Do people *know* that you're a Nightcrawler fan?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Originally posted by Casshern
maybe, but when you slash or just stab with it you only need one hand.
And katana doesnt weight so much anyways.
They weigh like 30 pounds.
blauliebeself
Lubber
Lubber

Post by blauliebeself »

Yes!! I wear my "I love the smell of brimstone in the morning" hoodie almost every day! I talk with my friends about how nightcrawler is the best superhero ever (no matter what they say about the other xmen) and I even like my guys with slightly pointed ears and hair that's short on the sides and kinda curly on top. Now if only I could find one with that prehensile tail... ;pant
" Love makes you want to stab people? That's not love! That's brain damage!" -Kurt, of course
:poke
darkangel
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darkangel »

not in my case sorry unbelivable isnt it !!!! :o
nightcrawler rocks!!!
Chlorine
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Chlorine »

Hm...This thread it pretty old! Yet I think that I have read it before (I'm pretty sure I found this site years before I actually joined, but my memory of it isn't too clear).

Anyway, as of late I'm sure a few people have become aware that I like X-Men. Since X3 just came out, X-Men is an acceptable thing to talk about among normal people for a while. I found out my best friend Natalie (whom I've known since the third grade) is pretty into X-Men, so she and I have been talking about it lately, occasionally dragging other people into our conversations and thus alerting them of our nerdiness.

As for if people know if I like Nighrcawler, I dunno. The only real clue is that X2 is the only X-Men movie I have...
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

WARNING: The following is an admitted rant. I’ve kept all this bottled up for a very, very long time and all this movie and video game business has been shaking up that bottle until now if I don’t get this out I really might actually explode in a gory mess. That’s just the way I am. I don’t talk because I’m scared of offending people so I filter my feelings and opinions through stories and pray for positive feedback. Then, one day without warning, it all just comes flooding out in a rush. That’s how I came to scribble this post, and that’s also why, once it was all out, I had to explain it up here in this warning. So, I’m very sorry if my venting upsets anyone, but I have to talk about this with someone and since my friends and family really don’t get why I’m a fan of Nightcrawler, I must post my feelings here or die from silence.

Oh yeah, people know I’m a Nightcrawler fan the same way they know I’m a Data fan and an Isaac Asimov fan and a P.G. Wodehouse fan and a Blackadder fan and a Red Dwarf fan and a Loki fan and a Phil Silvers fan and a Danny Kaye fan and an Akira Kurosawa fan and a Hayao Miyazaki fan and I’ll stop the list now before it gets too long. And because so many people who are only casual fans of the X-Men (my family included) know I’m a Nightcrawler fan, I’m on the receiving end of a LOT of guff about the way Nightcrawler was portrayed in the movies. I mean a LOT. If they know only one thing about any version of Nightcrawler, it’s the icky scars. When I try to explain to them that he’s really a funny, fuzzy, swashbuckling-type superhero who most likely wouldn’t voluntarily maim himself unless by doing so he could miraculously save the lives of a skyscraper full of innocent schoolchildren and their teachers, they shoot me incredulous looks like I’m a nut who just made all that up on the spot. And frankly, I’m sick to death of it.

When X2 came out, I was so excited Nightcrawler was in the movie. I saw the thing about seven times, and when it came out on DVD I pre-ordered it and when it came in the mail I watched Kurt save the world from Stryker’s Cerebro every night for three weeks straightâ€
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
x___bamf!
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x___bamf! »

My family, no, everyone that at least just walks in my room know I love Nightcrawler.
A whole wall by my door is a whole bunch of posters and pictures, and on my stereo I have several action figures. I also have alot of different X-Men figurines lying around my room.
My dad was the only one that knew when I was little, because I can remember watching the very first X-Men cartoon and loving it, and Nightcrawler was the most intriguing I thought, so I took a liking to him.
Then later on people noticed me like, drawing a little BAMF! cloud in the corner of my excersize books or something.
And I even painted myself blue in art one day and had to go around like it for the rest of the day! :oops:
And now all my friends call me Alyssa Wagner, because they looove to say I will one day marry Kurt. haha :love

[Edited on 7/6/06 by x___bamf!]
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

Only my brother and sister know that I'm a Nightcrawler fan, my dad would think I'm childish for liking him but bleugh! No one else seem's interested in X-Men around where I live and my friends have matured way before me! :D I wish i had something of Nightcrawler to my name but I have nothing, I wish I had been born in the age of Marvel, but alas it wasn't to be D: And the only comics here is Spiderman with an X-men story in the back.... I should go to eBay or something :P
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

To update whatever I may have previously said, I have a Nightcrawler figurine on my till at work and I have two Nightcrawler t-shirts that I wear reguarly, that I got printed in the shirt print section of my store, so yeah, most people who know who Nightcrawler is can see I'm a fan...
Wolverine2
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Wolverine2 »

Well my sister knows after the time i tried to teleport and ended up hitting a wall :oops:

[Edited on 2/11/06 by Wolverine2]
Enelas
Lubber
Lubber

Well... yeah.

