Sorry Evo Fans

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

I apologize first of all to those who seem to really enjoy X-men Evolution and may even write from really good fanfics or draw fanart using the characters but...

I absolutely detest that show. No, I do more than destest, I despise it with all of my heart and soul.

Why? I'm not too sure myself except for the annoying way they portray Kurt falling for Kitty and how he's always hugging his image inducer and using it like he's addicted to it like a junkie to a particular drug you know?

I guess I'm just a fan of movie and comicverse Kurt but I just find the idea of Kurt saying, "Vhacked up, yo." and "Everyone loves the fuzzy dude." a bit annoying and childish and quite frankly, it makes my skin crawl when my friends mention that show.

Again, if I have offended anyone, I apologize. This is simply my opinion on the subject of this so-called hit show Evolution.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kazifasari »

I can understand you hateing it. But I really don't think this thread is necasarry. Because even though you don't want to offend anyone, I'm sure you are (myself included) this is just kind of thread that starts big mean arguements. And besides no one says you have to visit this part of the Forum. Most of this site is devoted to comic and movie Kurt. So PLEASE! don't come to this part of the forum unless your a fan. And with the threat of Evo being canceled saying that here won't win you bonus points with the fans. they'll just view has someone who does the "Annoying Chichen Dance of Joy" when it is.

SOOOOO Please don't come here unless you have something NICE to say about the show in general.

If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

Well...I do have to admit, I did enjoy the episode when they first introduced Rogue.

As for starting the thread; I thought I was opening one to discuss the shows flaws and pluses.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Kazifasari
SOOOOO Please don't come here unless you have something NICE to say about the show in general.

If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
I think Lauren's ok with expressing what she deems bad about the show, Kazi. You yourself have done it here: viewthread.php?tid=1941 , so please, don't be a frelling hypocrit. At least she was able to convey her feelings without cursing in her post.

Dave Cockrum has expressed similar views to Lauren's on them mucking up Kurt's personality. I think there's a thread in his forum about it.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by kurtlover »

Yes interesting thread, and this is a place where everybody respects different opinions and point of views, but please try to keep it civil, i guess we are old enough to discuss it on a reasonable way, don't missunderstand me, i'm just saying this as a possible warning if things turn ugly, ok? ;)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

I fully understand that, and I had no intention of just making a thre for the sole purpose of bashing other people's opinions with my own. I just happen to feel that making Kurt say childish slang with his German accent, and make him totally dependent on his image inducer is not good.

Kismet
Lubber
Lubber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kismet »

It's also meant to be a children's show. There are so many different ways that X-Men in general are being portrayed, it's reasonable to create another 'unlikely but still occasionally amusing' series.

Multiple universes, or realities, are a great way to open up the imagination. "What if...," "It could have been...," ect. keeps us thinking about the endless possibilities that are out there.

Besides, I know some very devote Elf-fans that never would have known the world of the swashbuckler if it wasn't for a curiousity for the slightly annoying, self-esteem-issued young man.

(And anyone getting a sense of Deja Vu, I concur. This is a topic often touched upon on this board, I would believe, keeping in mind it's high member-count, ect. But it's still a good topic, none-the-less.)
Kurt: “I must owe you a couple dozen cases of beer…â€Â
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

Honestly, if you had an imagine inducer and looked like that wouldn't you use the hell out of it? Evo-crawler isn't suave or debenair (sp?), but it's sure funny when he tries. This crawler seems more realistic; he is a bit unsure, a bit naive, and a bit annoying. Whether realism in a show about superheroes is important is debatable. Yet, I would hate the other side of the spectrum. I remember reading the book about the uber-hero, Beowulf, and was more bored than anything else. Take your pick though, its all about personal preference.
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

Yes, but my only point is that it can be quite annoying with him sometimes. and one question I have is this; if he's in the school with other mutants who know what he looks like why does he STILL wear the image inducer?

Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Salinea »

he wears the image inducer because he goes to a public school where there are both mutants and non mutants. It's kinda odd as to why they would live at the Professors school (when some of them have family near by)...but it acts more as a dormatory like place. The mutants at the school pretty much know of each other but the non mutant students either don't know of some of the mutants (a few were exposed) and as far as i know, the students at the public school really don't know what Kurt looks like without the image inducer.
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

I understand that. but one time when my friends held me down to watch an episode, he was at Xavier's mansion and he was still wearing the image inducer. Why would he need it if he's not in the public's view:?

spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by spinifex »

Some of that could just be inconsistent animation. I've seen scenes where he's wearing his image induced 'clothes' in his 'real form' instead of the circus uniform. I've also seen flat out mistakes like inking in black pupils, keeping the eyes brown when not image induced, etc.

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

Another option is that, even in a house full of mutants, he still doesn't feel like he fits in so he hides behind the inducer. This isn't, after all, comic Kurt. This is a teenager with all the issues that go with that phase - no offense to all the teens on the board. But let's face it, one of the big 'instincts' of adolescence is trying to fit in. Sometimes it almost seems like a herd mentality. They may all be mutants together, but the rest of them are all passers. He probably got sick of Kitty jumping out of her skin every time he came around a corner, and I would bet some of the new mutants did the same. (That's scary, I'm talking as if this were real. Oh well, you get the point.)

Anyway, I see his reliance on the image inducer both at school and at 'home' as totally believable. As for the Kitty thing. I've never really seen the whole romance bit there and I really tend to dislike fics that portray him as desperately worshipping her perfect and unnattainable beauty. (Stupid since I'm writing a Kurtty at the moment. So I'm inconsistent. Sue me. *g*) In the actual show it seems more to me like he's trying to get her to accept him, not crushing on her. After all, they have to live and work together, so having her perpetually freaked in his presence has to be a bit hard on his ego. I think the writers recognized that and so made him quite naturally, overcompensate.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Originally posted by Lauren
I apologize first of all to those who seem to really enjoy X-men Evolution and may even write from really good fanfics or draw fanart using the characters but...

