Is Nightie a virgin?????

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
liz
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by liz »

As a devout catholic I can honestly say that not everyone shares the idea of no sex before marriage, you can be a follower of catholicism and still have sex. Movie Kurt seems very shy and introvert so I'd have to say that yeah he is a virgin. But then again it could only be that he has just met the rest of the gang that he is so shy. Hopefully X3 will persue a Storm/Nightcrawler relationship. Here's hoping
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Siren
comic nighty isnt a virgin (as someone said) Amanda Sefton, & i think the evil woman was Anjuli or something (i just got that comic), i dont know but did he do anything with Cerise
x2 nighty i dont know- maybe- he was raised in the circus, but was he raised a gysepy(they seem free spirtted to me)- i dont know how they would behave
That 'free-spirited' thing is looking an awful lot like a cliche to me. From what I've managed to find on the web, virginity at marriage (at least for the girls) is pretty important and they're consequently pretty strict about sex before marriage. (Whether that works any better in practice for them than anyone else I don't know....)
NightLilly
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by NightLilly »

:Dim glad that sum peeps on here, like me, dont think that movie kurt is a fridge cuz i totally dont think so. :halogrin
;pant:love I Love Alan Cumming:love;pant

:tub"I love english tubs" Kurt Wanger:tub

PROUD Member of the ILTSNITB (I'd love to see nighty in the buff) club No 1#
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by NightLilly
maybe but for all we know he might of had a wacky teenage period or somthing ( im basing this on the kurt from the comics who seems more loose about those sorts of things but i dont mean REALLY loose)
You know, you could be right; after all...he never did say what all those tattoos are for. :naughty

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
NightLilly
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by NightLilly »

I love this!!! :D hey please check out my other thread Id love to see nighty in the buff club and JOIN!!!!!
You have been ordered GOODBYE!!

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Lauren »

I agree, you really have to take the tattoos into consideration when you think about it. One of them could easily mean lust. now he may not of exactly done the deed, but I'll bet with enough make or something, he probably made out with a girl at least once in his life.:naughty
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

what do you mean by "is he"... comics are far more different then the movie so ... do you mean that is he virgin in the comics or in the movie? cause i bet hes virgin in the movie but he isnt in the comic.. atleast not afther he married sie Ororo :D
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Wannabe_Kurt
what do you mean by "is he"... comics are far more different then the movie so ... do you mean that is he virgin in the comics or in the movie? cause i bet hes virgin in the movie but he isnt in the comic.. atleast not afther he married sie Ororo :D
Um.. I think you dreamed that. Ororo and Kurt are close friends and have flirted in the past (mostly Kurt flirting with Ororo the way he does with all the beautiful women) but they've never actually been romantically linked. And they've certainly never gotten married. I don't even know of any alternate realites where that's happened.

You might reading into "Thunder & Brimestone" a bit too much. http://members.shaw.ca/seizethem/index.html
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well I realy have no clue on it. He asted shy around everyone. Though then you think about the tatoos. We have no ides what each one is for. Also we don;t no much about the moive Kurts past. Just wait ans see i guess.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Originally posted by Garble
Um.. I think you dreamed that. Ororo and Kurt are close friends and have flirted in the past (mostly Kurt flirting with Ororo the way he does with all the beautiful women) but they've never actually been romantically linked. And they've certainly never gotten married. I don't even know of any alternate realites where that's happened.

You might reading into "Thunder & Brimestone" a bit too much. http://members.shaw.ca/seizethem/index.html
well who was that blonde black woman with white eyes, and who was sie blue skinned man with yellow eyes and tail? and why was logan bestman?.. :( :bamf

and second thing i dont dream about men :smirk
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by bamfchickie »

That 'free-spirited' thing is looking an awful lot like a cliche to me. From what I've managed to find on the web, virginity at marriage (at least for the girls) is pretty important and they're consequently pretty strict about sex before marriage. (Whether that works any better in practice for them than anyone else I don't know....)
You're right ... it is a cliche. For the women at least, sex before marriage is a MAJOR social taboo that carries pretty heavy consequences. (You could be kicked out of your family and ostracized from the tribe, for one thing. Ack!)

It's a little different for the men, and it largely depends on the tribe as well. A man can get away with it (and in some tribes, it's even encouraged) as long as the woman in question is non-gypsy, or widowed, or "spoiled" (not a virgin) ... there are several different circumstances. But you're right ... the popular stereotype of gypsies a la Carmen is false. :)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Mad With Power »

well who was that blonde black woman with white eyes, and who was sie blue skinned man with yellow eyes and tail? and why was logan bestman?..
Yup, reading T&B too much. Wannabe, that's an illustration on my site by bluefooted. It's fanart, not official.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Is Nightie a virgin?????

oh right look at that.. and then i probably mixed it with wedding of cyclops and ms gray
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by bamfchickie
[gypsy traditions]
Though the original Marvel comics didn't trouble to make their Gypsies authentic (or their Africans, or their Germans ...)

