The mid-90's x-men cartoon

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

Does anybody know where I can find the full series for either purchase or download (please don't say kazaa or bittorrent, because I can't use either)?
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Amazon.com has several DVDs of the X-Men TAS. I'm guessing bestbuy.com would also have some volumes, I've seen them in the store. I don't think the entire series has been released to DVD though. Sorry.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

you can find everything on ebay. I have some old cartoons off it that people have taped that I bought for dirt cheap. But if Amazone and Best Buy have the DVD's that's probably a better idea. Oh, and by the way, If you do get tapes from people becareful where they're coming from. My friend got one from Australia and was told it would work in an American VCR and it didn't at all.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Australia uses the PAL system of VHS coding, while the USA and Japan use NTSC. A NTSC VHS player won't play PAL videos, nor will it play SVHS videos (that's a special kind of VHS coding used by professionals, like News channels and such, to last longer).

As to Ebay- those are illegal bootlegs if they're copies of something taped off the TV. It's one thing for someone to tape the show when they aren't able to watch it, but it's another to sell it for profit. The companies who own rights can and will sue if they catch wind of a big ring of online sellers.

I'd personally wait for everything to come out on DVD, or look at used-video stores for old VHS tapes of the show that were sold in the late 90s (it was released to VHS video, but they're no longer sold anywhere that I know of).
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I meant if they were VIDEOTAPED copies from the TV, Bunny. Not if they were brand-new or pre-viewed DVDs. Those are legal and fine.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

I have a few old video tapes (the two old ones from that Pizza Hut promotion years ago plus one with a couple episodes about the morlocks), but the problem is that my VCR died. :(

I'm aware of the wolverine DVD (that really doesn't have anything to do with the "legend of wolverine" ), but I was kind of hoping to find the episodes in some semblance of order. Ugh. Stupid FOX, why don't they release a nice box set or something? :bawl
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I found a few videos here in Australia. Volume 1 & 2. I think there the first 8 episodes of the first season.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Hi. I found this video "X-Men -- the Legend of Wolverine" in K-Mart. I think it contains episodes from the 90's show. It's actually pretty good. If you can get it, buy it.
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zuno »

I saw "X-Men -- the Legend of Wolverine" in a store close to me. It had a strange pick of Nightcrawler on the back. I have not seen him like that on the show, ever. He looked freaky :P
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

That "Legend of Wolverine" thing includes the Nightcrawler episode. Which is best watched with the sound off and your own dialogue thrown in. IMO.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well Dras, somebody has watched too much Wizard of Oz. Though if you really want to add other dialogue add that song by Weird Al that really long one about not liking sour crout and the weasels at the donut shop....i cna't remember the name.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Originally posted by Zuno
I saw "X-Men -- the Legend of Wolverine" in a store close to me. It had a strange pick of Nightcrawler on the back. I have not seen him like that on the show, ever. He looked freaky :P
You'll be glad to know he doesn't look like that in the actual cartoon.

That DVD is a little dissapointing. I wish it have more extras. Some X-men bios would be nice at least.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Theres a new DVD just come out. Its another one based on Wolverine :rolleyes

I dont remember too much, but one of the episodes is titled Ronin.
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

amazon.com has the biggest selection.

and I have to keep typing just to fill all 50 characters. blah blah blah blah blah

OOOh, I hope that's enough!
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

you can always try toys "r" us. they always have x-men videos there.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Originally posted by Bamfman
Well Dras, somebody has watched too much Wizard of Oz. Though if you really want to add other dialogue add that song by Weird Al that really long one about not liking sour crout and the weasels at the donut shop....i cna't remember the name.
It's Alberquerque from "Runs with Scissors"
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde