X2 Prequel:Nightcrawler Comic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

I saw the Nightcrawler prequel comic on the DVD. I wanted to know where I could find every image from that comic or where I could find it.If anyone has it,can you please post all the images from it.

Thanx.:)
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Salinea »

Well at the barnes and nobles site you can get a lot of xmen related comics including the X2 movie adaption comic: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... en+2&SRT=R

However, we would be disobeying copyright laws so legally bestowed upon trademarked merchandise if we copied all of the images within the X2 movie comic.
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You can go to Walden's and but the anthology of comics (movie comic, wolverine prequel, and Kurt Prequel) Dude I think there's a thread in here about this already see if you can find a mod to combine the two but I'm not sure.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

We have some images here: category.php?cid=67

its not all the comic but you can check some.
you can also order it online in some comic store or amazon.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Yeah. It's worth the 5 something dollars I paid for it. It's a really well done comic, and plus, it's written by Austen!
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

http://www.livejournal.com/community/fuzzy_bluelf/

this place had pictures of the pages but I don't think they'll be up for long. Just search through the messages and they have links. They'll be gone soon so look at them before their gone.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

That's what I'm looking for! Thanx D.A!
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Hi. I bought the X2 Prequel graphic novel type "thing" in a bookstore. It was very good & had a nice story with Nightcrawler in it. Buy it, it's pretty good.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Yeah i would like to get that. I hope to get it soon. Sound like it will be a good comic to get. I'm restating my comic collection and i think that would be a good one to get.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
*BAMFgal*
Lubber
Lubber

Post by *BAMFgal* »

I love you guys...this was just the info I was looking for! I saw Chuck Austin on the DVD, talking about the Nightcrawler prequel comic, and it looked SOO good...and I have been looking everywhere...but I didn't realize the Nightcrawler prequel was included in the "official movie adaptation" comic!! SQEEE!! :D
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass(CCCC) #39!

:engarde

Get Cursed At In Grand Elizabethan Style!!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Yeah, they released a trade with the movie adaptation, the Wolverine prequel and the Nightcrawler prequel like six months ago or more, not sure, but its already out.
Sorry for the large link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I just picked this up -- didn't realize the two stories were attached at the end.

Did anyone catch that Nightcrawler in the movie said that he was captered at the church, when in the comic he was captured in the middle of the forest?

What up, guys?:?
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
theindigojester
Lubber
Lubber

Post by theindigojester »

Well, the Nightcrawler in the prequel comic was captured in the church. He was there when Mutant 12 began to create illusions in his mind that led him away from the church and into the forest where he was physically captured. So it would make sense that the Nightcrawler in the movie said that he had been at the church before his "amnesia".
"A face only a mother could hurl into a river."
:):evokurt:moviecrawler:ultimate;)
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

It's pretty obvious that the prequel has only the slightest resemblance to what happened in the film. It's like when people say X2 was "based on" God Loves Man Kills.

*wonders again which lucky guard had the job of cleaning the spunk off the cell walls after Kurt's "wedding night"*
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
It's pretty obvious that the prequel has only the slightest resemblance to what happened in the film. It's like when people say X2 was "based on" God Loves Man Kills.

"*
On the DVD (extra disc) they talked about it, that because there was no set past for Nightcrawler, they had the freedom they needed to make their own version of what happend before the movie.

Sure he doesm't look the same as in the movie nor quite as old, obviously, but it is to give people an idea of what happened before the attack on the president, it didn't have to be exact when it came to matching it to the movie. All artists have their own way of drawing characters.

I loved the prequel, myself.
*wonders again which lucky guard had the job of cleaning the spunk off the cell walls after Kurt's "wedding night"*
:yuck Now that's something I don't want to know.:LOL
one name: Bruce Campbell
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Meh, I gotta agree with Dras. It really doesn't make much sense in relation to the film. Chuck must not have been paying too much attention. Kurt apparently was never in Boston, and wherein in the film it appeared that he'd been living in that church... notsomuch in the prequel. I think in the film it was pretty obvious that he was on his own in the country. Claremont's background story for the novelization made a lot more sense... but I guess wasn't nearly as melodrama interesting enough for a comic adaptation.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Claremont's background story for the novelization made a lot more sense... but I guess wasn't nearly as melodrama interesting enough for a comic adaptation.
What did the the novelization say?
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

It said that he came to America to audition for Barnum and Bailey but got turned down, but just kind of hung around anyway. Better explination in context of the film at least, even if Chris is most certainly not the best writer of novels I've come across by any stretch. :bamf

"Put ___ to shame!"
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

The novelization was pretty damn good. The only thing that bugged me about it was when they siad he had a forkedtail:X

Basically the book is the same as the movie, but w/extra and different ending.

