Britney Spears in X3?!?!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Siona »

Found here.

Britney Wants To Cameo In X3? - DJSkribbleNYC sent us this wild rumor, from a British magazine:

CONTACT MUSIC reports that Britney is eager to join the cast of the next X-Men movie, and is reportedly seeking a non-speaking role. The singer is said to be in talks to provide a show-stopping cameo in the third installment of the hit sci-fi franchise. A source close to the singer tells British magazine, NEW: "She knows that sci-fi is big and she believes this is the right movie to be seen in.

Don't shoot the messenger, this is just a rumor, so don't get too excited (or terrified). Casting decisions are far off.

So...if this were actually true ((PHHFT! :rolleyes)), who could she be?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by BAMFCentral »

They could make her Dazzler..... Singer, blonde....

But it this is even close to true, will the X-fans react the same way the Star Wars fans did when N-sync was rumored to appear in Episode II

Typical Fan reaction
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Siona »

Actually, I was thinking more along the line of Husk or Lifeguard...

But that's just me.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Bamf_Girl »

I thought Dazzler too... well at first I wept and vowed to destroy whoever would cast her, then I thought Dazzler
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by kurtlover »

My god, this is really creepy O_o Britney in X3!
well i guess those silicones and surgeries finally turned her into a mutant.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by BAMFCentral »

Originally posted by kurtlover
well i guess those silicones and surgeries finally turned her into a mutant.
I think you are thinking of MJ.....

Don't know about surgeries haven't heard that rumor, but the silicone rumor is false..... When you see her outside of stagged costume you can tell she is normal...... its all the stagged stuff that makes her look Barbish fake....

All that said I really don't think I would want to see her in that movie, non speaking role or not. Hopefully. this is all just a silly rumor.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Maelstrom »

If it came from a British rag, I'm as inclined to believe it as I am the Urban Legend about the choking doberman... :smirk The BBC's excellent reporting aside, "Journalistic Integrity" doesn't seem to exist in written form over there.....
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
firewolf
Lubber
Lubber

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by firewolf »

Would the cast have a say at all about it? I mean, what would the great Patrick Stewart say about acting with Britney Spears? Though she probably wouldn't be in any of his scenes...I just can't imagine her being in X3.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by NightPoofer »

I just don't see Britney Spears in X3... That doesn't suite my taste. But if she was in it. I bet they'd make her the White Queen :LOL
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by sevati »

Goddess f*cking no. I doubt Brian Singer would let some pop-tart be cast in one of his movies. She can't act, and that information came from a British trash-paper. Don't trust ANY news from England unless it comes from BBC.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Siona »

Ouch, burn!!

Anyone reminded of the "Nsync in Star Wars Episode II rumor"? :LOL

Agreeing with Sevati, I believe none of this...I was just wondering what people would think! :eeevil

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

:P Britney? Perish the thought! If they do, it better be teeny tiny cameo.
Originally posted by NightPoofer
But if she was in it. I bet they'd make her the White Queen

Ah, Britney babe doesn't have the acting ability af a flea, let alone what it would take to pull off the part of a high-powered player like Emma Frost. That would take a major actress, but I'd love to see Emma in X3
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Beboots »

*shrugs* I wouldn't mind Britney... as long as she got killed off pretty quickly. :toothy Perhaps a not-so-inocent bystander, or something? ;)
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Siona
Actually, that rumor was fact. A few of the N Sync boys (or was it all of them?) taped a short cameo in that big arena fight scene. Word got out, and rabid Star Wars fans let it be known they thought it was a stupid, stupid idea. So with all the negative reaction and threats of a large portion of fans skipping the movie altogether, the folks making Star Wars ep. 2 wisely removed their cameos from the film.