Post by Enelas »

Ok, I agree with lots of people here. Rowena's long letter, I feel quite the same, though I don't know anyone religious. Therefore, no discussion on that. Eleri, it's all the same here. No one whatsoever... No comic books either, come to that :(
People know, but they asked me why do I keep drawing freaks. It was just Kurt's hand and tail with his crucifix, but three fingers, eh... My brother told me to draw the demon's grinny face to the background, too. Well, it took a while but he understood what an angel he really is. So, yeah :)
Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she´s not breathing?
Hello, I am your mind giving you
Someone to talk to
Hello

If I smile and don´t believe
Soon I know I´ll wake from this dream
Don´t try to fix me, I´m not broken
Hello, I'm the lie, living for you so you can hide
Don´t cry

Suddenly I know I´m not sleeping
Hello, I´m still here
All that´s left of yesterday

--Evanescence
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Enelas
People know, but they asked me why do I keep drawing freaks.
Thats pretty common.
Usually people ask from me "why do you keep drawing war and monsters?", I keep answering "I like it".
TemperDarkholme
Lubber
Lubber

Post by TemperDarkholme »

Well, let's see....

I have Nightcrawler comics, pics of him on my wall, had an arguement with one person over who gets him, and have begged my friend to get me with Kurt in her dream....

Does all that count?
If you have to choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried before.

"As you say in America: Neener Neener Neener!"-Evolution's Nightcrawler

"Try being blue and furry. It's murder!" - Nightcrawler
williamcreed
Lubber
Lubber

Post by williamcreed »

i say it every day when people say that the best x-man is wolverine. oh well
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I never hide my obsession for my favorite fuzzball. I have drawings and pictures of him all over my stuff. I even have Bamfing Bob on my binder, so that everytime someone asks what Bamfing means, I can explain how much I love Nightcrawler and the anatomy of a teleport. Most people are like :rolleyes but a few are quite informed. Pretty sweet...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
darkangel
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darkangel »

no . and they think im crazy everytime i talk about it. to prove that im a nighty fan im gonna get tatooed . i wanna have a nightcrawler on my back .
nightcrawler rocks!!!
Jolinare
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jolinare »

i always rant about my obssessions, so yeah.

and they don't find it any weirder than my longwinded 'i love nightwish' and 'i love tori amos' rants. i have lots of friends who like x men but they all love the wolverine. psht. aparently hugh jackman is hot and grumpy brooding characters are sexy. These very same friends of mine choose Sawyer on lost for exactly the same reason.

does niceness have no merit? i say, isn't that more interesting? to be superficial, doesn't the teleporting effect look so much cooler than snikt and snakting! And, he has a tail! and he's blue! i don't know why, but i always find artistic, weird looking characters the most interesting. But there's so much more to nightcrawler than the characteristics that appeal to the boy in me. His personality is what is really attractive in reality. He is nice, compassionate, reliable And:

rowen- a. your warning was cracking! huzzah!

b> Data is the BEST TNG character, damn straight! And the answer to Asimov, and Red Dwarf, for me is always YES. That rant pretty much summed up why i love kurt, so ditto, you've said everything so i shan't bother treading the same ground.

i love film kurt myself. He's ever so sweet. the tattoos thing was a little pointless, i agree, but in the wonderful land of fanfic bluefrodo came up with such a good back story and explination with them a. in a fannish, but not insane sort of way i take it as having some sort of unoffical authority b. don't mind the tattoos, because he needs them for exciting reasons, not just being stupidly dogmatic!

comic kurt is alot more exciting, but (i can't, EVER, be serious) the short-shorts he keeps wearing are dreadful, AND he's not in the Joss storyline. Joss is so the best writer.

and oh yeah, everyone (apart from my anime loving friends) think i'm a loser reading comics. even my mummy thinks its nerdy (and i pointed out SHE raised me four of the five star treks, so what did she expect). Because, aparently, its only acceptable for guys to read comics. SEXISM! I was sincerely offended!

[Edited on 24/2/2007 by Jolinare]
j
rain360
Lubber
Lubber

Post by rain360 »

I'll keep my Kurt obsession until the day I die....
Unless I find another obsessor like me to talk to, (:love)
then I probably won't shut up.
:rolleyes:LOL
"Don't walk in my footsteps. I walk into walls."
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get suked into jet engines."
"A computer beat me at chess once, but it was no match at me in kickboxing..."

