Stryker's magic potion!!!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Just had to write something up on this.

Anyone notice that during the White House scene, right when Kurt's about to stab the Prez, you can barely see that the iris ((colors)) of his eyes are milky white? This is also seen when he looks through a door beforehand, snarls, and runs out on all fours.

Then, when he is shot, they're returning to normal; not quite the golden you see later, but definitely yellow.

Well, this happened apparently to Deathstrike, too, in two scenes.

1) When Stryker's talking to Xavier and the effects of the serum is rubbing off. Most of the time you see her, her eyes are also white. But just when Stryker walks over to her, you can see her eyes are, indeed, brown! Of course, they return to white when she is reintoxicated ((word?))

2) Just at her death. Deathstrike looks at Logan and you can see her eyes go to brown again.

I'm guessing the same is true with Mags, but I haven't had time to reevaluate that scene. :oops

Anyone notice anything else about the serum?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I never noticed that their eyes changed at all, but that's because I wasn't exactly looking that... high up. For shame... but now that I'm looking at the scene again, they do, do that.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I noticed with Deathstrike definitely. My cousin pointed it out to me for Nightcrawler.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Siona
[eye color changes]
Too bad Scott never takes off his visor while he's controlled.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Yeah i have seen that. Though i have watch the moive countless times by now.
As frist i though they could not talk but that was killed when i seen Stryker give Magneto the serum and started asking him questions.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LadyBamf »

Originally posted by Siona
I'm guessing the same is true with Mags, but I haven't had time to reevaluate that scene. :oops

Anyone notice anything else about the serum?

~Siona
Yup, Mags eyes change too. You only get a small peek of them but they are that blue-ish color.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Yeah I noticed that too. It's a cool effect and makes it more obvious that they aren't in control of themselves.....I first noticed Deathstrikes eyes were unnatually light blue, and then the second time i saw the movie, i noticed Kurt's eyes wheren't yellow. I think in the part where he's shot, as he bamfs away, his eyes turned yellow again but I'm not sure.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

I noticed that last night! When nightcrawler was about to stab the prez and I paused it at the part when he got shot (the close up of his eyes) and noticed the yellow. I thought that was really cool.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

is that why Deathstrike wore glasses when she went the the White House with Stryker? So that they wouldn't notice the unnatural color?

you can really see that Nightcrawler's eyes are different when he peeks from behind the door during the attack in the White House.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Yep, everyone's eyes go ice blue when they're doped on Jason Juice. Just one of the several hundred "hey look my eyes are different" moments in the film. It's one of the more overused elements, I think, to the point where this important clue is lost in the mix.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
It's one of the more overused elements, I think, to the point where this important clue is lost in the mix.
At times X2 seemed to be squeezing as hard as possible to fit everything in (and it still ran well over two hours). True, all the information you need is set up somewhere; but it's easy to overlook.

The eye color seemed especially unnecessary. All four characters we see controlled act dramatically different - Nightcrawler becomes confident, even contemptuous and sadistic, where elsewhere he's gentle and shy. Magneto's a passive ragdoll under the influence; Scott stops being a wimp. We don't see much of Lady Deathstrike, but she's unmistakably disoriented when she snaps out, and the squirt Stryker gives her obviously brings her back in line. The visual changes just weren't needed.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

True, but the effect was cool. The only reason it din't really have much effect was (in my opinion) because they already have enough trouble with eye-color. Both Jean and Storm change their eye color when using their powers and Logan's just seem to change throughout the entire film (about half the time they're green. In several scenes, they're brown. My cousin thought thatthey wre blue once).
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

If a person's eyes look intermittently brown and green, they're hazel. Lighting effects eye colour as much as contact lenses for some people.

And yes, the problem was overusing the eye effects... like I said. o_o
Bunny's got it - they overdid it and actually muddled the message instead of clarifying it.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Also, Amanda wants to know why Scott's eyebeams weren't blue.
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Salinea »

Scott's eyebeams, his power shouldn't have turned blue because he unleashes a certain type of blast. The frequency of the lightwaves and energy that make up the beams turn them red. The frequency would have to be intensified for the color of the beams to change to blue and Strykers drug doesn't change the effects/ color of a person's power, just the color of their eyes to show that they are under the inflence. If we could actually see Scott's eyes, they would be blue (I believe his eyes were blue before he got his power so if he didn't have the eyebeam power then it would be difficult to tell that he is under Strykers control)
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

I don't know if I agree with that. Originally, Scott's eyebeams were solar-powered, because all the damn mutants were solar-powered in the sixties. Lately the fad is to be connected to another dimension - like Nighty. I've read that Scott's eyes are portals to another dimension of pure energy, and the rest of his body (even his eyelids) are impermeable to it. The eyebeams wouldn't be blue because they have no impact on the 'energy dimension' in question.

Incidentally, I always pictured Scott's eyes as horrible swirling infernos of red ouch.

Hey, here's a question. In the old comics, I remember reading that Scott can "burn out" of energy after a certain point. (This is when he was still solar.) So, why wouldn't he open his eyes into the ocean or something, somewhere "safe," until they run out? Then he could have a non-visor'd reprieve for a while.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

I read that too - probably because back in the days when he could 'burn out' he was, like you said, solar powered. If he stood on the beach and did that, he'd just keep sucking up more sunlight so it wouldn't work. Finding someplace out of the sun where he could let loose without destroying something would be more of a challenge - but you'd think he'd make the effort, wouldn't you? I didn't realize that they'd changed him to being a dimensional portal. I'm not sure if that's better or worse....

Personally, I rather liked Alex and his 'cosmic rays'. *giggle* And the costume. Major chuckles. Boy do tastes and styles change over the course of 30 or 40 years.

As for that eye thing in the movie, it did seem a bit over-used. They just had too many eye things going on - I think someone had a bit of a fixation.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Another question I have; it took only a bullet to wake NC out of his "trance". Yet both Cyclops and Yuriko got the holy shee-at beaten out of them, and it seemed like there was no effect.

Explanations?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Maybe Kurt's dose had already started to wear off, as he'd been sneaking around in the trench coat for awhile, so it didn't take as much to "wake him up."
*BAMFgal*
Lubber
Lubber

Scott just keeps going...and going...and-

Post by *BAMFgal* »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
I don't know if I agree with that. Originally, Scott's eyebeams were solar-powered, because all the damn mutants were solar-powered in the sixties. Lately the fad is to be connected to another dimension - like Nighty. I've read that Scott's eyes are portals to another dimension of pure energy, and the rest of his body (even his eyelids) are impermeable to it.
Hey, here's a question. In the old comics, I remember reading that Scott can "burn out" of energy after a certain point. (This is when he was still solar.) So, why wouldn't he open his eyes into the ocean or something, somewhere "safe," until they run out? Then he could have a non-visor'd reprieve for a while.
I read about the burning out thing too, but I heard it with a differnt twist. The theory is that Scott's eye beams are pure energy that Scotts body somehow converts to the beams. Hence, if he "burned out", his energy would be really drained and he would be weak to the point of unconciousness. This would explain why he never tried to intentionally burn himself out.
(I think he "Burned out" once in Evo-when he was fighting the escaped Juggy and the beams didnt affect him, and Scott kept blasting until he passed out, presumably from energy drain)

Has anyone else heard of this one?

(Sorry I know this is really :offtopic but I couldnt resist!)
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass(CCCC) #39!

:engarde

Get Cursed At In Grand Elizabethan Style!!