Evo or Orginal X-men Cartoon?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.

Total votes: 0

StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

I voted and broke the tie! Hee-hee...old X-Men all the way for this kid! Chicory...e-mail me asap!!

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I really liked :wolvie's voice in the original - very Clint Eastwood as dirty Harry (I think) And I liked his eyes. I watched the original when I was little, so I have the characters voices imprinted and the vision of giant sentinels lurking in neighborhoods and Apocalypse was the stuff of nightmares. Sinister was *so* scary I had to turn off the tv when he came on. :shudder

I thought evo was dumb when it first came out - because they'd messed up a lot of the characters (Kitty!) and it was much simplified. But, when I saw the reruns on CN it really grew on me. It was much more focused than the original on what was going on on the homefront (no interstellar battles!). It really was well done - the creators seemed to care a great deal about their characters and the finished product. Care beyond marketing I mean - and I thought they wrapped it up well.

(I hope they do as well with the next x-men cartoon - whenever it comes out!)

(And I'd make it a tie again - but I still can't decide which I like better :P)

[Edited on 5/5/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
CrazyEyes08
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CrazyEyes08 »

I wish they would put evo on again, because even though i like the original better, it would be nice to have some variety.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

If they had any marketing sense, they'd start Evo or a new cartoon right as the new movie hit the silver screen. (waits for Multiple Man action figure :whistle)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

There IS a new animated show in the works...to be made in India...unfortunately for most everyone it’s going to be a Wolverine and the X-Men show…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Wolverine and his Amazing Friends?
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Nein...nein...say it isn't so!! It must needs be "The Nightcrawler" with guest appearances by the X-Men!! :LOL

Actually...thinks hard...I could be able to sell that concept...hmmm? Lifts pen as ideas begin to hit fertile imagination! That gorgeous new avatar is just such an inspiration! (Thanks, Chic! I love it!) :idea

[Edited on 7/5/06 by StarChild]

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

If a show must be made I would prefer it to be Multiple, Strong Guy, Siryn, and Rhane, X-Factor! with random appearances by the X-Men
Chlorine
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Chlorine »

Hmm...To tell you the truth, I'm sort of annoyed by both TAS and Evo. But I kind of like Evo more...

I haven't seen much of the old cartoon, maybe five episodes. While they have good plots and such, the age of the cartoons make them cheesey, especially in dialogue. Just as I start to become absorbed in the story, somebody blurts out a line that is so lame I start laughing and can't concentrate. I also am put off slightly by the animation, which is probably because I'm young and used to a newer style.

I have seen perhaps seven episodes of Evolution. What annoys me with it is the simplicity. There are alot of stupid jokes and boring plots. But the animation looks better to me and the dialogue is more tolerable. I also prefer the way Kurt is portrayed (probably because he and I are about the same age in this case), although his accent is rather wonky.

It seems to me that here, the superiority of one cartoon series over another is largely determined by nostalgia and age range...:P
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

[quote]Originally posted by Chlorine
It seems to me that here, the superiority of one cartoon series over another is largely determined by nostalgia and age range...:P [/quote]

Well...I'm an old fart and prefer Evo, probably because Kurt's a regular and not an overly religious one-note character (that also bothered me about the movie, how they focused on just that one aspect of his personality), it didn’t focus on Wolverine (to begin with anyway) and because Phoenix didn’t showed her over-used head (how many times do we have to re-see that concept?)…though that may be because the show ended before it could get to her…she did have a cameo in the final episode after all…

And it must be said they were designed for different age groups...TAS was meant for older teens, Evo for kids...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

I used to watch the originals and I found it funny I don't know why, but I really did enjoy watching it! I didn't really know who they were properly but I got into easily enough. Then I saw the episode where you first meet Nightcrawler, I though he was so cool being able to teleport and being blue :P

Then came X-Men: Evolution and I really got into it as Kurt was more a part of it and I liked the whole showing what they were like as teenagers things, and how they coped when the world found out about them, so X-Men: E is probabbly my favourite! I think I broke the tie :o
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I finally made a decision with the 90's cartoon :D My reasoning behind it was the fact that the show covered so much ground in it's five seasons, not to mention introducing so many more characters than Evolution.. add to that the fact that this cartoon was what first sparked my interest in the X-Men all those years ago to make me the comicbook dweeb I am today:naughty:bamf
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

