Mutant for President!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Mutant for President!

Post by Siona »

When Magneto reversed Cerebro, the mutants who were being attacked were then recovering.

Notice that when Xavier attacks the human...a quick scene is seen where President George McKenna is...recovering?

Could this mean that McKenna's a mutant, and play a hand in a plot in a later movie?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Mutant for President!

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well i'm not sure of that. They do show him looking up but does not seem like he is recovering from the last attack.
Though it could be. I can't realy tell. Though if it is then it could realy put a twist in the movie.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Mutant for President!

Post by Lauren »

Actually, it looks more like he's all dizzy and feeling woozy from the ringing noises that are probably going on in his head.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Mutant for President!

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

I'm not sure, but if he was a mutant that would be quite an awesome plot twist.First mutant in office. I wish the prime minister was a mutant, everything would be a lot more fun...or worse...that is, if mutants were real.

*shuts up*
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Mutant for President!

Post by Lauren »

But if he was a mutant, why would he start to take a stand against them near the ending before Xavier came and gave him the files? Wouldn't that make him a self hating mutant?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Mutant for President!

Post by Siona »

I doubt that he even knew he was a mutant at that time. Maybe after he read the files, he starts to put the pieces together and theeeeen...

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Mutant for President!

Post by Northstars Love »

I seriously thought this thread was to vote in a Mutant for Prez instead of re-electing Bush!:LOL

Nighty for Prez! I'd vote for him!:P
AquaFlame
Lubber
Lubber

Mutant for President!

Post by AquaFlame »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
I seriously thought this thread was to vote in a Mutant for Prez instead of re-electing Bush!:LOL

Nighty for Prez! I'd vote for him!:P
LOL, well ur not the only one who thought it was for voting on which mutant to be president.

But I never caught that one part where they showed the president after the cerebro attack on the mutants. And I don't have the movie (yet) to watch it and find out. *sighs* Oh well. I'll just have to wait to find out.
"What?! Boom-Boom?! You're gonna place my life in the hands of a maniac?" Kurt from Evo.
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Mutant for President!

Post by Zix »

You never know, he could have been in denial about being a mutant. You can sometimes find that people are very intolerant to out groups that they actually belong to.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Mutant for President!

Post by hilowey »

WHOOO! Nighty for president!...oh, wait...wrong topic.

Yeah, I did notice that before. Wouldn't Xavier have seen him in cerebro and tried to get him to come to the school or something? I dunno..

...and if he WAS a mutant, who do you think it is?:smirk
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Mutant for President!

Post by Salinea »

It would probably depend on where the president lived as a child. Xavier most definitely couldn't take in every possible mutant child in the U.S. so if McKenna lived all the way in California he probably wouldn't be taken into the school.
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Mutant for President!

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by Zix
You never know, he could have been in denial about being a mutant. You can sometimes find that people are very intolerant to out groups that they actually belong to.
That's very ture. Sometimes what people fear (or hate) most in other is what they see in themselves. But he didn't seem too bad-after all he seemed very upset at the thought of a mutant child getting hurt. Could have been the fact that it was a child though.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Mutant for President!

Post by Ziox »

Maybe but don't you think if he was a mutant that they would have made it more clear in the moive but on the other
hand he could be come a side plot for X3
if he is a mutant.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Mutant for President!

Post by Northstars Love »

It could be possible. But it is something that would have to be worked into the next film. I wouldn't mind seeing people's reactions to a mutant president they elected into office.