FYI- I DID NOT MAKE THESE UP. THESE QUOTES ARE NOT MINE.
anteresi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by anteresi »

At some point, my mother though my obsession about Nightcrawler was a teenage issue.

Too bad my teenage life is behind me. It hasn't changed a bit.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Heh, I have to grin a bit at this topic. The answer is an emphatic *YES*. I use the name 'thelonebamf' for pretty much EVERYTHING, (email, livejournal, AIM etc. etc.) so it's pretty clear I've got fandom going on. (Although, every once in a while, I'll get a comment from a Dane Cook fan who doesn't get it... ) Of course, if people were to think it was just a name I thought up on the spot, well- there is my room to consider...

It's not that I have a lot of *Nightcrawler* things on display- I seem to have terrible luck in finding t-shirts, buttons and the like- but there is a definite... presence of the fuzzy dude. I've got one giant action figure clinging to the bookshelf, which also sports a giant-sized trading card (given to me at random by a friend of a friend who knew of my love for the elf)- but then there's the... other stuff.

Ever since I fell in love with Nightcrawler- it's really been more of a... Hero Worship than anything else. So what I've got on the walls are Errol Flynn posters and fake swords. (My boyfriend laughed at that. Who puts plastic swords on the wall???) among other pirate paraphenelia. I routinely get pirate things for birthdays etc. (Heck, my website has been iwannabeapirate.com for ages. WHY do I want do be a pirate? Guess. ^_~)

When the X-men movies started coming out, I was glad to see a rekindled interest in comics (and felt *so* clever pointing out differences between the movies and the comics to my friends...) but I've been lucky. I think I hang out with geeks, so my love of 'crawler isn't any different than their love of Star Wars etc. (Besides, Geek Chic is totally in!)

When the 2nd movie came out- my college friends and I *almost* dressed up for the occassion, but I think we had to go during a busy academic season- so we missed out. My Nightcrawler action figure did sit in my front pocket to watch the show, though. When Mozart's requiem started and the butt-kicking began, all my friends just looked at me, waiting for me to explode out of my seat.

So the answer is definitely, yes. My friends know. But I tend to wear my interests 'on my sleeve' as it were- and they are cool enough not to think it's weird because well...we're all weird. At least it makes shopping for presents super easy!
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Plastic swords? I have a real cutlass on my wall. Burglars beware the dread privateer Nightyfan!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Ha, well I envy you then. But seeing as my 6-year-old nephew tends to grab at things no matter where they are, I think real cutlasses would be a bad idea.

For a recent birthday, however- I did receive a kickin' flintlock pistol with awesome pewter details and stuff. Not that Kurt would ever use a pistol in a pirate fight but... still- it was nice my friends were thinking on the right wavelength. I really feel bad for those of you whose friends aren't so understanding. (My mom thinks I'm crazy and doesn't understand why I have pictures of a 'guy that looks like the devil' hanging about, but it's easy enough to roll my eyes and move on with things. ^_^)
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by german_gremlin »

Oh...I'm such a fan since I was eight years old. I watched the t.v. series and saw him and thought...."Wow..I know how he feels.(I was overweight and thought of myself as an outcast) and he went through it all in stride." So I went to flea markets, comic book shops, etc. to find all things Nightcrawler. I'm a huge X-men buff!!
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm glad, then, that my kids (8 and 6) learned that even foam or plastic swords aren't guaranteed safe. Of course, it kind of helps that my coach has gotten them hooked on foiling around. They know the basic rules of how to safely handle a sword, and leave mine well alone.

And, well... my cutlass is kept peace tied and as dull as a Mexican dinner without salsa. I think there may be more to fear from my fencing sabre.

That being said, I like Nightcrawler because in addition to having common faith and interests, he almost always has a positive attitude I could only aspire to.

[Edited on 24/2/2008 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

do they know

Post by Elfdame »

Hubby knows I like the 'Crawler, knows I waste hours writing odious fanfic about him -- he even knows to whom I refer when I mention my Original Character, as in "I'm gonna have to get her a Harley" -- but whenever I choose a new pic for the desktop, he always complains about "that blue guy." He even asked me to put up a Spidey pic instead.

I have a plan, however {*evil granny laugh*}; I have asked him (politely) to read the first Cockrum Nightcrawler pirate comic. I said, "Then you'll understand why he's so fun." He *has* seen X2.

And my 4-year-old granddaughter can spell "BAMF," although she is aware it's not a real word but an onomatopoeic representation of a sound.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I've been here for over 5 year, I have a NC website and I own all excaliburs, most action figs and I hang in the chat pretty much permanently- And nobody, absolutely no I know in the real life knows anything about it. I'm so deep in the closet I could be mistaken for a broom.
Sad, isn't it?:bawl

oh, and "hartelijk welkom" elfdame!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”