I absolutely detest that show. No, I do more than destest, I despise it with all of my heart and soul.

Why? I'm not too sure myself except for the annoying way they portray Kurt falling for Kitty and how he's always hugging his image inducer and using it like he's addicted to it like a junkie to a particular drug you know?

I guess I'm just a fan of movie and comicverse Kurt but I just find the idea of Kurt saying, "Vhacked up, yo." and "Everyone loves the fuzzy dude." a bit annoying and childish and quite frankly, it makes my skin crawl when my friends mention that show.

Again, if I have offended anyone, I apologize. This is simply my opinion on the subject of this so-called hit show Evolution.
*Neko starts getting pissed* Grrrr...Ok...your asking for it...
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

How am I asking for it?

Anyway...

Now, I can kind of understand the adolencse needing acceptance thing in a way, but it does kind of conflict with him saying "Everyone loves the fuzzy dude." If he makes comments like this, wouldn't that mean that he likes the way he looks?

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

How am I asking for it?

Anyway...

Now, I can kind of understand the adolencse needing acceptance thing in a way, but it does kind of conflict with him saying "Everyone loves the fuzzy dude." If he makes comments like this, wouldn't that mean that he likes the way he looks?
Or maybe he's trying to convince himself, or appear self-confident? You've never known anyone to say something like that facetiously, regardless of what they might really think of themselves. And, if I recall, that sort of comment was prompted at least once by Kitty making some derogatory comment towards him. Tongue in cheek perhaps? Besides, it's kind of a cute image of the insecure teenager maybe starting to become the debonair swashbuckler of the comics. After all, comic-Kurt wore his image inducer for quite a while before deciding not to hide behind it any more - and he was an adult when he made that decision. Also, I've gotten the impression that comic-Kurt is also known for using humor to deal w/the problems generated by his appearance. Admittedly I've only read the 4 volumes of Essential X-Men, a few Excaliburs and recent Uncanny from about 428 on, but his comic personality doesn't seem that far off from Evo-Kurt once you adjust for the age difference.

Boy, should it scare me that I have an opinion on this? Anyway, off to have a life...for a little while anyway.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

lol, hey having opinions on comics and cartoons is very crucial to human development. How else do we get to form our own opinions and ideas?

Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

I enjoy Evolution, but some things do bug me from time to time. I do think Kurt's personality can cross that line from outgoing to annoying. Sometimes the animation can be a bit crude too. Overall I enjoy the show...It makes me like Scott!
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

lol, hey having opinions on comics and cartoons is very crucial to human development. How else do we get to form our own opinions and ideas?
That's a pretty valid viewpoint for your average teen. The problem is I'm 35 and the mother of 3, the oldest of whom is old enough to also be a Nighty fan. I find it somewhat disturbing that I'm rather obsessed (yes, I admit it) with a kids TV show. Doesn't stop me though.:LOL
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by NightPoofer »

I think that the show EVO was written very well, seeing how it was aimed for the younger viewers. I think I like the show because, it makes me feel like a younger me. I think that's the reason that I have that opinion.

I guess that it is a bit strange that Kurt does hog his inducer too much but it's kinda like when you get your very first acne pimple. You feel uneasy and want to hide it, or at least that's how many of my friends thought it felt that way. That's the way I explain the reason he doesn't have much self confidence about what he looks like.
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by spinifex »

Man, if only I had an image inducer when I had my first pimple....

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by NightPoofer »

On the why Kurt acts all weird around Kitty because he likes her. Most kids do some crazy things. I know a few people who have done some unmentionable things to impress a girl. Or if you were younger, you could think of it as Kurt's very first crush. How did you act when you were around your crush? :smirk
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kazifasari »

I've notice that lot of comic-Kurt fans "HATE" Evo-Kurt because of the image inducer thing. Well theres some differences in the stories that one has to take note before they deside to hate the character.

1 Religion: In the comics Kurt is very religious. This helps him forgive those who hate him. And helps him completey deal with his appearence. However in Evo theres absolutly no refrence religion what so ever. Because of parental issues, the creators of Evo couldn't have any real religious things about it. If Kurt had the same view of life as he did in the comics it would have to at least mention the religion issue. So if Evo-Kurt was perfeclty fine with his apearence it would make absolutly no sence in a religous way, cause there is no real religion in the show.

2 Age: Because Kurts a teenager in Evo, he's gonna think and act like one. If theres one thing almost all teens have in common its the disire to fit in and be considured normal. Kurts never been normal, and he's been shunned because of it. So the chance to (in his mind cause he doesn't yet realize the true meaning of the word) be normal is like a miricle. And gives him a chance to live a more "normal" life for a change. But in the comics he's an adult so he's gonna have more mature views about being "normal"

3 Pasts: In the comics Kurt was a circus performer before joining the x-men. I highly doupt Evo-Kurt was. I think we can all agree that Evo-Kurt would be more use to his appearence and how people view him if he was, but he isn't.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by NightPoofer »

good point you got there Kazifasari. I think your right about Kurt and hit it dead on.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

actually, i thnik someone told me he was in the circus *shrug* no matter. The only other thing that bothers me is the use of slang 90 percent of the show. I'm sorry, but no one in my high school says "yo, whacked up, homie" or any of those anymore. It just seems silly to make kurt say them with his German accent.