Cartoon Network Pulled Evo?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
der krazy kraut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by der krazy kraut »

Hey, what's up with cartoon network!?

Did they cancel Evolution?

I checked my listings and it doesn't appear to come on anymore.

I also have been watching at 1030 this week when it normally comes on and it hasnt come on

This sucks, too, for I don't get the WB.

Someone please prove me wrong, I love this show.
Maybe you had too much too fast.
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jimmy »

i think youre right, last night someone in the chat said it wasnt on

when i go back home ill try to see if its on
right now im at my aunts house and they do nothing ecxept watch t.v and i never get any of it :bawl

~jimmy:evotodd
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

I was just coming here to ask this question. I've checked the website and can't find it on the schedule anymore.

This sucks. I hardly ever get time to watch TV and I was just begining to really get into evo.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Just guessing but could they have pulled it until KidsWB stops showing Evo reruns (which I assume would be after they rerun the last season) so they can air them? They have already cycled though the episodes a few times, they could have pulled it until the get the 'new'eps-sometime after Feb, I think. I may be completely off base here, but that was my thoughts when TVguide.com didn't have it listed.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

Yes, they did remove it. But just temporarily. They will show it again on December but skipping some episodes. The last episode for this month was shown last Sunday, "Speed and Spyke" and they will return on December 1, with "African Storm", a Season 2 episode. :(
I got this from Comics Continuum and they got the new schedule from Cartoon Network.

Here it is:

"African Storm" on Monday, Dec. 1;
"Joyride" on Tuesday Dec. 2;
"Walk on the Wild Side" on Wednesday, Dec. 3;
"Operation: Rebirth" on Thursday, Dec. 4; and
"Mindbender" on Sunday, Dec. 7.

"Shadow Dance" on Monday, Dec. 8;
"Retreat" on Tuesday, Dec. 9;
"The Hex Factor" on Wednesday, Dec. 10;
"Day of Reckoning, Pt. 1" on Thursday, Dec. 11; and
"Day of Reckoning, Pt. 2" on Sunday, Dec. 14.

"Day of Recovery" on Monday, Dec. 15;
"The Stuff of Heroes" on Tuesday, Dec. 16;
"Mainstream" on Wednesday, Dec. 17;
"The Stuff of Villains" on Thursday, Dec. 18;
"Blind Alley" on Sunday, Dec. 21.

"X-Treme Measures" on Monday, Dec. 22;
"The Toad, The Witch and The Wardrobe" on Tuesday, Dec. 23; and "Self Possessed" on Sunday, Dec. 28.

"Under Lock and Key" on Monday, Dec. 29;
"Strategy X" on Tuesday, Dec. 30;
"The X-Impulse" on Wednesday, Dec. 31;
"Rogue Recruit" on Thursday, Jan. 1; and "Mutant Crush" on Friday, Jan. 2.

and yes. As you can tell, they are still not playing the rest of Season 3 and Season 4. :(
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Why are they not going to play season 3 & 4?

Also, a lot of people like the show. Maybe we could all get together and organize some kind of letter writing campaign, or something?
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Thanks for finding that out, firecrawler. I feel better knowing it will be back. now I just have to remember to get into the habit of watching it again, come December.

I'm all for an organized letter writing campaign. is anyone here willing to organize it? I simply don't have time. Any volunteers?
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

I really don't think this is something to write a letter over, Cartoon Network do it all the time, they often pull a show and put a different show (often a new show) in its place to see how it does, its just a haitus.

I dont wacth most of the stuff on Cartoon Network, but some examples I can think of are, InuYasha being put on hold for Fooly Cooly and Sailor moon being put on hold and time changed for hamtaro.
Call me King!
der krazy kraut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by der krazy kraut »

I think that's crazy. I want my evo, dammit!
Maybe you had too much too fast.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I think Kid's WB has the rights to air episodes for a certain amount of time. Say, a year or two. So it's possible they haven't turned over the broadcast rights to the end of Season 3 and all of Season 4 just yet. Don't worry, eventually it will be shown.

Oh, and shows are constantly switched around in timeslots on TV. Since it's November Sweeps, they must be putting more new stuff up, like that new Star Wars animated series. Evo will come back once Sweeps are over. To those who aren't familiar with what Sweeps are: they're when networks really hype a bunch of shows with exciting plots. They try to draw in the highest ratings (meaning most viewers) to the shows. This helps determine what advertising rates are for commercials airing during the show. I'm not sure how long those rates take effect and last until though.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Maybe we should discuss a letter writing campaign to save our favorite show?
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

thylacine, you favorite show is not gone, Sevati and I just told you what cartoon network has done.
Call me King!
weapon x
Lubber
Lubber

Post by weapon x »

