What SHOULDN'T they do to Kurt in X3

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Klutz
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Klutz »

Not 'porting massive amounts of people? And not having to hug someone to do it? (ie. Patrick Stewart)

Actually, that was kind of funny...sort of...
:smirk Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the hell is the ceiling? ;)

:austen
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

That I thought was odd, too; doesn't he just have to, like, hold the hand of someone or something like that to 'port them somewhere with him?

I hope they can figure something out with the hands; they looked very odd and too big in X2 for my tastes.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BOO
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BOO »

Originally posted by aotenshi311
I heard...somewhere...that they were going to make the story that Kurt was Mystique's BROTHER, as opposed to her son...now THAT would piss me off...:yell I'm not kidding...that'd really really piss me off >_<
Nonononononononononononono! oh god, they're not! are they? :(
I seriously hope they don't do that.
and I agree with klutz about the hugging to teleport thing, funny but a little odd. But I suppose it must be a refreshing change to be able to hold someone as opposed to scaring the living daylights out of someone don't you think? :LOL
Why no less than 50 characters per post? It's not really a problem for me 'cause I can ramble for an age... But how are you supposed to play the word association game now?
NightLilly
Lubber
Lubber

Post by NightLilly »

NO STRIPEY TROUSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 The pants must stay at lest when he aint in x men uniform but his qypsy clothes must stay!!!!
;pant:love I Love Alan Cumming:love;pant

:tub"I love english tubs" Kurt Wanger:tub

PROUD Member of the ILTSNITB (I'd love to see nighty in the buff) club No 1#
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

No Storm and Kurt, no not in any way at all, NEIN!!!! (sory to all those who like the pairing, i have nothing against you, its just the movie :shame) if they did i would have to hurl myself at the movie screen. no costume whith big sholder thingys eather, altho feel free to give him a tight fiting shirt, or no shirt! :blush hehehe but keep the stripy trousers! :love :kiss :
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Yep, too bad it hasn't been updated since the end of October. I think the author has abandoned it.

As for what not to do to Kurt, I definitely agree with not overdoing his religion. I thought it was a *bit* over the top in X2, but considering how traumatic his situation was, I could see him really falling back on it. I will also be a very happy woman if I never have to see that tired old line, "but in the Munich Circus I was known as the Incredible Nightcrawer" trotted out again. It makes him sound kind of pathetic and needy. And please, please *don't* let them make him timid/hesitant/shy. That's just so not him in any incarnation. Get him past the trauma and make him comfortable with himself and at least somewhat flamboyant (without the needy thing going on).

Don't really care about the KurOro thing. I can take it or leave it, but they probably don't need any more romantic stuff going on. It wouldn't leave much room for action....
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

The only things I'm worried about are:

1. That he's in the corner and appears once in the movie with one line. Don't do it! I mean, they can't make him the total focus of the movie obviously because of the whole Phoenix thing, but don't throw him out all together either.

2. Get rid of the jacket, pants, and vest when he's just in the school and not in the middle of a mission. His clothes were so cute in X2! They must keep them *stern glare at people writing X3)

3. Kurt/Ororo is fine and dandy, but don't make him just stand there and stare at her with puppy dog eyes and trip over his tail when she's around. Kurt is not a dope!

Finally...
Don't make him shy around Logan! Me wants Kurt and Logan to be the kind of friends they are in comicverse!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Things I want:

1. Kurt out of his shell. Let's all see the roguish side of him this time, the Kurt he can be when he's not so uncertain of all these new people.

2. At least one fencing scene with three foils. Come on. You know you wanna. It's so irresistably *part* of the cute blue dude.

3. Kurt the performer. "Put two people in a room and Kurt thinks it's an audience." Heh. I *so* want to see that.

4. Jean who? Uh. No offense, but I'd much rather forget the whole phoenix saga in favour of some more screen time for Kurt. ::waits to get lynched::

5. If not romance, then some out-and-out shameless flirting. Please? Kurt's a ladies' man. I want some of that.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Siona waaaaaaaaaaants:

1) The Toad V.S. NC fight.

2) Hell, any NC fight. I don't care if it's with a kitten with a broken leg, I want to see Kurt kick some butt!!!

