With all respect. Sorry X2 Fans ***Warning***

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Ok calming down. It is Alan Cumming, not Alan Cummings. No s on his last name, but thats ok. Alan is a great actor, and there is a thread that is dedicated to him here on Nightscrawlers, visit it some time. He was good in X2, but he is really skinny. I suppose he could get a little more muscle though.:scratch
one name: Bruce Campbell
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

no "s". Gotcha.

Actually I was agreeing. Yes, he's skinny. And yes it is possible for really skinny looking people to be quite strong/agile/athletic/whatever. (Hence I used myself as an example of an athlete who really doesn't look very athletic.)

cheers.
-e
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

OKEE DOKELEE! YAY, some one agrees!
Alan is a good actor, and I'm sure he'll have a bigger part next movie, just, I hope thay don't make noticable alterations to his makeup if they do, because, in X1 logans claws wrer somewhat angular on the ends, but in X2 they were tappered and smooth, do you get what I mean? They shouldn't alter things like the persons apperance unless they can give an explanation.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I can agree with both sides here; Alan is skinny, yes, especially when you look at how many obese people there are out there today. :p But Alan, alas for us fangirls, doesn't have a six-pack. So if he does do some serious fighting such as, say, that Toad V.S. Nightcrawler scene that was so painfully cut from X2, he does need to buff it up a little.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Yeah, but I don't think his body really works that way, I mean, if you read some of the X2 interviews with him, he spent a couple months strengthening his stomach and arms and stuff just to use the harness thingamajigee.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I seem to remember him having worked with Cirque de Solet for a year to build up for that harness work, but it could be an off-and-on thing that would even out to a month of constant work....

Personally, I've only know of a few actors who could do "body modification" for a role. Hugh Jackman worked out like crazy for the Wolverine role. Christopher Reeves went to the gym constantly and ate four meals a day to bulk up for his role as Superman. (They offered to make him a padded suit, and he said he'd be damned if Superman was going to have fake muscles! Gotta love the man for that! :D) And Tom Hanks doesn't so much bulk up as gain or loose weight for his roles. He gained a good 40 or 50 pounds for the overweight manager in League of Their Own, and managed to staye 20 or 30 pounds underweight for Philadelphia Story.

But aside from those notable exceptions, I really don't know of many actors who'll go to extremes for a role. And I just don't think Alan has the ability to develop six-pack abs. It just isn't going to happen, no matter how much he pushes himself. Some peoples' bodies just won't develop that way, and he's one of them.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Thats what I'm saying. But wasn't it his PTrainer that worked for Cirque De So.. The circus of the sun, sorry can't remember how to spell it in french. Alan is just one of those guys who are fit but don't look it, ya know what I mean, vern.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by zamweasel
This is like, the funniest thread I've ever read. (Made even funnier by the fact that I read the first half in the morning before going to embryology lecture which was on the formation of the "gut". Maybe you had to be there...)

I don't really have an opinion on Alan Cummings - I've seen him in things were he's been great and others where he's creepy. He's okay in X2. Actually my favorite thing about the movie version of Nightcrawler is that his costume is so excellent. I never thought I'd see a comicbook hero wearing striped bell bottoms. Ever.

There was a lot of discussion about physique and whether Alan Cummings' was right for the part. It's kind of moot now of course. That said, bodies are different. Some athletes do not get all buff and toned no matter what they do. I was a competetive snowboarder for eight years and we train like acrobats because of all the aerials. In my peak shape I could do things like leg press 400 pounds and yet I looked completely scrawny. It's just one of those things I guess.

Well, thanks for the laughs...
-e
That makes me feel all wiggly inside. This thread is my baby. ;) :kiss
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I love this thread. Heck!! I love all the threads.
One thing I hated about X2 was the fact that they left NC tail out of most of the movie.:mad
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I love this thread. Heck!! I love all the threads.
One thing I hated about X2 was the fact that they left NC tail out of most of the movie.:mad
In the commentary when Nightcrawler was watching the X-Men talk around the fire Brian said he would have liked to have his tail there, but they had to stay on there budget.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

OH ok. Thank you for that piece of info, I should go back and watch the movie with the commentary now*can't beleive I hadn't already*:oops
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I hated it at first, but grew to love it, it's one of my favorite movies now. I guess the whole mind control crap going on wasn't suiting for such a great movie such as X-Men. Also basing the whole movie about Logan was crap too. Which is why I liked the first movie better, until the second time I saw it. It kinda grows on you, like a tumor.