Alan in The Goodbye Girl

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Dark Angel »

Hey Everyone if you haven't already heared Alan is going to be in the remake of The Goodbye Girl.

It will be airing on:
Fri Jan 16 08:00P TNT
Fri Jan 16 10:15P TNT
Sat Jan 17 08:00P TNT
Sun Jan 18 08:00P TNT
Sun Jan 18 10:15P TNT
Sat Jan 24 11:30P TNT
Sat Jan 31 01:15P TNT

Starring: Patricia Heaton
Jeff Daniels
Hallie Kate Eisenberg
Lynda Boyd
Alan Cumming
Richard Benjamin

Alan will be playing Mark Bodine the off-Broadway directer who is directing the off-off Broadway production of Richard III.

If you want to know more about the movie go here:

http://thegoodbyegirlmovie.com/2004remake.htm

I'm not exactly sure if we're going to see a lot of Alan in this movie but I think it looks cute and besides aleast Alan's in it.
:D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

And I wasn't planning on watching that either! Thank you!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Warbird »

Is Hallie Eisenburg that cute little girl with the curls? I don't have cable but if it's her and Alan I'll have to find a way to see it.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by StarLightCrawler »

I was not going to watch that either but if he is in it then i will give the moive a chance. Thanks for the info and link.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

Man...they should have showed him in the commercials! Then we would be able to know these things beforehand!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Dark Angel »

You are welcome! Yes I know everytime I see the commericals I go ALAN'S IN THAT! ALAN'S IN THAT! but then get sad because they don't show him.:(

And yes I do think Hallie Eisenburg is the girl with the really curly hair.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

Yeah! Don't people know that alan sells when it comes to stuff! come on!

Oh and to get off topic...I loves Veggietales!

Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by Lauren
Oh and to get off topic...I loves Veggietales!
If you're talking about my signature then yes I LOVE VEGGIETALES!!!!!!! They are sooooooooooooooooooo funny. Larry's silly songs are just to silly!:LOL

"We are the pirates who don't do anything. We just stay home and lay around and if you ask us to do anything we'll just tell you..."
"We don't do anything!!!!!" hahahahaha
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

"Well I've never licked a chipmunk and I've never painted a rooster and I've never been to Boston in the fall!"

Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alan Cummings

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

From SuperHero Hype

Is Bob Hoskins Part of the Mask Cast? Source: London Monday, January 12, 2004

We're not sure about the accuracy of this bit, but anonymouse scooper 'London' tells us that Bob Hoskins may have joined the cast of director Lawrence's Guterman's The Son of the Mask, coming to theaters on October 15. The source says he will be playing the part of Loki's father (played by Alan Cumming), the Norse God Odin.

In the sequel to the 1994 hit, the Mask of Loki finds its way into the hands of aspiring cartoonist Tim Avery's (Jamie Kennedy) infant son. As the power of the Mask transforms him, the unthinkable becomes not only possible, but mind-bogglingly real.

:bamf

This might be funny! :D :D :D
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
_Emcee
Lubber
Lubber

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by _Emcee »

Have you seen the trailer to 'Son of the Mask'? It's just....ugh. Horrid. Alan isn't shown, which just makes it worse. *le sigh*

Aaaaaaaanyway, I'm totally looking forward to this. More Alan is always a good thing! :naughty
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by bamfchickie »

Have you seen the trailer to 'Son of the Mask'? It's just....ugh. Horrid. Alan isn't shown, which just makes it worse. *le sigh*
Yeeeeeeah, it looks pretty bad, I must admit. I had no idea Alan was in it, though. All I know is that a collective groan went up in the movie theater when that particular trailer came on the screen.
:rolleyes
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

I just thought, "Oh God, the dancing baby has his own movie." but when they said Mask 2 I gots all excited because I knew alan was gonna be in it.

bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by bamfchickie »

LOL! Yeah, being an Alan fan seems destined to wreak havoc with my movie choices. ;)

I went to see ROTK again tonight with my sister. First, we pass a poster for the Garfield movie, and I mentioned that I'd heard a rumor that Alan was going to be in it. My sister was less than impressed.

Our theater shows "trivia" questions about various movies while you're waiting for the film to start, and one of the questions was about Spy Kids 2. Once again, I mentioned that Alan was in that movie. Sis gave me the eyebrow.

Trailers start - we see the one for The Mask 2. Yep, I brought up Alan. My sister promptly chokes on her drink, then gasps, "Dear GOD! Will someone get that poor guy a new agent?!" ;)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

Aww! i really liked all the weird movies he was in! Like Spy Kids and the flintstones viva rock vegas! It shows how flexible he is! (in oh so many ways I've been told:naughty)

Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Speaking of which...

Post by Bitsy »

Since we're on the topic of Alan's movies and all, I have been doing a little research on his filmography. Has anybody seen or know about "The Aniversary Party" and/or "Goodnight, Vienna?" I saw a poster for GV and it shows Alan kissing a girl while pressing her against a gate. :naughty My right EYE for me to be that girl!!!! Some info, please and thank you!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

I've seen the anniversary Party and it is DAMN hilarious! his book even plays a little cameo at one point.

Goodnight Vienna is also called For My Baby, and sadly it hasn't been released in America yet. *weeps* But I heard it would be very soon!:D

Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Thanks Dark Angel for Letting us know about the Goodbye Girl! I cant wait to watch it!

Also, Alan does make some interesting choices for film. I wont be going to see "Son of the Mask" despite the fact that Alans in it. I had a strong dislike for the first one. However, I cant wait for Goodnight Vienna.

Ive seen the Anniversary Party, I adored it. The acting was trés well done and all over well written.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Dark Angel »

You are welcome guys. It so funny how we got a little off topic but that's ok. I can't wait to watch The Goodbye Girl it looks like a cute movie but if it's stinks hey it has Alan in it. :D LOL Also going back to the off topic thing I also got so excited when I saw the "Son of the Mask" trailor. It looked stranged but I was like ALAN'S IN THAT! ALAN'S IN THAT! I also have seen the trailor for Garfield and you know I was saying Alan's in that again. LOL Even if the movies are bad I shall suffer through it just to see Alan and maybe I'll get a good laugh or maybe laugh at how bad it is. Hahahahaha :LOL

Also go to this site, there are some 2 clips from For My Baby:

http://www.films4auction.com/previews/formybaby.asp
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by bamfchickie »

I've seen the anniversary Party and it is DAMN hilarious!
Eh, I didn't like it so much, but that's just me. I felt like it was one of those movies with a lot of Hollywood in-jokes I just didn't get. LOL ...

That said, the makeout scene with his wife in the beginning was sooo delish! I would not have answered the phone. ;)

Another good one is Titus. It's an interesting movie visually, if nothing else. Anthony Hopkins and Jessica Lange put in fantastic performances (and Alan is brilliant, IMO). And for the pervy Alan-lovers out there, there's even a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of full frontal nekkid Alan. :naughty
_Emcee
Lubber
Lubber

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by _Emcee »

This movie is, so far, quite funny. Jeff Daniels is owning this movie. Heh...

"If it really bothers you, take two sleeping pills and stick one in each ear." :LOL:LOL
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Dark Angel »

The Goodbye Girl was a cute movie. I was kinda mad Alan had a little part. He was funny. Well the whole movie funny. The ending...well I liked it and I didn't like it. I liked it because it was one of those awwwwwwww endings but I didn't like it cause they ended it where they ended it and you're like No don't stop there!!!!! LOL I also liked this movie because it took place in NYC which is my favorite city.

Did anyone notice the place where they had the car show thingie is also where the X-men went when they visited the museum in the begining of X2. I so excited when I notice that.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

I loved the way he acted about making Richard the third gay! It made me laugh a lot but then I was sad because it was so small

Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lady Bamf »

Just getting back to The Anniversary Party real quick. I have a funny story about the first time I saw it.
I had no idea what kind of movie it was when I rented it, so I thought it might be nice to spend some time and watch a movie with my mom. For the first half of the movie the only problem she had with it was the swearing.
Then things started getting inappropriate and she decided not to watch anymore but I continued to watch it. Although, she did walk in and out of the room at the points in the movie that she really didn't like.:rolleyes
I went out and bought a copy of The Anniversary Party and Tommy's Tale the next day. They are both awsome for those of you who have not watched the movie or read the book.

As for The Goodbye Girl, I am hoping to tape it tonight.
:D
Blue is Beautiful
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan in The Goodbye Girl

Post by Lauren »

I love that book...I've read it like a hundred times and i'm still going strong! *hugs paperback copy*