Huge Goof In X2 Involving Nightcrawler!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Mr. Wagner
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Mr. Wagner »

Okay, 1st off, hi. I've been going to this board for a while, I just never signed up. But now I have a reason. I am now watching the X2 DVD, cuz a friend got it from Block Buster, because he works there. Anyhoo, I'm sitting here enjoying X2, like I should, and all of a sudden I saw the biggest Goof in the world!

The scene where Storm and Kurt split away from the group at Alkaline Lake to find the X-Children, you know what scene right? Okay, good. So Jubilee yells something, and Storm is like "Jubilee!" Then there's a shot of the kids gathering at a far wall and looking up at the glass ceiling to see Kurt and Ororo. Well, when the kids are doing this, there's Mr. Alan Cumming, standing in the shadows! :surprise Just standing there, and he's above them too! I know he's a teleporter, but he's no James Madrox.

I could not believe this. I had to rewind, and sure enough, there's Kurt, hiding in the shadows. Singer was probably planning on using CG to blend him out or digitally darken that part of the screen. But he forgot, and Nightcrawler is standing there. Look for it! I am amazed and appauled! Oh well, I still love the movie to pieces.

I am also quite amazed that no one noticed it before now, or at least brought it up. Once the DVD gets into full circulation, everyone will probably be like, WHAT THE?!?!?

Well, there you go. Oh, and Draco 5 is coming out in three days! Sweet! But this is the wrong message board for that. Have a nice day, and check this goof out.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

I've heard about that somewhere...on the board maybe, I don't know. But yeah, can't wait for the DVD so I can check out that scene. Thanks!
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Quite a few Hollywood movies are full of mistakes just like that. Sometimes certain goofs end up in the final film without any of the directors or techincal people knowing this. They could just be plain tired from trying to put a film together in a last mad rush to get it out on time for the release date. An oversight no doubt.

The Wizard Of Oz is one such film. If you watch the scene in Munchkin Land when the Wicked Witch turns to disappear from Munchkin Land, you see the trap door open up and red smoke comes out of it right before the witch even disappears . This was the elevator to take the actress below, giving the affect that she had disappeared. It is very apparent. And I'm quite surprised that they missed it and it was left in the final film. But that was the last take they would ever do of that shot because the woman that played the wicked witch, Margaret Hamilton, got seriously burned shooting that very scene with real flames. :eek
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Ohhh i remember that! i never bothered to look at it again, i thought someone had done the CGI wonky.... lol what a prospect:

Storm : Jubilee!
Jubilee: a rescue! at last
Kurt 1 (w/Storm) : hang on i'll bamf in!
Kurt 2 : *steps out of the shadows* oh ... hello
Kurt 1 : O.O
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Mr. Wagner
I am also quite amazed that no one noticed it before now, or at least brought it up.
Actually this has been caught before - it's long been on the Nitpickers's List for X2.

Unfortunately Nitpickers is quicker to list goofs than to remove them if they're wrong - their list includes some things that really shouldn't be there. (Okay, maybe I'm the kind of person who wrote a refutation of another point that's still sitting there in the queue ...)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

*snickers* The Incredible Healing Uniform! That site is good, I read about a few I hadn't noticed before. As for the blending-into-shadows bit, Moviecrawler doesn't have fur, maybe they left out some of his other abilities on purpose.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jimmy »

i heard that somewhere....*giggles*.....i cant wait till the movie comes out.....NEXT WEEK!!! :D
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Yeah, I think that was on this site before. It's an interesting goof. I can't wait to pick it out when I get the DVD...but then again, it ruins the magic :P ;)
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

I'm sorry Mr. Wagner but I already posted about this here:

http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2664

So I guess it is on the DVD. Sorry if you got your hopes up about posting your first post.
Mr. Wagner
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Mr. Wagner »

That's fine Dark Angel. I just never noticed it on IMDB or on any X2 board.
RB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by RB »

I've noticed that too. I knew I wasn't the only one! That part scared me, I was like "Wait a minute, he's right there on the wall, then again he's above the cell." Then when he teleported, he probably filled up his shadow on the wall. That was pretty scary to me.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

There's quite a number of spoofs, if you just take the time to see them.