It's definatly a tie. TAS was more related to the comics (they even used the Savage Land in a couple of episodes!), yet Evolution had Nightcrawler in it (Well, he did appear in TAS, but only2 episodes.) TAS: Very complex. The episodes that DID have Nightie in them were strange for me as a child. Not only was I freaked out by a blue dude, but it was very in depth with God. Not many children shows are like that nowadays.
EVO: Easy to follow and did not hurt my brain! + NIGHTIE!!!! *SQUEE!* He was SO cute!
(sorry about that folks. the inner fan-girl struck again. damn you, inner fan-girl.)

Conclusion: tie. :clap

[Edited on 5/26/08 by BlueVelvet14]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by BlueVelvet14 (Well, he did appear in TAS, but only2 episodes.)
3, if you count the unaired Pryde of the X-Men episode. That episode was weird in so many ways, but Nighty was awesome in it.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I love TAS. Completely love it. Mostly b/c I grew up on it. The animation was beautiful, the character voices were amazing, the plot lines were fun to follow, and it was funny. Totally awesome cartoon.

And, on the flip side, evo drives me absolutely nuts. I've watched one episode. And I wanted to stab it. I didnt b/c it had Gambit, but still. Oh, and that brings me to another point. The voices?! zomg AWFUL. I *cringed* when I heard Rogue's and Remy's accents.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bobj1 »

ORIGINAL SHOW!!! He looks more like Nightcrawler in the original show. Not to say Evo is bad but he looks kind of weird in Evo:ultimate :) :moviecrawler the many versions of Nightcrawler
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

Originally posted by Angelique
Originally posted by BlueVelvet14 (Well, he did appear in TAS, but only2 episodes.)
3, if you count the unaired Pryde of the X-Men episode. That episode was weird in so many ways, but Nighty was awesome in it.
Yeah. Nightie sounded hot! but Colossus sounded like a complete retard :D The art was good, too!
Toxo
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Toxo »

I remember being somewhat confused when I was a kid and watched X-men cartoons. On Cartoon Network came X-men: Evolution and on FoxKids came the other one. I gave the older cartoon a few glances, but thought the art as boring and unattractive, so I went with Evolution. Though now I'm a bit curious how the older cartoon would look like in my eyes now that I'm not as picky. :D
blueberry_muffin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by blueberry_muffin »

Evo hands down. It really brings out Kurts funny side and I love the design as a teenager.:bounce
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Toxo wrote:I remember being somewhat confused when I was a kid and watched X-men cartoons. On Cartoon Network came X-men: Evolution and on FoxKids came the other one. I gave the older cartoon a few glances, but thought the art as boring and unattractive, so I went with Evolution. Though now I'm a bit curious how the older cartoon would look like in my eyes now that I'm not as picky. :D
I find that interesting that you thought that. B/c I thought that about evo. I think that the animation for cartoons has gone downhill from when I was a kid and I'm disappointed in that.
ImageImage

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

aniamtion had really gone downhill, they all mostly look like they were done in the Flash program, you know, like the games or animations you get on the internet.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Yep. Seems like no one cares enough to make them look 'realistic' anymore. thats what made cartoons so awesome for me.
ImageImage

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I agree. The animation today isn't what it used to be.

But I liked both TAS and Evolution. TAS was more like the comic versions.....(but Nightcrawler wasn't in it except for those 2 episodes).
I liked Evo because it was different. I think of it as an alternate universe and I like to see different versions of Kurt. I also like how Kurt was drawn.

Oh....and duh, I look over and see that I have an Evo avatar, so I guess that should tell you something.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Kurt was a real sweetheart in Evo. Also, he was a major character, and always around.
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Jeremus wrote:I agree. The animation today isn't what it used to be.
You're kidding right? Whenever I try to watch a show I watched and loved when I was a kid, I'm amazed at how crappy it is. Kids just don't notice that stuff. The animation in Evo is far better than in TAS. Look at my avatar. Cyclops just standing there until Wolverine is almost on him, then turning woodenly into the punch. The character design might have been more realistic, but the animation itself is junk.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir