And the Nominees are:......

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

X2: X-Men United was nominated for DvD of the year. It lost to Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. (the DvD awards came on the channel FX the other day)

What awards was X2 nominated for? Think it'll win? Were any members of the cast and crew nominated?

Opinions and such about awards of X2 go here
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I was hoping that X2 would be up for an Oscar or Golden Globe for makeup at the very least, but I'm not even sure when they are announced.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

yeah. i was thinking special FX or set design, since the sets are really amazing. that plastic prison? holy crap thats cool! :eek
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

They hope they at least get nominated for the speciale effects used during Nightcrawler's attack on the president! That was some awesome stuff!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

The special effects were amazing and the sets were beautifuly done, but against LOTR, they don't stand a chance. It would be great if they got a few nominations out of it though. I think that they have the best chance of winning something for makeup.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I didn't find the make-up particularly convincing. I guess it just depends what they're up against.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

I heard from somewhere that it was nominated for a People's Choice Award. I'm not sure for what area, though.
It has got to get something at the 2004 MTV Movie Awards. . . . Then again, it's up against "Return of the King"........
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

I was thinking the same thing about X2 being at the MTV movie awards. Couldn't you just see it?

Announcer: And the winner for "Best Kick Ass Fight scene" goes to..... *opens envelope* Alan Cumming in "X2: X-men United!"

:LOL

That'd be SO SWEET! Oh Rockstar! I managed to find Frodo and I stopped him from throwing our ring into Mt. Doom. *Searches pockets* Now where did I put it....

*Gollum huddles in corner, holding the ring* "My precious...Precious has returned to us!"

HEY! Come back here, you little freak! DON'T MAKE ME THROW GILMLI AT YOU!!! *Chases after Gollum*