Evo or Orginal X-men Cartoon?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.

Total votes: 0

nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

which cartoon do you like better. X-men Evolution or the orginal X-Men cartoon?
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I'd sooner watch an episode of Evo, but I think that's only because I've seen all the old ones several times.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

as much as i like X-men TAS- i would rather watch x-men EVO- because it has Shadowcat, Nightcrawler & alot of x-men characters that were not shown on tas (like Danni Moonstar)
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

The original one. I liked the art style better and I thought the plotlines were better, a little more mature. Teenage Mutant Ninja X-Men? No thanks.
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by TelegramSam
Teenage Mutant Ninja X-Men? No thanks.
Omigod, I wanna see that! :D
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i have seen the evo ones 3 times! but i haven't seen all the old x-men ones. i guess that is why i like them better.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Murdock
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Murdock »

For me, its kind of a tie-up because, oddly enough, I'm rather fond of the evo Kurt, but Kitty just annoys the heck out of me.
Saol na saol, Tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo. Go deo.
Tóg do chroí.
Siúl trí na stoirmeacha. Tóg do chroísa. Gabh trí na stoirmeacha.
Turas mór. Trom trí na Stoirmeacha. :rainy
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

I like TAS much, much better. The plot lines are more mature, more involded and evo is simpler to follow-Evo is good, simple fun. Makes you think a little, but not much. Easy to follow, easy if you skip a few episodes. TAS make you think more. Which is my favorite. Hey, I even used an episode in my Psych class for a visual aid.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Originally posted by LadyErin
I like TAS much, much better. The plot lines are more mature, more involded and evo is simpler to follow-Evo is good, simple fun. Makes you think a little, but not much. Easy to follow, easy if you skip a few episodes. TAS make you think more. Which is my favorite. Hey, I even used an episode in my Psych class for a visual aid.
cool, what ep was that,
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

Well I think one of the reasons the old series was so much better is that most of the plotlines were pulled directly from the old comic books more or less, and those were pretty durn good stories already. I distinctly remember the Phoenix episodes and I also have some memory of a Dark Phoenix arc in there somewhere as well. And the ones with Mr. Sinister and Nighty being saved from a mob out for his head, and a few eps dealing with the origin of Wolverine and his old flame Yuriko, etc. The sentinals were cool too. Well you get the picture. I *still* really wish I could find the entire series some where, but stupid marvel people won't release a proper box set of DVDs like they're supposed to. :mad

Evo on the other hand? Not so much. It's loosely based around the comics, but a lot more has been changed, and if you ask me, not always for the better. It just seems really watered down. It's funny how current children's shows are so much more "dumbed-down" these days, all the way from Sesame Street on up. It's like nobody wants to give the kids any credit at all for their intelligence. Go figure...
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Sirencool, what ep was that,
'Enter Magneto' We where talking about T.V. and how it effects kids (childhood development) and stuff. I used the episode to show how kids could learn from T.V. if it where handled properly. Great fun.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I grew up on TAS. I like Evo, but I have an emotional atatchmen to the origional. My friends and I used to play TAS at recess when we were like 6. It was the best!!!
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I grew up on TAS as well, but I cannot for the life of me watch it and take it seriously. TAS was made to be taken seriously as a kids action show...where as Evo makes no claim to this. Evo, I think, has the perfect mix of kid and adult humor. The writing in Evo is a bit wittier, and also MUCH better than TAS. TAS had some terrible writing and voice acting, where Evo seems to hit the characters voices dead on (Brad Swaille has grown on me...damn him!). I hated the way characters were drawn on TAS, especially Nightcrawler, he was bulky, his proportions seemed awkward, and the hair?? WTF, mate? Thats not even getting into Logan's hair....oy. Oh man, and if we're going to compare Kurt's......Evo Kurt is FAR superior to TAS Kurt......bah.....

*Nacht has ranted.....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I like the way that Evo kurt is animated... It ends there. What is his accent again? Oh yeah, that's right, he's supposed to be German! I'm not sure what the heck evo's is though. I like the voice they use but the accent is just sooooo rediculouse. Have you ever watched the Jacki Chan cartoon? He and Kurt have very similar accents!!!!
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Evo, gotta be evo.

TAS, IMHO, is just so very very cheesy, kinda like Nacht said..just can help but laugh at it.. plus i really like the Anime-esque style of evo better :D
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I like them both really but Evo has more originality to it. There were untold stories to be told with Evo. Unlike the TAS as it was more of the re-hashing of old comic book story lines(like the Phoenix Saga) but gave them a different twist to them altogether. I in fact prefer the Phoenix Saga of the comics than I did the TAS.

So I say EVO! :D
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I agree...I prefer Evo's orignal storylines (hmmm....maybe THAT'S why I was so ticked at the end of X2...they were setting up to tell me a story I already know).

That, and the fact that Kurt's a regular character (and not a blue-faced monk) has the odds easily stacked in its favour for me...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
EileenK98
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EileenK98 »

Evo! Evo! Evo! :) I feel like I can relate more to the characters as teenagers than as adults in TAS (even though I'm long past my teenage years myself).
"And when I reach the other side,
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can.
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again.
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain,
But I'll be back again . . ."

RIP Johnny Cash
digigirl02
Lubber
Lubber

Post by digigirl02 »

I like Evo, because it got me into x-men, but the orginal was cool too.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Me likes the older x-men series. If you mean the one which had Jubilee in the head role at the beginning. Yes i like that better than Evo.

Hmm... So if wolverine has a regenerating powers and an unbreakable exoskeleton. For what does he need an motorcycle helmet? :P (yes i know its for kids and thats why everyone wears motorcycle helmets even sabertooth, because that way kids will learn to keep their helmets on)

I hate Evo's art and voice acting. (if i hear spikes voice actor ever again, i want to die).

Yes Evo was good but not so good.

[Muokattu 27/4/06 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
CrazyEyes08
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CrazyEyes08 »

I like the original better, but evo was pretty good too, if only because Kurt was a regular character. The original was good because it was more realistic. All the characters in evo were so whiny! Especially Kitty. Ugh...
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Love your signature banner CrazyEyes!

I can't vote cause I liked them both.

They were showing reruns of the aNimated series until recently when they replaced it with power rangers :cry I only tuned in occasionly, so I didn't get to see the arcs - but I couldn't get over how many cannon characters they squeezed in!

EvoKitty had an annoying accent, especially for people who liked the character from the comix. But I :love'd all the the evo characters 'specially Kurt and Scott (and even Kitty). Spyke wasn't so bad - I don't understand why so many people didn't like him.

I watched Evo the summer that X2 came out - it's what got me to look up the backstories on the Internet in the first place. It may have been dumbed down for kids - but I thought it really took off in the second season1
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I know chic, damn Power Rangers!

I'd have to go with TAS, it may have not had my favorite character even around, but I thought the writing and voice actors were better.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

TAS, if only because I could count on it to be on the same time every week. Couldn't say the same for Evo.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

If I voted now - it would no longer be a tie :ooh: But, I still can't decide.

Fizz>There had to be a Multiple man in the animated series. I mean - they included everyone else!

When I saw Evo it was in reruns on CN at a convenient time - I had no trouble recording it - I guess that might have made it more enjoyable.

To me - I've seen TAS all disjointed with no idea what was going on. In one ep Image and :wolvie were married in the next it's the future and Cable, and then something with :magneto being their ally, and then the Phoenix Saga.

Evo was way more straightforward (and since it took itself less seriously) more fun in someways. (One of my favorite episodes was when they break into the museum - and it's the original five plus Xavier! What an homage!)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz