What SHOULDN'T they do to Kurt in X3

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

OK, I"ve thought this out. What if they really screw kurt up in x3, what are we to do. SO lets name all the things we dont want agree on as many as possible, make a list and fax, forward, send it to Singer. Make it clear he'll loose a lot of viewers and fans. Sounds like black mail, but it's not. :evil

But, I am serious, I do worry about what he will do and he likes fans to talk to him and apparentally, so do ALan, Hugh, and Ian. (According to dvd x-men 1.5) So, let's all try this.

One, do not make him over religious, keep him as he is, even loose some of it, but don't make him timid!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Hmm...Okay...

-Don't change the BAMF affect! ...It's good the way it is. :rolleyes

-Don't let Kurt join the priesthood! It never should have happened in the comic-verse, don't let it happen in the movie-verse!

...That's all I can think of right now... :D
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

One word, ladies and gentlemen: CUTLASS. Sorry, but I dislike the thought of Kurt with a sword as much I can't stand the thought of him being a priest...

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Discordia88
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Discordia88 »

OK, NO LOVE INTEREST!!!! I want to see Kurt's personality more...without a love saga. I get jealous...:rolleyes
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I may be a big fan of Kuroro, but I have to agree with Discordia with this one, guys; we already have the Logan-Jean-Scott thing going on (even if she IS "dead" at the moment. :naughty) along with the Rogue-Bobby relationship.

As cool and fun as Kuroro is, I think it only needs to be slightly hinted in X3 as it was in X2, and more fully revealed if X4 is done.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

TWO WORDS

RED COSTUME

I heard people talking about his old uniform which was fine when they all were running around in mutil colored spandex. I want him to have the regular costume like everyone else. Yeah and no priest things
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

MWP came up with a rather good costume for him! :nodyes

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Siona
Really?

...And where might I see this thing of MWP beauty? :lick
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Don't make him continue all shy and religion-obsessed...

Also, don't give him a Jackson Five afro hairstyle...:LOL:LOL
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

They should not give Nighty less screen time in X-3. Oh...I'd really be upset.:yell But, we have no control of what will play out in the next film. So we will have to wait and see in another 3 years:
NightcrawlerKW
Lubber
Lubber

Hmm..

Post by NightcrawlerKW »

Well, I really don't want to see him join the priesthood. I don't want him to lose the religious outlook, but I would like him to get more confident (although that should happen as he gets more comfortable at the school). I don't want to see them give him less screen time, that would suck heinously.
Anyone interested in joining the livejournal RPG HogwartsDreams, we are in need of more players. http://www.livejournal.com/community/hogwartsdreams/
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Don't make him super timid. And like everyone else said, don't make religion rule him.

I wouldn't like to see anyone scared of him. I know some would be nervous of him, but don't make the students run in terrorwhen they see Kurt.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Beboots
Really?

...And where might I see this thing of MWP beauty? :lick
In the first or second fic she wrote on T&B, love.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
nitedrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nitedrew »

i have to agree with xstechfreak let NC have the film suit but without gloves or shoes! his hands and feet are to bulky anyway.
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

Yeah the suit like he has in the comics he has no shoes or gloves!
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Snicket »

I stated this in the other X3 thread, but no romance with Storm. To be honest, I don't see them as a couple. He said she was beautiful, but I thought this was more him stating a fact -- since Halle IS really pretty -- than expressing any sort of desire for her. This is just my take on it, and I don't begrudge Kurt/Ororo shippers their fics and speculation, but I do NOT want it to become movie canon.

Please, Mr. Singer. Do this for me.
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
aotenshi311
Lubber
Lubber

Post by aotenshi311 »

I heard...somewhere...that they were going to make the story that Kurt was Mystique's BROTHER, as opposed to her son...now THAT would piss me off...:yell I'm not kidding...that'd really really piss me off >_<
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Snicket
He said she was beautiful, but I thought this was more him stating a fact...
There were many more interactions than just that scene, believe me. I've seen them dissected a hundred times now. "He's not going anyvehr." :LOL (One of the best ones, I think, is how unwilling they are to stop touching each other when he ports her into FauxRebro... but I digress.)