3) Buff...skin....yeah. :content

4) Flirting would be nice, as long as he looks RIGHT at the camera. ;)

~Siona

-- SheCat.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

As to the coat and stripey trousers - lose them. Yeah, they were cute and all, but give the man a wardrobe like a normal human. It would look pretty dorky for him to wander around the Institute in nothing but the clothes they found him in. Get him a pair of jeans and a t-shirt (not tight, b/c unless things change drastically between now and then, Alan Cumming doesn't have enough chest to put in a tight t-shirt.)
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I second a lot of what's been said so far, but the poor guy needs to see an orthodontist. If there was only one thing I could change about the movie Kurt it would be his teeth. Please Mr. Singer, if you're listening, give Kurt back his fangs and pretty smile and lose the shark teeth.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Dont change Actor :P :P

:bamf
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
I second a lot of what's been said so far, but the poor guy needs to see an orthodontist. If there was only one thing I could change about the movie Kurt it would be his teeth. Please Mr. Singer, if you're listening, give Kurt back his fangs and pretty smile and lose the shark teeth.
Not that I think there's any hope for it, but boy do you have a point there. He has such a *pretty* smile in the comics, those movie teeth are just atrocious. It's like they were trying to make sure he looked as monstrous as possible.
(Yet still he's cute - go figure.)
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Was watching the extra bits on the DVD the other day and a thought occurred to me. Alan all dressed up as Nighty (makeup and all) but just being himself - rolling his eyes and joking with the crew - was really cute! He still seemed like Kurt, but the fun Kurt. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I would love to see that sort of thing in X3. You know, Kurt just being a bit relaxed and less formal. Okay, ramble over...
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

Ohhhh boy, I've got to concur on the teeth. If I could make them change any one thing, that would be it. Kurt's smile in the comics is gorgeous. And Tyler Man's teeth in X1 were pretty close in "style," if nothing else, so I'm not entirely sure why they felt the need to make MovieKurt's teeth so awful. Unless it was as you suggested ... to make him more monstrous?

As for things they shouldn't do (as opposed to the teeth, which have already been inflicted on us ... LOL!), I'd agree with the "screen time" issue. I know the buzz is that X3 will be Marsden/Janssen-heavy, which is fine. Poor Cyke deserves his day in the sun, IMHO. But I really, really hope they don't screw Alan's screen time in the process.

- Libs
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Actually, I'm all for the teeth; one of the main reasons Kurt was introduced at all was because Singer wanted to prove that, hey, some of the X-Men are freaky-looking, too, not just the bad guys!

That, and they really scare the crap out of people not expecting it...like ten year-old brothers. :evil

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I think they should never, ever, in a million years should make him die... that's kinda an obvious one.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*GASP* I never even thought of that...But they wouldn't really kill him, would they?

Yeah, they killed Jean, but how many times has she been killed?!

...But then...I never thought they'd kill Data...

Jeez.

This is gonna keep me up. :stunned

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

I want to seem some leather on that sezzy boy :love

A big scene in which he does more than rescue some eople but actually uses some cool martial arts/fencing fight

Kurt acting natural, not nervous or ashamed of his looks.

Lots of Kurt. Just lots of shots and scenes with him.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

theres gonna be new characters on x-team too so theyre probably taking shots of them too... and probably kurt is wearing the X-men suit and leather jacket.. or ill hope so :P

if someone wants to know some info about xmen3 or other Comic book movies
heres link
http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Xmen3.htm
BlueAvenger9
Lubber
Lubber

School is a tough place

Post by BlueAvenger9 »

I think if Kurt is becoming a teacher he should be their favorite, and admire his skill as an acrobat.

Oh and no more of the " i am Vagner, Kurt Vagner but in the German circus I was the avazing Nightcrawler!:X
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by BlueAvenger9

Oh and no more of the " i am Vagner, Kurt Vagner but in the German circus I was the avazing Nightcrawler!:X
"My name is Kurt Wagner but in the Munich Circus I was know as the incredible NIGHTCRAWLER!"

I love that quote! I thought it was really funny when Logan asked who he was and Nightie was trying to tell him but Logan was like "Save it!". Then Kurt had that hurt look on his face. **Priceless** :LOL Then again when he was trying to tell Scott who he was and Storm interuped.
Nightcrawless
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightcrawless »

ok i agree with all here and he needs to be more...ummm.... funny??

and this is a little off but...

i want to see him meet Gambit, and not say "MY name is Kurt Wanger but in the...ble bla bla" thing to him. thatd be sooo :Z but if i saw it i would laugh my tushie off!!!
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I'm going to agree that there can't be any Kororo action. It will make me wretch. I'd much rather see him flirting than crushing. Of course to have him flirt, he'd have to loose the uptight shyness.

On top of that, he's not Talia, so lets not have this dissapearing tail. Last I heard his wasn't "retractable".

Lastly, I don't want to see him doing whatever that weird dancelike walk he has is. It remindes me of Peter Pan when they skip to imply flight. Did they tell Alan to glide to imply lurking?
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
xxkittypryde
Lubber
Lubber

Post by xxkittypryde »

What I would like to see done to Nightcrawler in X3 is everything else that has been mentioned, just see him without all those spiritual markings/tattoos that represent each sin. That was the thing that turned me off the most, made it seem like it had just blue skin and not blue fur.