Again, just like movies and their book counter parts, they are never quite the same. It is rather hard to make it that way (goes for both prequel and noveization)
one name: Bruce Campbell
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Tracker
Claremont's background story for the novelization made a lot more sense... but I guess wasn't nearly as melodrama interesting enough for a comic adaptation.
What did the the novelization say?
That Kurt was taken over to America for an offering by the Ringling Bros. to join their circus. He's turned down but remains in Boston for the sights. Then he's kidnapped by Stryker and so forth.

It does give explanation for why Kurt's posters were there.
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Sorry, I'm building up quite a reputation as a thread necromancer- but I thought people would prefer that to me making new threads? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was watching X-2 and reading the prequel comic a bit more in depth and trying to reconcile the two. But I'm still left with some questions. I guess we're left to assume that there is... a significant passage of time from the comic to the movie?

I did find it interesting that one of Kurt's posters read "First time in America"- I thought that implied that the circus was actually in the states when he was captured or something... I don't know... I guess it wouldn't make sense for him to have his posessions if that's the case.

How long do you suppose his 'training' with Stryker lasted? From the comic- the only time frame we have is like... the growing of Lady Deathstrike's hair. Which... mutant healing factor and all is a poor way to gauge the passage of time. Heh.

I've got more questions, but I guess I'll wait until someone decides whether I should even be posting in a 4 year old thread. :)
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

~I have absolutely nil in the way of canon knowledge, so bear with me.~

I'd assume that with Kurt, being a circus performer for as long as he has been--or so we're led to believe, he'd carry around the things that meant something to him. In the movie, being a circus performer seems to be his main part in life *cough*fetish*cough* and so I'd just assume he'd collect things that reminded him of that.

As for how long he stayed with Stryker, best guess I'd give it is less than three months. Nighty doesn't seem to have had the length in captivity, if you will, to remain stuck on the experience, but he also doesn't have the opposite effect. Now, that may come from the natural course of memory resurfacing that semms to occur if one is left long enough without this Special Sauce Stryker carries around (and forgive me again, but isn't that a real good way to have it taken from you?).

I do agree with the_love_bamf, though, giving us passage of time by way of showing us the hair growth of a regenerative mutant is not the smartest idea. Way to go, novelization geeks.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Right- I reread my post and realized I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

I meant to say, if Kurt was with his circus in America- was captured in the church by Styker- put through the 'training' - let loose on el Presidente, and then he ran back to the church... err... well then why *are* his things there?

And if he was captured in Germany... did they... brainwash him- let him loose (unknowing of anything)- then catch him again later? That seems like a poor way to guard your investment.

I think it's implied that the events on the Nightcrawler prequel comic (like the Wolverine comic) are supposed to be pretty close to the start of the movie. Of course- this just leaves more questions. The tattoos? When did those happen? All at once (owch.) or over his life (seems to make more sense...) he's not shown having anything of the sort in the comic (which body wise is a much more canon Kurt) so again, the time frame is skewy.

I know... the answer to all of this is "the two don't line up, the comic artists took liberties"... but... geez... I sorta wish they hadn't. No wait... that's not true. I really love the comic a lot- I think it really shows off Kurt as fans love him (I'd rub his belly!) but... it's all but impossible to reconcile the comic with the movie- which seems... strange. Since it's... supposed to be the same.... everything. Erm.
Image Image
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

To answer, best I can see logically possible--

It'd make sense to me that his things were there. if he was at the church after being refused by whatever circus he was going for, I'd assume he'd take his stuff with him. And as it's a condemned church--now that has a nice ring to it--I really wouldn't see too many kids breaking in to get some posters they likely didn't know were there.

The tattoos he explains by way of saying 'one for every sin.' now, that I take to mean that for every sin he's honestly thought about and judged to be serious, he's made a little mark. so I'd say over a lifetime. As for them not appearing in the prequel comic, I'd just say that it's easier to make him look furry in ink than irl, and since they really can't feasibly apply fur to all parts of you for a movie, they had to have something else that made him visibly different from both common people and Mystique.

Any way you slice it, the two won't match up exactly.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

So- in the "Went to audition for an American circus" timeline- where does Stryker fit in? Before or after? In either case- how did he get/retrieve his belongings?

Goodness~ why didn't the movie and comic makers sit down and consider the fact that 4 years after the fact, obsessive fans would be trying to make sense of it all? ;)
Image Image