Anyway. Despite all that, it may surprise you to know that I almost agree with you. On one hand, I'd love to see the pairing committed a bit more onscreen, because I love Alan and want to see him act it. But on the other, I know that whatever they commit to canon will most likely tread upon the imaginings of any number of fan boys and girls... both pro- and anti-!

It's always a tightrope for canon writers to advance the story, while still allowing room for speculation and not closing off interest for a chunk of the fandom. I'm eager to see what happens.

Oh, and Beboots, the uniform is on Chapter 8 of "Enter the Showman," and thanks for asking. kurtlover also has a version on Chapter 7 of the same story.
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Snicket »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
Originally posted by Snicket
He said she was beautiful, but I thought this was more him stating a fact...
There were many more interactions than just that scene, believe me. I've seen them dissected a hundred times now. "He's not going anyvehr." :LOL
I'm quite aware of several other instances that could be interpreted as romantic tension. I was just citing the main one that fans seem to latch onto. I still see it as more wishful thinking than anything. Pretty much all the little things Kuroro shippers use as evidence can be easily explained other ways, and I haven't found anything really compelling yet. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Being wishful thinking doesn't discredit the idea, as long as it stays fanon and out of canon. After all, all fandoms are based on a hefty amount of wishful thinking. I don't like the pairing, but I'm not going to give a hard time to anyone who does.

...Which you obviously do.

My only request is that Storm and Kurt don't get together in the actual movies. I can avoid fanfic I don't like. If it makes it's way into the films, it's just sort of like, "There. Deal with it."

I see them more as friends myself.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

I couldn't care less whether people like the pairing, I'm not a zealot. I haven't the slightest interest in actively converting people.

And, uh, did you miss the part where I agreed with you? ;)
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Snicket »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
I couldn't care less whether people like the pairing, I'm not a zealot. I haven't the slightest interest in actively converting people.

And, uh, did you miss the part where I agreed with you? ;)
Good. And nope. I just tend to ramble.
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightFlight »

I'm not against the Storm/Kurt pairing, but I'm not especially for it, either. I've really enjoyed the fics I've been reading on your site, MWP. Your explanation is right on - whatever they do in the movie will end up limiting someone's fantasy, so they need to be careful.

The best pairing for Kurt IMO would be with a completely non-mutant, because I think that would be the most meaningful. With another mutant, there's a bit of the "You're a mutant - so am I! Let's get together and protect each other from the rest of the world!" If he got together with a non-mutant, it would mean he found someone who really does love him for himself and is capable of transcending the mutant/human issue. I did actually find a fanfic on fanfiction.net which pairs him with an OC, and it's about the best story I've ever read. It's called The Gypsy And The Devil, and the author writes of Kurt's life previous to Alkali Lake. It's interesting to see her take on the movie Kurt/Storm interaction. . In the blackbird, Kurt is drawn to Storm mainly because he's lost his memory and she reminds him of someone else.
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zix »

One word, ladies and gentlemen: CUTLASS. Sorry, but I dislike the thought of Kurt with a sword as much I can't stand the thought of him being a priest...

~Siona
Really? I liked him with a sword, I felt it added something in the comics and would suit how I hope they show him in X3. Oh well :shrug each to their own.

I hope he doesn't hide behind the religion in the next one.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by NightFlight
I'm not against the Storm/Kurt pairing, but I'm not especially for it, either. I've really enjoyed the fics I've been reading on your site, MWP. Your explanation is right on - whatever they do in the movie will end up limiting someone's fantasy, so they need to be careful.

The best pairing for Kurt IMO would be with a completely non-mutant, because I think that would be the most meaningful. With another mutant, there's a bit of the "You're a mutant - so am I! Let's get together and protect each other from the rest of the world!" If he got together with a non-mutant, it would mean he found someone who really does love him for himself and is capable of transcending the mutant/human issue. I did actually find a fanfic on fanfiction.net which pairs him with an OC, and it's about the best story I've ever read. It's called The Gypsy And The Devil, and the author writes of Kurt's life previous to Alkali Lake. It's interesting to see her take on the movie Kurt/Storm interaction. . In the blackbird, Kurt is drawn to Storm mainly because he's lost his memory and she reminds him of someone else.
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

The Gypsy and the Devil is a great story. I just love it. It's one of the best stories on fanfiction.net.