Alan Cumming Thread

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! ALL HAIL FLOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! Why must Scotish and Australian people be so HOT!!!
one name: Bruce Campbell
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

Because Scots where kilts that show their legs like Alan! Have you seen his denim one? He wears it with a belt that says Nightcrawler
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Bitsy »

Oh, I saw that pic! I didn't notice the Nightcrawler belt, though. Awesome nonetheless. Hm...I wonder what the difference between a kilt and a skirt is? I mean, I'm sure women in Scotland wear
"kilts" as well.

Lauren, great job on the stories. I already read them at fanfiction.net, but they're still very well done. Sigh...you know, whenever I see a movie like this, sometimes I turn myself into a character and place it in the movie. I imagined that Floop had a young neice named Violet (played by me. :) ).

My idea (for anyone who cares): Floop found Violet when she was just a baby on his doorstep and raised her. He named her Violet because that's his favorite flower. :D She'd be about 18 when the movie took place and she'd be very sweet and kind, sort of looking after her uncle. She loves him dearly, but hates what these evil men are making him do. So in the movie, she's trying to comfort him and convince him not to be evil and change the Fooglies back to normal.

I know it sounds cheesy, but I couldn't help myself. I like the idea of a young girl calling Floop "Uncle Fegan." Ok, feedback time. How stupid does this sound?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Bitsy, I don't think it's cheesy, it is sweet:).
I have the pic. of Alan in that denim kilt on my binder*was he wearind eyeliner? Cause if he was, he looks hot w/it*
Actually, women don't wear kilts, it would be considered cross-dressing. They wear kilted skirts which are from the middle of your shin or down to the floor, but I want a kilt and wouldn't care if I was crossdressing.

On St. Patty's day there were 2 guys in kilts and playing the bagpipes at our school, it was great because they were both really hot.*but Alan is King*

Gotta love those dimples.:D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

you shoudl write that out! it sounds really nice and cute.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Yes. Do what Lauren says, she is a geneous and knows what she is talkin' 'bout!:D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

I command you to write out that story by invoking my powers of fanfic writer!

Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Violet Floop

Post by Bitsy »

*quivers under Lauren's commands* Can't....resist....Lauren's....orders! Must....obey!

One problem, though. You see, I don't have the movie and in order to write my "story," I'd have to recall all the scenes and such. As I had said before, Violet was a character I created after myself and just added into the movie, so I don't know if it'd really count as "fan fiction" for it wouldn't be original and thus interfering with the plot. Besides, it might be too "sweet" for you, Lauren. After your stories of Floop being depressed beyond imagination. ;) Kidding, kidding...

Actually, I've been trying to write how Floop first finds Violet today. I thought he'd be a scientist first and then later on, after finding Violet, he realizes that hosting a children's show's his true calling. It's still VERY sketchy! So, we may need to boil some tea and sit and have some discussions about what I could do. You guys up for that? :D
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Just go out and rent the movie for a couple days when you have the time and watch it over and over till you know the movie by heart, that's what Ah would do. Sure I'm up to it, but I must warn you that my brain is riddled with random thoughts and I also am very busy 'cause my stupid history teacher is evil and give these huge projects, but yeah, I'll try to help as best as I can.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

then just write the part where he finds her, that's not in the move you know! COME ON! I COMMAND YOU IN MY QUEEN VOICE NOW

littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by littlebamf »

As some of you may know, I do a drama course which is quite fun and a lotta work....

Well, for one of the units - Arts Administration - we had to prepare a presentaional talk on a theatre company. I, along with a few others, screwed up. So us failures were told to do one on a performer. I wandered up to my tutor, Damian at the end and said I'd do one on Alan. Damian rolled his eyes in his freaky way (he's cross eyed an insane) and, well, told me that he'd worked with Alan....Honestly, truthfully and he told me about how Alan would write scripts during the breaks at the theatre and he has one, The Sauna.