One I noticed was this: Deathstrike, or Yuriko, has the same healing properties as Wolvie. Yet when Stryker gives her another dose of the mind-control stuff, you can see a scar! She shouldn't have one, because her mutation would heal it in a while.

Of course, Gaz or someone pointed out that they never got Scott's car back. :evil

And when Jean reads Kurt's mind, slow it down a bit; you can briefly see what looks like an X-ray of Kurt's skull and some butcher-knife-looking teeth. :eek

You see the same X-ray later on when Logan fights Deathstrike, along with what might be an X-ray of Kurt's foot!

As for Alan-in-the-shadows, I haven't even noticed. :p

I'll be watching for it.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf_me_baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_me_baby »

I just went to watch the dvd and yes mr cumming is in the shadows. you can see him kinda looking around too. :rolleyes
just waiting for his cue.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Siona

And when Jean reads Kurt's mind, slow it down a bit; you can briefly see what looks like an X-ray of Kurt's skull and some butcher-knife-looking teeth. :eek

You see the same X-ray later on when Logan fights Deathstrike, along with what might be an X-ray of Kurt's foot!

~Siona
Maybe I'm thinking of some other skull X-ray picture, but I thought the skull one looked like Sabertooth and not Kurt.

I didn't notice the foot one. I will look for it next time I watch it.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

In the deleted scenes, the one where Mystique is looking through Stryker's files, she comes across files of info on Kurt, including images of the X-rays. I'm pretty sure its an X-ray of his hand, not foot.

Check it out, it's nifty cool.

shigatsu_bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by shigatsu_bamf »

Well, yes, that is kind of akward, isn't it. . .O___o
"Lets bamf, baby!"

NYAH! AKWARD SITUATION! ::bamf::
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

Can someone kindly make a screencap of this particular scene? :) Pleeaassseeee!!!! :D
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

I can't cuz i dont know how, but you can watch the blooper. It is titled 'Mystique in Stryker's Files'

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/ne ... 353,88094,

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Gaz
In the deleted scenes, the one where Mystique is looking through Stryker's files, she comes across files of info on Kurt, including images of the X-rays. I'm pretty sure its an X-ray of his hand, not foot.

Check it out, it's nifty cool.
No, no, no, it has to be his foot; you can only see two long digits, no thumb at all.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

yeah that scene anoys me to no end they could have easly fixed it, if you look in the deleted scenes they have one of kurt,storm and the kids where he is not in the backround. Why dident they just use that one! :mad
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Gaz
I can't cuz i dont know how, but you can watch the blooper. It is titled 'Mystique in Stryker's Files'

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/ne ... 353,88094,
I just used it on all the available programs, and all you get is the sound. :bawl

Oh, well, what're DVDS for? :naughty

Katzchen, it could have been a purposely-placed blooper; some movies actually do that, ya know.

Also, maybe it was lack of time or funds.

Also, anyone realize that Logan said that Bobby and Rogue wouldn't get their uniforms in YEARS and they got them in a matter of hours? That...and don't forget the incredible morphing pants of Sir Wagner. :D

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, maybe they had a change of pants and a pair of scissors on the jet though :tail As hot as those stripey pants are, they were starting to look a little dirty toward the end.

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

If I remember right, didn't Bamf Bunny or another moderator point out that the Captain -- er -- Professor changed ties, too?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

Here. I have the cap of the particular goof scene.

It's very dark and hard to see but he's there. Just look very closely. :D It's clearer and brighter if you actually watched it on the DVD. :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

For those who STILL can't find it, I suggest looking right into the middle of the screen and look for his pants.

Just saying because it took me several tries to find it. Man, I'm gonna bust my VCR yet...

~Siona

-- SheCat.