's no real surprise...damn them!), but they did keep his big heart.

Granted, it was simple at times, but its "dumbed-down" factor is absolutely NOTHING compared to the shit that kids are forced to watch these days. Modern cartoons give no credit to kids at all for brains, even though its arguable that kids get smarter at younger ages, so to speak. My seven year-old sister won't even watch the cartoons on TV anymore without complaining to me, "Ash, can we PLEASE watch X-Men or Gargoyles on your computer? The shows on TV are ugly and kind of dumb."

Avatar and Evo share animaiton similarities, but Evo still has an American shadow to it, while Avatar is much more anime-esque (this is not a bad thing, it was BEAUTIFUL and a good show).

So, to tie off my beastly post, I gotta say Evo was a little better. It was more accesible to kids, if a little stupid sometimes and plot-hole-ridden, but it was beautiful, the dialogue was better and Nighty was part of the main cast! :clap
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."--Oscar Wilde
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

nuuuuu!!! people! vote for TAS! we're falling behind!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
lcaddict
Lubber
Lubber

Post by lcaddict »

Evolution all teh way!!!!
Mistress_D
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Mistress_D »

In terms of Nightcrawler, Evo all the way! Plus the art style of Evolution is definitely better, the lines were too thick in the original. But I have to give it up for the original, because if not for that, I wouldn't be an X-Men fan to begin with!

chicory -- the episode they're married was the take on the AoA, including a cameo from you-know-who! ;) This and the Cable saga (take on "Days of Future Past") were stand-alones. Don't remember the Magneto thing, I know they did "Asteroid M".