Pretty cool eh?? My teacher's worked with loads. Bu, when I say worked, he was apparently mainly a stage hand, but thats not to say that stage hands aint important.....
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

!!!! he actually worked with him? did he say he was a nice guy and stuff?

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

My history teacher from last semester got to meet Alan in person when he went to see Cabaret, but that was a long time ago. I want to meet ALAN!!!:bawl
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

yeah! my newspaper teacher got to see him too at Cabaret! It's not fair!:bawl:bawl:bawl

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Why do teachers have all the fun:bawl it isn't fair.:(
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Fan fiction delema (includes my Floop story)

Post by Bitsy »

Hey all. Ok, here's the thing. I just had a conversation with my mom awhile back about my writing.

The good news: she thinks I'm highly talented and have a wonderful imagination when it comes to writing. My sentence structure and use of words is excellent and, with a little discipline, I could be the next J. K. Rowling (I'm serious, she said this).

The bad news: She wants me to give up fan fiction! She believes it's holding me back and that I should write about stuff I KNOW and stuff that the general public would get instead of just online people. Even though I've told her that a lot of people have loved my writing, she thinks I should quit doing miniscule stuff like this.

Ok, now before we all pick up pitchforks and hunt my mother down, it's not like she's asking me to write something for the bestseller list. Do you think she has a point? I mean, I'm 21 years old now and I'm still writing fan fiction. Yet, I really want to keep writing for Neopets, Spy Kids, Nightcralwer, and all my other favs, but I don't want to hold myself back, either. Lauren? Curly? Any suggestions?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

just do what I do, split your time up between originals and fanfics...but do the Floop and Violet fanfic first or I'll rip your arms off and beat you with them *stern glare* Listen to the 17 year old!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Violence is not the answer Lauren....well, not yet. I think that you should do what you want to do. Write the fics that you really want to write, but don't let it eatr up your time. Just put aside half an hour in the day for a fic, it doesn't have to be cone all in one day, have patience. If you believe that you should move on, do it, it is your choice. You are 21, and you say it isn't holding you back then continue writing. But remember, you can always write proffesionally and do fics, just split time like Lauren said.
I split my time between writing fics, drawing and schoolwork*I have no life*

~Kurfunkles
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Dark Angel »

I haven't written a fanfiction, but I wish I could write a good fanfiction. I can come up with good scenes for a story,but I wouldn't know how to get to those good scenes. I'm not that great at coming up with good plots. It's also hard to explain things that are in my head. I don't think I would have the patience to write a good fanfiction. I would want to rush to the good parts, but there wouldn't be much of a story. I don't want to write a mary sue. You all have probably read a fanfiction where the arthor didn't stay true to the characters or the story was just bad, and I don't want my stories to be like that(if I ever do one). If I write a romance fanfiction I wouldn't want the characters to fall in love at first site. I would want them to get to know each other and let their love blossom from there. Maybe it could be a they hate each other at first, but fall in love later in the story. There would also be things that are trying to keep them apart. Like the one character doesn't feel they are good enough for the other,or the other character has done something bad, or a certain event is happening that keeps them from each other. There should be a little drama where you are saying "Get together!!! You are made for each other!!!"(Wow sounds like it's a soap opera! I've been watching too much Buffy and ANGEL! None of the couples have ever stayed together for long.) For now I'll read other people's stories and maybe express the good scenes that are in my head.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Hmmm...I just don't post my stories or I never really finish them 'cause I have a diff idea.

OHOHOH!! The guy in my math class that looks like Alan Cumming has the same loved dimples when he smiles really big:shocked:love
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

*hisses angrily* don't try to change the subject missy! Me want some Floop stories!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:PI wasn't changin' the subject, TPAM did. Yes, the Queen and I would like to ask you POLITELY to give us your lovely Floop fan fic.:)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

forget politeness! me wants story NOW! or me throw big tantrum and tears things up!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*GASP!!!* The queen is in a pissy mood! Write that fic before she reeks her doom!!! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

I'm gonna sing the doom song! Doom doom doom doom doom doom doooommmm doomie doomie dooom doom doomie!