I'm New and need the assistance of Nightie Fans!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Greetings, Nightcrawler fans! I am recently a new fan since I saw the movie and fell head over heels in LOVE with that adorable blue elf! :) (Whoever made the smilies, I LOVE YOU!)

Anyway, I need some assitance. Although I just recently bought the DVD and am trying very HARD to memorize all Kurt's scenes, I need to know if anybody can tell me where I can find a copy of the script from the movie. I'm writing a fan fic called "Fate." It's basically a retelling of the movie through Kurt's eyes. Also, I'm throwing in some fillers and scenes I felt SHOULD have been in the movie. ;) If this is not possible, then it's cool. It's great to be here anyway!

Well, I don't want to wear out my welcome too much. Please respond soon, okey dokeys?
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Depends what you mean. The Art of X2 book - I got mine from Bud Plant, but you can also turn them up on eBay - has a shooting script, but some modifications were made between the version in the book and what you see on the screen. Since you have the DVD, you should be able to work out most of the differences.

If you're looking for the German Kurt uses, the translation guide right here on NightScrawlers may be more help. (In one of Alan Cumming's interviews, he mentions being excited that he was getting more lines, and crestfallen when they turned out to be the Hail Mary in German.)

If the Art of X2 book is too hard to find, or out of your price range, you might fall back on the X2 novelization by Chris Claremont. Claremont wrote the best-known incarnation of the X-Men and works in a lot of backstory not present in the movie. He also includes all the dialogue, verbatim, from whatever script he was working from. (As above, what you read may not be exactly what's on the screen.) On the downside, the prose is genuinely wretched.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Welcome to the Board...

You can look to the novelization of the film by claremont.. he fills in a lot of the holes not in the film, plus some scenes we didn't get to see. Though his ending is different...

For one version of the script you can get the Art of X2 book... it has pictures and various other info from the movie... The hardcover version I believe has the script in it... not sure if the softcover does...

For online buying check Amazon.com... otherwise check your local book store.

Best of luck

-----------------------

Ahh beat me by seconds..... :D
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Oh yes, I very well aware of both of these books. In fact, I bought the novel yesterday. :D I just love the part where Kurt tells Storm that he likes saying her name. Although I haven't read the whole thing, I did thumb through all of Kurt's parts. I guess I can use that for reverance. I just didn't want to do injustice to the movie, if you understand. Besides, I'm doing my OWN "deleted scenes," which might be kind of nice. :) I already wrote a few paragraphs, if anybody is interested in reading it. I thank you very much for you help!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

WELCOME TO NIGHTSCRAWLERS!!!
yes yes, please post your story. It sounds very intriguing.

You may want to check out **Northstar's Love**'s site called Nightcrawler heaven (nightcrawlerheaven.net). On the site, there's the script to a deleted scene involving a Nightcrawler and Toad fight. Check it out!

Have fun and welcome to our obsession!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)