If they were to bring in any musical talent into X2, they should let Gwen Stefani be Dazzler. It's the only one that would work, even if it would be odd for someone raised on Ska and Reggae to be singing Disco. Dazzler did do disco, right? Or was it changed to something else as the times and musical tastes changed?
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Maelstrom »

She started out with roller-disco. However, I think she went to rock when she joined up with Lila Cheney's band in the late 80s.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by kladyelf »

Britney in X3?
*Klady screams, runs, collides with a wall, falls over, gets up again and keeps on running*

if it was the White Queen, maybe Michelle Pffeifer? or someone... *scratches head* i dunno
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Northstars Love »

I don't think it would be a good idea to have Britney in X-3. I think the majority of the audience would have a problem with it. And as Dazzler? Wouldn't work. She doesn't look the Dazzler type.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Tatu »

She looks exactly like Dazzler to me, go watch her "Oops! i did it again" video and imagine her in silver instead of red..it could so work!
Call me King!
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Sorte Springer »

Or Britney could have a cameo as the pop singer "Sugar Cane" fron the "Poptopia" story arc from Uncanny X-men
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by sevati »

Oh Sorte! Good placement. But then she'd be dating Chamber! I love Chamber, I don't want him touching that tramp Britney :p

Hm... who would be a good Chamber? Would have to be able to place a lot of emotion in the eyes and body language. The actor himself should talk in a English accent for his mind-speak (because I've always hated having one person act, another speak. Even in Star Wars).

I think it would be too earlier in the movies to bring in Chamber though. Don't we have to get thru Phoenix/Dark Phoenix first, the Legacy Virus, Onslaught, etc?

I honestly think next movie, they're going to find a way to bring Graydon Creed in, if only for a cameo that would set up X4. They're already showed Raven, Victor, and Kurt... it would be not a far stretch for an audience that's not familiar with the story to connect Grayson to Sabretooth. ("hey, wasn't that big hairy guy in the first movie called Creed?")
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by sevati
Actually, that rumor was fact. A few of the N Sync boys (or was it all of them?) taped a short cameo in that big arena fight scene. Word got out, and rabid Star Wars fans let it be known they thought it was a stupid, stupid idea. So with all the negative reaction and threats of a large portion of fans skipping the movie altogether, the folks making Star Wars ep. 2 wisely removed their cameos from the film.
SURELY THOU JEST. :die

Getting back on topic ((:offtopic lowers sign...)), I could actually see Britney Spears in X3. *insert rabid fans throwing knives and other sharp things here!*

*scene opens into a BS concert, "Stronger" or whatever playing*

CUE THE SENTINELS! :eeevil

~Siona

-- SheCat.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by sevati »

SURELY THOU JEST. :die

*scene opens into a BS concert, "Stronger" or whatever playing*

CUE THE SENTINELS!
No, there was horrible backlash that Lucas rightly deserved, putting those horrible singers in there.
first report that was shown on FARK.com (that's the comments thread, link is shown with a tag next to it up top) 1/1/02, The Force.net's first confirmation1/2/02, FARK.com reporting their cameo was cut 1/10/02. The week of the 10th, there seems to have been a skit on SNL making fun of the whole mess (there was a FARK.com photoshopping of it on the 13th, but most of the pictures are gone and red X's now).

I'm torn between wanting to see Britney die a funny horrible death with the Sentinels like you said before, and not wanting her to taint the franchise. Think about all the bad reviews she got opening Austin Powers with a music video :p
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by taekwondodo »

I could definitely see her as Sugar Cane. She looks the part and has pretty much lived it as well. Not a character that would have any reason to show in X3 though. Dazzler? Meh... Has to be someone inconsequential who dies a quick and ignominious death. Actually, hopefully it's just a vicious rumor and nothing will ever come of it.
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Melylott »

Ugh. Please let this be fake...I hate Britney. ;P
Hmm...
Dazzler? Nope. Too trashy. She's cheesy, but not trashy.
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Nocturne_Of_Shadow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Britney Spears in X3?!?!

Post by Nocturne_Of_Shadow »

EWWWW!!! :yuck i hate Britney Spears!! I hate her SO bad! i hope that is a rumor! Or i probobly wont be watching the movie! :yell :rolleyes just kidding like i could pass up a chance to see Alan in a movie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bow CHLOE IN DA HOUSE! :thumbup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or, If Chloe Is Offline. Chloe Has Left The Building!:puppy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quit Scrawlers Nov. 21