Originally posted by sevati

To those who aren't familiar with what Sweeps are: they're when networks really hype a bunch of shows with exciting plots. They try to draw in the highest ratings (meaning most viewers) to the shows. This helps determine what advertising rates are for commercials airing during the show. I'm not sure how long those rates take effect and last until though.
thank YOU!

the concept off sweeps have been bugging me for years.
its not easy when you live in a cold backwsater country that doesnt produce anything else then thundergods, vikings and weapon x specimen.

it sucks that theyve taken it off the air but...
i got them all on my lovely little computer
WinkyBells
Lubber
Lubber

Post by WinkyBells »

Wow, I haven't been here for awhile. I'm so glad someone was able to clear up the confusion about XME being off the air right now. It really had me worried. I love watching it, especially taping certain episodes. And I really don't think that a letter campaign would do any good unless they said they WEREN'T going to put Evo back on. So we can save the big guns for later.
Follow your heart, until it leads you somewhere stupid. ~Jill, aka Dragonmistriss
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I was worried because it wouldn't show up on the schedule for a while. Mainly, it's November Premieres for a lot of new episodes that Cartoon Network owns rights to (they own rights to Evo, I think, but Kids WB produces it). Teen Titans and Samurai Jack, for instance. But I have yet to see a Teen Titans episode this month that wasn't aired in September/October :shifty. November Premieres...riiiiiiiiight.

I feel better knowing that it will be back for Christmas.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Hi Tatu... I know it's coming back in December, but maybe if people got together and said something, then they would know enough not to take it off permanently, which they might, next time... Know what I mean? I wonder if we could somehow find the mailing address to Cartoon Network's corporate headquarters and tell the management that people like the show and want it back & want it to stay on.
LittleBlueGirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LittleBlueGirl »

ok, i started reading everything, and at first i was worried cuz i was like WHAT! they're not playing evo anymore! good...im glad they're going to put it back on. cuz i live out in the middle of nowhere, and we dont have satillite. and i'd need a friend to tape it for me, i already have a WHOLE bunch taped, i'd have to go thru and find which ones....AAAANNNYWAY....
<3true love is like a fake flower....it never dies<3
:bunny Bunny Warrior #13 :bunny
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

thats interesting... but how on earth do TV stations gather ratings on shows? i always had this image of the TV sending as well as recieving signals... but that's kinda silly right?

*looks worried*

... right?
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Correct. TV Ratings or shares are determined by the Nielsons, however it is spelled. A Nielson family is picked, given a special box that records their TV watching, and hooks it up to their TV(s?). Once they start a show, they're not supposed to shut the TV off until it's over according to my high school TV Media teacher.

So then the Nielson number crunchers get the data of what's been watched and when, figure out how many people watched the show by estimate. I'm guessing the Nielson box is connected to a modem because rating numbers are quite quick in coming out nowadays.
Gambit
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Gambit »

i hate when cartoon network does that(y'know cancels a show and replaces it with another for awhile)and without warnings even!They stopped makin' new teen titans episodes without a warning too!i know they're gonna make a new one but when???????when????!ugh anyway i think they should give us like a warning or sumthin...y'know like "tonight we'll be showing a replacement show of xmen evolution but it'll be back december 1!"and all that stuff.
in conclusion..

CARTOON NETWORK SUCKS!(pardon my french)
Family Tree
Now known as Metlord. >.>

Hello, everyone.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Warning WAS given that the schedule was being temporarily changed, Gambit. Look at cartoonnetwork.com , it has an online TV guide there. Or look at tvguide.com

Evo is NOT canceled, mainly because Cartoon Network doesn't have anything to do with the creation of episodes, they just show Evo's syndicated reruns.

And they didn't stop making new Teen Titans episodes, they temporarily stopped showing new ones to instead show reruns or another show entirely. Get your facts straight.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What happened???

Post by thylacine »

Hey... what happened? I turned on Cartoon Network at 10:30 to see my show last night and that dumb samurai was on instead of my cute Nightcrawler!:(
*BAMFgal*
Lubber
Lubber

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Post by *BAMFgal* »

YAHOO!!! THEY PUT EVO BACK!!
AHAHA Cartoon Network put Evo on again!! Its Mondays thru Thursdays at 9:30 Eastern Time!! AHAHAHA :D:D:LOL
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass(CCCC) #39!

:engarde

Get Cursed At In Grand Elizabethan Style!!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:belasco can't Help it Belasco's my fave villan.
Im sad. I have Direct Tv and there is a search you can do on it for TV shows, so I did one on Evo, but it's tellin' me that it ain't on anymore.
-sniff,sniff_ *a single tear rolls down my cheek.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i saw x-men evo on cartoon net
they brought it BACK :party bout time
i wonder if they'll show season 3.
:evojean :evokitty :evoscott :evokurt
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.