X2 Backstage Fun

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamferine
Lubber
Lubber

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Bamferine »

Here you can see X2 backstage pics including the nightcrawler make up gallery. Enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/josbriefcase/XUnited.html

Bamferine :D
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Dark Angel »

OMG** Thats so cool! Thanks for telling us about it!
Bamferine
Lubber
Lubber

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Bamferine »

I've got to make a correction in one of the pics:
Hugh Jackman is not at "Bobby's House" He's at the "X Mansion". (I'll ask it to be changed on the website)
:)

By the way: Has anyone noticed that continuity "glitch" in the film? ;)
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Bamferine

By the way: Has anyone noticed that continuity "glitch" in the film? ;)
Continuity glitch? Ooh... Do tell! I saw the movie only once, in June, so I don't remember much... I've made up for it in watching the few clips out there, on the internet...
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Bamferine
Lubber
Lubber

Continuity

Post by Bamferine »

After the attack, Logan, Rogue, Pyro and Iceman escape the X-Mansion and go to Boston.
During the whole attack and escape sequence, Logan is wearing a tank (as you can see in the backstage pic). When they enter the Drakes house, Logan is still wearing the tank. One of Bobby's lines is: "I'll try to find you some clothes" (but he says this to Rogue, not Logan), then he turns to Pyro and (Line): "Don't burn anything" and walks off screen. This is the last time in this sequence we see Logan wearing the tank. Then Cut to Bobby's Room with Bobby and Rogue blah blah blah, then Cut to the Drakes' kitchen where Logan tries to communicate via the device they found in Cyclop's car. There we see Logan is now wearing a white T-shirt. And he wears it all the way through the incident with the police, etc., etc.
Even if there was an offscreen explanation for this, it is still a continuity glitch in the final theatrical version.

Also: Where is Cyclops' car now? (Pyro is only seen blasting police cars) :LOL

Pyro (To the Drakes):
Ah, yeah well I destoyed your yard but Hey, we leave you one hell of a Sports Car!
:LOL
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Hey, you're right about the car. I never thought about that before. I betcha Cyke was pissed at Logan when they finally got back to the mansion.

And thanks for these cool pics. I'm always fascinated by the effort that goes into making a special effects movie.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by rockstar »

this was cool! thanks for posting! I've never seen this much of the make up process with Nightcrawler before. This was cool!

on page one of the nightcrawler transformation (if you look at the pic on the bottom left) alan looks kinda pissed off. lol i just notice these things.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Riley »

OH! NO! MY STUPID DeLL DOESNT WORk *kicks computer* stupid computer! stupid computer! But i think i remember seeing this before. is that the one wher Alan is in the makeup chair, and in the white house scenes and such?
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Ahh! The link won't show up for me, but thats ok.

Yeah, X-men does that that continuity thing doesn't it. Well, lets just be thankfull it's not as bad as the Spiderman continuity.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by sevati »

The link isn't working, the site's bandwith for the day was most likely used up already.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Ziox »

Yeah Is not working for me either maybe it
will later.:(
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by NightPoofer »

Page not working for me either... Something is wrong with the link or the page... Oh well
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Bitsy »

Question about NC's makeup. Remember in the beginning scene right before he goes on the White House rampage? How'd his pale makeup come off so quickly? It was like there one minute, then it was totally cleared away. I remember when he's peeking into that one room and we get a better look at his face, it's sort of smeared at the bottom, but how does it just turn to clean blue? Anybody?
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by rockstar »

well, maybe more ass-kicking actually took place in the white house scene. we just didnt see it and it looked like it was short. he could've hid somewhere and wiped it off really quick. plus he didnt have it around his eyes (i dont think)
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Yeah, plus, if it was just a powder makeup, it could come off real quickly during quick jolty movements.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by rockstar
well, maybe more ass-kicking actually took place in the white house scene. we just didnt see it and it looked like it was short.
The bonus features on the X2 DVD suggest that the scene originally showed more fighting; at the points where - in the final release - we see the President and the Secret Service in the Oval Office, jumping at every sound outside the room, the computer-generated plans for the screen show Kurt surrounded by secret service agents. We've already seen him with most of his makeup wiped off by this point, though.
plus he didnt have it around his eyes (i dont think)
You're right - there's a picture in the gallery that shows this more clearly.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Siona »

That looks more like a mask than anything to me...

If you watch the scene over a few times ((murder on your VCR, I'll tell you that!!)), you can catch glimpses of the makeup/mask/whatever becoming smaller and smaller.

Also, anyone see how you can see his tattoos when he first looks up at the first security guard? How'd they even miss that when he came in?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

its only illegal to wear tattoons in places like "face" when you are working in a different works.. like salesmen
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

X2 Backstage Fun

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

and ofcourse thanks about the link... cause it doesnt goddamn work on my comp :dead