what's He saying?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

what's He saying?

Post by Lauren »

All right, you know the scene where Jean probes into Kurt's mind at the campfire and they go to clips of Alkali Lake? Well I was watching my DVD again today when I something jumped into my mind and wouldn't let go.

What is Kurt saying?

All I got was Gott im Himmel, but he is definetly saying something else before he screams and then it goes to him hissing and pulling away from her.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

what's He saying?

Post by Mistress D »

I noticed that too. I couldn't catch what the second this either... *goes off to watch the movie with subitles*

P.S. Sorry I didn't really help, I just felt like saying something. :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

what's He saying?

Post by Mistress D »

Well dang, I watched it with subtitles, and it doesn't say anything. *hmph* Even in the church scene. it just says "[Yelling in German]". :hrumph
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

what's He saying?

Post by Tracker »

I'm not sure what he says when Jean probes his mind, but in the church, he is apparently saying something to the effect of "Get out. Get yourself out of the house of God."
A friend of mine is taking German, but she isn't sure either.

Hope that helps.

~Tracker
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

what's He saying?

Post by Lauren »

grr I knew what he was saying in the church because I bought the book but... ARGH! Why they not say what he says with the mind probe! WHY?!!!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

what's He saying?

Post by Bitsy »

Hm....Ok, I couldn't translate a German word if my life depended on it, but I'm going to take a stab at what he was possibly saying.

"God in Heaven, have mercy on me!"
"What are you doing? STOP!"
"Let me go!"
"Damn you!" :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

what's He saying?

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Lauren
grr I knew what he was saying in the church because I bought the book but... ARGH! Why they not say what he says with the mind probe! WHY?!!!
Because the scene is entirely different in the book.

As for what Kurt is saying...I, too, only got "Gott in Himmel!". Based on that, I'm supposing it was a prayer.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

what's He saying?

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i figured it had something to do with god and heaven.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
NightTail
Lubber
Lubber

what's He saying?

Post by NightTail »

I study German at school soI kina can tell what he is saying. Dont no wether some1 as already posted this but in the church scene he says "Gehen sie raus!" Which means get out and something like I am the messenager of the devil/christ. But dont qute me on that! Any way just that y'all might want to know.....I'm gonna go get my german dictionary!:bamf
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

what's He saying?

Post by luvnightcrawler »

In the church scene I think it is-

Gehen sie raus<Get out>

Ich bin der bote des teufels<I am a messenger of the devil>

Ich bin die ausgeburt des bösen<I am born out of evil>

He was trying to scare Storm and Jean away by repeating things that were most likely yelled at him when he was back in Germany. We had a discussion kind of like this on the Hype. All I can make out is Goot im Himmel in that other scene too.
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

what's He saying?

Post by luvnightcrawler »

Hate to double post but just realized that Bamf Bunn'y link just said what I did, stupid me. I would like to apologize......
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

what's He saying?

Post by Destiny »

nien nien

i thought this is what he was saying then something else
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

what's He saying?

Post by HoodedMan »

?

If you're asking what "Nein, nein" means, it means "No, no". I don't recall him saying that in the church scene but he may have.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

what's He saying?

Post by rad_666 »

No, I'm pretty sure he never says "nein" in the church scene. Don't no what he says in the forest... I'm pretty useless actually. And proud of it. :D
*runs off to do some research*
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
HellSpawn
Lubber
Lubber

what's He saying?

Post by HellSpawn »

Gott en Himmel means God in Heaven.
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

what's He saying?