Thing is, a traditionally Gypsy Kurt, who followed the taboos of the real-world Gypsies, wouldn't be much like movie Kurt or comics Kurt; the traditions are part of what's kept the Gypsy culture from assimilating to those around it, and they do so by regulating or forbidding contact with those cultures.

(Mael is bound to post a more detailed link.)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Siona »

Not to downgrade our dear NC, but has anyone taken into consideration just how hard it would be for Movie NC to find someone to do the dirty?

First of all, were he raised in a Roma ((polite and more accurate word for Gypsy)) surroundings, it would be as Mael demonstrated in her last fic; he would have been considered very "dirty" and "unclean". I get the feeling that if M-NC is of this culture, he wouldn't get too far in the dating business.

Second: RELIGION, RELIGION, RELIGION! Most Roma are Christians and, combining this with their own culture, sex is very taboo.

But it seems that the movies aren't going to far into anyone's past but Logan's, so we're likely not to learn it quickly, if at all.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by bamfchickie »

First of all, were he raised in a Roma ((polite and more accurate word for Gypsy)) surroundings, it would be as Mael demonstrated in her last fic; he would have been considered very "dirty" and "unclean". I get the feeling that if M-NC is of this culture, he wouldn't get too far in the dating business.
You'd be surprised, actually. :) Many Roma use "gypsy" to refer to themselves when speaking with gadje, or non-Roma. But you're right ... "Roma" is the more-PC term, if nothing else. ;)

As for the "unclean" aspect (what the Roma call marime) - do you mean "unclean" for having sex, or unclean because he's non-Roma? Because it depends on the tribe, actually. It's not unheard of for a Roma to adopt a child outside the family or even outside the tribe, and if the person doing the adopting is of high enough "rank" within the tribe, the child is often considered just as "Romany" as the rest of them.

Of course, once again, it all depends on the tribe. There are just as many differences between the various Roma tribes as there are between Native American tribes. :)

Sorry ... LOL! There I go on a meandering spree. I love Roma history ... I could yak about it all day. :)
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by thylacine »

If yah wanna read a good book about Gypsies, get a hold of "The Gypsies," by Jan Yoors (unsure of spelling?). It's a true account of a boy who was adopted by Gypsies. Very awesome book.
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by bamfchickie »

Thanks for the rec! Another friend of mine that knows my Romani "hobby" recced that book as well, so with two suggestions I suppose I better go find it. LOL!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by rockstar »

well, according to most of the fanfics i've read, Kurt is anything BUT a virgin.....
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Siona »

*gasp* Double posting! Bad cop, no doughnut.

Yes, but fanfics and actually facts of movies, cartoons, and/or the comics are worlds apart, luv.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightLilly
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by NightLilly »

I know rockstar, but even if they aren't the facts their still fun to read loo:love:lick

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by Wolvertique »

X2 Kurt isn't squeamish about women, though. He had no problem scooping Storm up into his arms, now, did he? ;) Held her for a while, too. He's just new and uncertain of how he'll fit into the group yet. Once he settles in, I predict growth in self-confidence.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I deny that I predicted growth in self-confidence.:LOL
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by NightPoofer »

I would have to say that the Comic Kurt isn't a virgin. EVO Kurt seems a bit too young to of done anything naughty like that. He would probably have to switch his inducer or something to make him look nekkid. I think that the Movie Kurt probably is a virgin because, like others said, he is an extreme Catholic.
TDub
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by TDub »

I don't know about Comic Nighty, but I think Movie Kurt is a virgin. Contary to popular opinion, the Rom (gypsies) are extremely strict about not having premartial sex. It's very important to be a virgin at marriage. I think/remember it's a requirement for the men too.

Growing up in the circus and the intimate atmosphere, I do think he's fooled around a lot; just not "all the way".
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Is Nightie a virgin?????

Post by bamfchickie »

I think/remember it's a requirement for the men too.
Again, it depends on the tribe and/or family. The social stigma of sex before marriage is not as pronounced for male Rom, generally speaking.

Personally (and for the sake of my own nefarious fanfic purposes), I don't think movie Kurt is a virgin. Inexperienced? Possibly. But not a virgin. There would be too many ladies in the circus (and probably a few trapeze groupies as well) who would want to seduce him, for curiosity's sake if nothing else. ;)

And as several people have already mentioned, being a "devout" Catholic certainly doesn't keep one from enjoying a little sin. ;)