Post by Cibo »

I've finally managed to lay my hands on the X-Men movie DVDs and I must say Cumming's accent is remarkably conviencing. It's nice that they even gave him a bavarian accent (though that might actually be by chance). When he speaks German you can instantly hear he's not a native speaker but otherwise it's still very good. :kiss

In the curch he yells: "Go out! I am the messenger of the devil! I am the devil incarnate!" and later he just recites the rosary (Rosenkranz). I think that's about it, isn't it?
An excerpt of the German rosary:
Gegrüßet seist du, Maria, voll der Gnade,
der Herr ist mit dir,
du bist gebenedeit unter den Frauen,
und gebenedeit ist die Frucht deines Leibes, Jesus,
der in uns den Glauben vermehre.
Heilige Maria, Mutter Gottes,
bitte für uns Sünder
jetzt und in der Stunde unseres Todes.
(Please don't make me translate this. I'm not even catholic.)

How good is Jackman's Canadian accent anyway? I can only distinguish with ease between British and American speakers the rest is usually mere guesses mixed with holiday experiences.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

what's He saying?

Post by Angelique »

Oh, don't get me started on how to translate the Hail Mary! ;)

Gott im Himmel = God in Heaven
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

what's He saying?

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, the English translation of the Hail Mary can only be rough as it's not the original language and translation always goes that way, but here's the translation I use most often:
Originally posted by HoodedMan
Gegrüßet seist du, Maria, voll der Gnade,
der Herr ist mit dir;
du bist gebenedeit unter den Frauen
und gebenedeit ist die Frucht deines Liebes;
Heilige Maria, bitte für uns Sünder,
jetzt und in der Stunde unseres Todes.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord ist with thee;
blessed art thou among women
and blessed ist the fruit of thy womb;
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and in the hour of our deaths.
Also note that it's Liebes, not Leibes. Leib would be quite a different word all together. :P

Edit: The official version is indeed Leibes. While my version may make sense or be poetic, it is not the same prayer as is commonly known as the Hail Mary.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

what's He saying?

Post by Cibo »

Not correct.
Leib = quite old fashioned word for body
Leibes = Genitive of Leib
Frucht deines Leibes= fruit of your body/ fruit of thy womb
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

what's He saying?

Post by HoodedMan »

I've already pointed this out; please refer to the version I quoted. I find it most correct.
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

what's He saying?

Post by Cibo »

I'm really sorry, I don't know where you got that from but I still believe you are wrong or you found an oldfashioned version that only a few people are aware of.
On this website you find several versions of the Hail Mary and none of them features "Liebes" instead of "Leibes". "Liebes" doesn't make any real sense here anyway and just sounds strange.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Maria
But I made a mistake, I mixed up the Ave Maria (Hail Mary) with the Rosenkranz (rosary). So the Hail Mary ist just a important part of the Rosary. :shame
The Cooper Temple Clause
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

what's He saying?

Post by HoodedMan »

Ah, my mistake, and I edited it back in. I thought you were correcting the person above myself. You are in fact correct; I was thinking of "Leib" as belly, as that's the only context in which I have heard it, but it would indeed also mean body. So your version is the official one and most corresponds to my English translation.

"Frucht deines Liebes" would mean "fruit (lit., or offspring) of thy love", which also makes sense to me. While it may be poetic, it's not the official version. I kind of like it, though. Hm...
HellSpawn
Lubber
Lubber

what's He saying?

Post by HellSpawn »

I find Jackman's accent to be quiet a bit more American than Canadian. Might just be me though. For all I know all us North Americans sound the same to everyone else outside of North America.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

what's He saying?

Post by Angelique »

Well, it also depends very much on what part of Canada. In my former line of work as a research consultant, I was constantly on the phone with my company's contacts from all over Canada, and I've heard just as great a variety of accents from Canada as I've ever heard from the States. Just like how people from Los Angeles speak a bit differently than people from Dallas, and just like how you can find a different accent almost for every neighborhood in Boston or New York. There's enough of a variety of Canadian accents that I thought Hugh Jackman's attempt to just not sound Australian was just fine.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

what's He saying?

Post by Nachtkriec »

hey i dont know what this is in german but i am almost shur this is what he was saying:
"Gehen sie raus! Ich bin der bote des teufels" cna anyone translate that for me?
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)